Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Password Recovery doesn't seem to be working. I requested my password last Wednesday and I still haven't received an email. Also, because I didn't know my password, I made a new account and I didn't receive any emails regarding that either. And how come you don't get an email when you get a new PM? I don't even get the popup that tells you that you have a new PM.

[/moandone]

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
I'm pretty sure Lee switched off email notification for subscribed threads and PMs a while ago, because it put unnecessary stress on the server or something (I think). I presume the same's true about the pop-up box for PMs, unless it's affected by pop-up blockers or Java being disabled, or something similar.

No idea about the password thing though.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Jeff Hardy said in post #3 :
On your user editors you can choose whether you're sent an e-mail if u get a PM.
Yeah, but Nitemare put it so that even if you did have that set to yes you still wouldn't get anything. I don't think that you could get an e mail from here bacause Nitemare turned everythinkg e mail thing off for the server.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
^^^Just like I said in my post. Almost as if Jeff Hardy didn't bother reading it.

B

·
0 Posts
It won't be emailed. The thing is off on the server, which Nitemare has no control over.

N

·
0 Posts
BabyBoy said in post #7 :
It won't be emailed. The thing is off on the server, which Nitemare has no control over.
What he said...

I told Amish and if I see him on AIM I'll try and get him to do it then.

I wouldn't have turned it off. Really. ONLY thing I turned off was e-mails sent to people who register. Since we get hundreds daily, it sucks for the server. Sure, the server wouldn't even be affected, but it sucks that they have to click to activate their account. Some reply, too. Senseless stuff...

About the PM box not popping up. I am going to guess one day when Amish accidently deleted the whole header template that he forgot to add that. Now that I remember this I can go and check it out. I should be able to have it fixed soon if that was the problem...

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not that much of a problem for me, I had it written down at my house but I was somewhere else and couldn't log in. I just thought it could be a problem for others. :)

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Here's an idea: Use a password that's easy for you to remember. I only have three passwords I use online, and they're all the same thing. One password is two songs I used to like. Then the other is one word from the first song, and another word from the second song. Then the third is the same words, switched. I messed up typing too fast when logging in the admin cp one night, so Lee might know it.(I'm sure he gets emailed the username and password if someone logs into the admin cp and isn't allowed access)

<3

N

·
0 Posts
Kaneanite said in post #10 :
so Lee might know it.(I'm sure he gets emailed the username and password if someone logs into the admin cp and isn't allowed access)
That would be the case if the server would send e-mails, but it doesn't. Besides, I wouldn't want to know your password anyway. Does me no good.

<3

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Dude, I'm slow. I keep forgetting about the email thing. <3
(d00d if you dont care about my password stop askin me for it on messengers k)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts