Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loving the news of this Patrick Clark gimmick. It's refreshing to see WWE book a black wrestler as something other than a generic, dated stereotype.

I'm hoping this Trump thing goes all the way to the main roster, because as controversial as it is, this could create the type of mainstream attention that WWE insatiably craves.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's a great gimmick for a heel to have, very 'of the moment' and it can generate nuclear heat.

The only downside is that it has a limited lifespan. But on the other hand, this could be a very good launchpad for Clark.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
If he comes out and says that "Girls belong in the kitchen, not in the ring", I am going to blow my load.

I might just fall on my ass laughing so hard :rollins4

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
I'm loving the news of this Patrick Clark gimmick. It's refreshing to see WWE book a black wrestler as something other than a generic, dated stereotype.

I'm hoping this Trump thing goes all the way to the main roster, because as controversial as it is, this could create the type of mainstream attention that WWE insatiably craves.
Very good point. It's nice to see the WWE allowing some creativity from a black wrestler. Nice thread.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts
With how much WWE worries about political correctness I am hugely surprised that this gimnick even found the light of day.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
With how much WWE worries about political correctness I am hugely surprised that this gimnick even found the light of day.
That’s why I doubt this even makes TV. It’s one thing to do this in little house shows in Flordia but on live TV? Don’t see it happening. And even if it does, it won’t last long. He’ll piss some female rights group off and that will be the end of the gimmick.

Now, I think it could be a great gimmick. But you know it’s not gonna fly in today’s WWE.

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
Surprised they didn't give it to the former La Sombra.

I wouldn't doubt if that suggestion was made at one point.

Nevertheless, I'd be surprised if this gimmick makes it anywhere close to TV. And God bless Patrick Clark because, if somehow it does, he better get used to looking up at the lights because it has "jobber" written all over it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts