Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
To your credit you made a great point about illegal immigration and big business. Illegal immigration is one of the biggest frustrations right now and is a topic that I think is the main issue right now that is affecting Americans in a negative way. However, that IMHO does not mean that Americans should not be patriotic still. This is still one of the few countries in the world where a person has a great opportunity to pursue their respective dreams.
Everybody in this country over indulges in what I can only describe as "political escapism." With everything falling to utter pieces, the ruling class having top secret initiatives aimed at its own population, and everything else happening here under the sun, the "USA! USA! chants are just mind numbingly stupid. The ruling ideology of this nation is globalism and internationalism. For as much as Americans pretend to be against the United Nations, or an NWO, in actuality they serve as the New World Orders military enforcers. It's a sad and pathetic paradox. All it takes is a few words from Bill O'Reilly about some Bond villain `threatening freedom` and everybody is in full support of the military going off to bomb people into the stone age to destroy some regime that isn't abiding by the whims and rules of international plutocrats.

Americans are the biggest social cowards on the entire planet. This is honestly the only place I have ever been to where certain topics, deemed by television to be `politically incorrect`, will make people literally gasp in horror simply so they aren't seen venturing away from the dumb herd.

I've had it up to here with Muricans and their shallow sense of Patriotism.

Chanting USA in a wrestling arena isn't "patriotism."

It's just being an idiot. It's "political escapism." It's submission. It's "wreck everything, rob us blind, and usurp the population with cheap labor, and we'll still wave our little flags because we're spineless cretins."

Actual Patriotism is a little harder, and comes at a higher cost.

John Cena "Patriotism" is Patriotism out of a crackerjack box

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
He's not even Russian. lol

The dude was born in Bulgaria. He doesn't even look Russian.

I don't even think this would play in European countries because they would all be like "That guy isn't Russian. WTF is this?"

But nobody knows anything here so it works.
He's not supposed to be Russian. They've always said he's Bulgarian.

Anyway, America was the greatest country on earth, but I agree with what Rusev's been saying because it's not anymore, because of people like Cena. (Or if it still is the greatest, that doesn't mean much today.)

Reactions: Wildcat410

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Everybody in this country over indulges in what I can only describe as "political escapism." With everything falling to utter pieces, the ruling class having top secret initiatives aimed at its own population, and everything else happening here under the sun, the "USA! USA! chants are just mind numbingly stupid. The ruling ideology of this nation is globalism and internationalism. For as much as Americans pretend to be against the United Nations, or an NWO, in actuality they serve as the New World Orders military enforcers. It's a sad and pathetic paradox. All it takes is a few words from Bill O'Reilly about some Bond villain `threatening freedom` and everybody is in full support of the military going off to bomb people into the stone age to destroy some regime that isn't abiding by the whims and rules of international plutocrats.

Americans are the biggest social cowards on the entire planet. This is honestly the only place I have ever been to where certain topics, deemed by television to be `politically incorrect`, will make people literally gasp in horror simply so they aren't seen venturing away from the dumb herd.

It's just being an idiot. It's "political escapism." It's submission. It's "wreck everything, rob us blind, and usurp the population with cheap labor, and we'll still wave our little flags because we're spineless cretins."

I post on political message boards so I agree with a lot of what you say. I am a very right wing conservative(tea party and not Republican). Yes, America is not what it use to be. But just remember that it is wrestling and just a show. In many ways professional wrestling is a show that provides an element of escapism for many people. Maybe a lot of people who chant USA remember and want this country to be the great country it once was.

I could see why this current angle could be construed as cheap patriotism and your premise that you just wrote but this is a type of angle that has been successfully done for fifty plus years.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I post on political message boards so I agree with a lot of what you say. I am a very right wing conservative(tea party and not Republican). Yes, America is not what it use to be. But just remember that it is wrestling and just a show. In many ways professional wrestling is a show that provides an element of escapism for many people. Maybe a lot of people who chant USA remember and want this country to be the great country it once was.

I could see why this current angle could be construed as cheap patriotism and your premise that you just wrote but this is a type of angle that has been successfully done for fifty plus years.
I get it. I'm just voicing the reasons that flash through my head in about 1.5 seconds during these segments that cause my eyes to roll when I see the crowd getting all excited about John Cena Murica rants.

I would think by now, even at a dumb wrestling show, that nobody honestly would care anymore.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I get it. I'm just voicing the reasons that flash through my head in about 1.5 seconds during these segments that cause my eyes to roll when I see the crowd getting all excited about John Cena Murica rants.

I would think by now, even at a dumb wrestling show, that nobody honestly would care anymore.
Personally, I think that Rusev and Lana are the best part of the show right now. Their segment is just about the only one that is portraying an old fashioned storyline instead of watching wrestler A face wrestler B in the same meaningless victory trade off matches for the 20th time in the past three months. That could be another reason why the crowd is so much into the USA chants because they actually have a storyline to become emotionally invested in.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Personally, I think that Rusev and Lana are the best part of the show right now. Their segment is just about the only one that is portraying an old fashioned storyline instead of watching wrestler A face wrestler B in the same meaningless victory trade off matches for the 20th time in the past three months. That could be another reason why the crowd is so much into the USA chants because they actually have a storyline to become emotionally invested in.
I can see that in the few youtube clips I've seen. Like I said, I would of started chanting "Russia" if I was there, just because I'm a big fan of trolling Cena and the shit product they parade around as pro wrestling. I think if the American crowd was behind Rusev over Cena that would be a shining moment in audience-history. I can't think of anything wrestling related that would be more hilarious and to the point.

That said, I'd be more insulted today if someone insulted Tom Brady, than if someone insulted the area of dirt I live on.

·
Registered
684 Posts

Everybody? Sorry, but i dont think all 300 plus million of us fit in your little agenda box.

That's pretty damn ignorant.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I can see that in the few youtube clips I've seen. Like I said, I would of started chanting "Russia" if I was there, just because I'm a big fan of trolling Cena and the shit product they parade around as pro wrestling. I think if the American crowd was behind Rusev over Cena that would be a shining moment in audience-history. I can't think of anything wrestling related that would be more hilarious and to the point.

That said, I'd be more insulted today if someone insulted Tom Brady, than if someone insulted the area of dirt I live on.
Joe Montana is the greatest Super Bowl quarterback still! I do believe that but I was pulling for the Patriots because I felt Green Bay basically gave the game away to the Seahawks. However, your Patriots did dominate my favorite quarterback in Andrew Luck. However, I was willing to look past that and cheer for the Patriots. Tom Brady is certainly a top ten all time if not top 5 all time qb.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Yes, because if you aren't a Fox News watching, flag waving, extra spicy retard then obviously you must be a conspiracy nut anti-Semite. There is no way you could possibly be something in between.
DO YOU READ?

WHERE THE FUCK DID I "STAND UP FOR THE US"?

WHERE THE FUCK DID I START FLAG WAVING?

The only point I made was this storyline was fucking cold war era and some flag extra retard dumbfucks were angry because the country they did not like was the face, WHICH IN MY MIND INDICATES THAT IF THE FACE HEEL ROLES WERE REVERSED THEY WOULD BE FINE WITH IT WHICH MAKES THEM THE FUCKING FLAG WAVING RETARDS

·
Registered
961 Posts
Joe Montana is the greatest Super Bowl quarterback still! I do believe that but I was pulling for the Patriots because I felt Green Bay basically gave the game away to the Seahawks. However, your Patriots did dominate my favorite quarterback in Andrew Luck. However, I was willing to look past that and cheer for the Patriots. Tom Brady is certainly a top ten all time if not top 5 all time qb.
Top 10? Top 5? LOL

9 AFC Championship games.
Most playoff wins of all time.
Most playoff touchdowns of all time.
4 Superbowl championships.
6 Superbowl appearances.
Most playoff comebacks of all time.

A helmet catch away from going 19-0.

Tom Brady is the freaking GOAT.

#1 .

Just look at those AFC Championship appearances.

In the 14 seasons he's played football, America has watched him playing in the final four leading into the Superbowl NINE times. Good teams. Bad teams. Throwing to nobodies.

Doesn't matter.

Dude is the best that ever lived. The Michael Jordan of the NFL

·
Registered
719 Posts
He's not even Russian. lol

The dude was born in Bulgaria. He doesn't even look Russian.

I don't even think this would play in European countries because they would all be like "That guy isn't Russian. WTF is this?"

But nobody knows anything here so it works.
My thoughts exactly. As a portuguese, I do not see him as Russian at all. Even though they're still saying he's bulgarian, Bulgaria's a part of the European Union, and the EU HATES Russia with a passion, a lot more than the USA, especially in an eastern European country such as Bulgaria.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Is anyone finding the "MUH FLAG AND COUNTRY IS BETTER" angle a bit cheesy, played out and inappropriate for an internatially televised show?

It's WORLD Wrestling Entertainment, Not Murica vs Everybody.

"I was born in this geographical area, therefore I am better than you!"
Maybe it's different to me because I'm from the UK, but I cringe whenever I see any form of patriotism. The only performer in recent years who was somewhat enjoyable with a patriotic gimmick was Jack Swagger, and that feud happened solely for Cena to take his place and bury the shit out of Rusev at WrestleMania. fpalm

Also, Rusev is seemingly more of a face than Cena in this feud. Rusev is upholding his values and he refuses to kiss ass purely because he's in America, whereas Cena will stoop to heel antics in order to get what he wants. It's an interesting concept really, because WWE seemingly portrays foreign gimmicks as the enemy so America can look strong in feuds.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Top 10? Top 5? LOL

9 AFC Championship games.
Most playoff wins of all time.
Most playoff touchdowns of all time.
4 Superbowl championships.
6 Superbowl appearances.
Most playoff comebacks of all time.

A helmet catch away from going 19-0.

Tom Brady is the freaking GOAT.

#1 .

Just look at those AFC Championship appearances.

In the 14 seasons he's played football, America has watched him playing in the final four leading into the Superbowl NINE times. Good teams. Bad teams. Throwing to nobodies.

Doesn't matter.

Dude is the best that ever lived. The Michael Jordan of the NFL
Quarterbacks are more protected today with rules that benefit them compared to twenty years ago. Three quarterbacks that I would without a doubt put ahead of Brady right now are Unitas, Montana and Marino.

Also, New England would not be able to compete against the great NFC teams of the early 1990s such as Dallas and San Francisco.

Like I said maybe top 5 all time especially justified by the stats that you have posted there but not top three quite yet. I think we can all agree that Manning is nowhere close to Brady.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Quarterbacks are more protected today with rules that benefit them compared to twenty years ago. Three quarterbacks that I would without a doubt put ahead of Brady right now are Unitas, Montana and Marino.

Also, New England would not be able to compete against the great NFC teams of the early 1990s such as Dallas and San Francisco.

Like I said maybe top 5 all time especially justified by the stats that you have posted there but not top three quite yet. I think we can all agree that Manning is nowhere close to Brady.
I agree about the era, but remember Tom Brady won 3 Superbowls before the NFL was turned into flag football. Bill Polian was responsible for that change with his sway over the competition committee, trying to change the rules to benefit Peyton and Indy's fines offense.

The emphasis on illegal contact came in 2004, after the Patriots defense beat the crap out of Indy's receivers in the playoffs.

Then the big one came in 2009, where it became illegal for defensive backs to blast "defenseless receivers" Rodney Harrison style. This was the biggest one because it allows receivers to go over the middle with no fear of getting destroyed.

The salary cap era makes it impossible to put teams together like the old NFC teams, which I think is honestly a credit to Brady. He never gets to keep his receivers, or his defense, or his line. He has to do what he's done with a revolving door of players, and learn new chemistry with a revolving door of receivers, almost every year.

But as long as you know Peyton is a clown, you're alright in my book

·
Registered
684 Posts
What do Americans have to be Patriotic about? Let's just go through the list:

1. America is not a sovereign country. It has no southern border. It has no culture, no national language, and no border. Without these three things, it's just an economic zone that tells its simpleton citizenry that they're a nation for political purposes.
No culture? Maybe you should get out more and see the country? There are all kinds of cultures in all corners of the country. It might not be thousands of years old, but there is culture. Just because someone doesn't like the culture, doesnt mean there isnt culture. Do you know what having culture entails?

As far as "simpleton citizennzry" is there any citizenzry on earth that questions and rails on their own goverment moreso than the US citizenzry? I doubt it. Most of this countries' protesters and watch dogs come from within. For example, what other country would release a detailed report on how they fucked up with some of their tactics during the war in the middle east? It's a report that can be found online. I don't see most European governments admitting to something like that. They certainly wouldn't make much of it available to the public.

2. You have zero say in your national direction. Americans are the political equivalent of surfs. #1 is a good example of this. Americans have been whining about border security since the Reagan administration. That was in the 80's, thirty freaking years ago. It's still wide open, and soon the people crossing it will out number you. lol You fail.
Where do you live? the northeast? What the fuck do you know about the southern border?

Btw, this country was founded by immigrants and is based on immigration. You know "bring me your tired and wearied masses", etc....

3. The country is 18 trillion dollars in debt because the ruling class robs you blind.
I dont disagree there.

However, that debt doesn't stop me or anyone else from getting rich. Some have an easier route than others because of who or where they were born, but it's possible for anyone to get rich in this country. The "American Dream" is real.

4. The entire society is held together by television. That is how shallow the American nation has become.
What is wrong with TV? We have some great programs. I love watching TV after a long day at work.

What do you suggest that i do instead?

5. The propaganda in this country is ridiculous. Calling yourselves the home of the free while the NSA spies on you and sells your data to foreign nations and governments in secret, then labels men "traitors" who whistle blow on these policies and inform the public.
I hear what you're saying here. I somewhat agree and im scared that the government would spy on us if they could. I am concerned that our national liberties are eroding. Thank goodness for the whistle blowers, which we do have in spades in this country.

6. Perpetual, never ending wars against "bogey men" which Americans are expected to die for to "defend freedom", which is a mind blowing narrative in how utterly stupid it is. Only a 3rd grader could believe it… or, apparently, a Murican.
The US had to go into the middle east after 9/11, but they handled it like shit and stayed too long. I'm sick of the wars too and i wish we would keep our people out of that backwards and black hole region for good.

7. All manufacturing moved overseas to be done by child slave-laborers so big business can make a fortune, and you can work at Dunkin Donuts.
The outsourcing is a problem. So is the corporate tax. Lower the corporate tax, and maybe less companies would outsource? There are other things that cause outsourcing, but corporate tax is a major cause.

However, people here dont have to work at a place like dunkin donuts. People here are free to work as hard as they want, wherever they want and make as much money as they want. People here are free to get whatever education they want, or not. People here are free to start their own business if they want. There is no one in government stopping you from working in whatever field you want to work.

Keep waving your flag, bro. You have it all figured out.
lol for some reason i picture you typing this wearing a $39.99 Che shirt, typing it on your $2500 computer, in your parents safe American suburb, listening to Rage Against the Machine. I'm probably wrong but i got that image. There are a lot of kids like that these days.

If there ever was a WWE wrestler who was just perfect to be the face of American Patriotism, it really is the phony politician smirker, John Cena.

As much as it annoys people, it honestly couldn't be more fitting.

John Cena looking like a transvestite wonder woman is the perfect Captain America for this stupid society.
It's pro wrestling for cripes sake. It's not meant to be taken so seriously.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The very vast majority of Europe is obviously first world just like the United States is. The sad reality is that much of the world when compared to America does not have the infrastructure or technology or quality of life that Americans enjoy. I guarantee that logically any person would not not call America a dump when they see firsthand the abysmal quality of life and poverty and suffering that happens in much of the world. The reality is that many homeless people in America have it better than a lot of people in this world. If many Americans are guilty of something it is excessive love of materialism and the constant need to keep up with the Joneses to use an old expression. Also, last time I checked America has freedom of speech to where the government cannot jail someone for unpopular opinions. Many parts of Europe to include England do not have true freedom of speech.
That's not entirely true. We have the European Union law on Free Speech as a Human Right. You cannot be jailed for an opinion within the EU & UK, no matter how controversial it is. It's your "human right". :)

101 - 120 of 145 Posts