Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The “Forbidden Door” has been one of the hottest discussions and topics in professional wrestling in years.

AEW Star Christian Cage is the current IMPACT World Heavyweight Champion, and he will attempt to defend the title tonight at IMPACT’s Bound For Glory PPV against Josh Alexander. But, it sounds like AEW and IMPACT’s “partnership” may be ending after tonight’s PPV.

According to a report from Ringside News, the deal between AEW and IMPACT Wrestling is “ending” following tonight’s Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View. The report stated that they were not given any specifics for the future, but that does leave a lot to question about the status of Christian Cage, Christopher Daniels, and The Good Brothers – Anderson & Gallows, who were all prominently featured on both companies television programs.

“A trusted source close to the situation informed us that “the partnership is ending after BFG.” Unless something changes it appears that the companies will stop sharing talent after Bound For Glory on October 23rd.”

There had also been a potential cross-over program teased between IMPACT Knockout’s Champion Deonna Purrazzo and AEW Women’s Champion Dr. Britt Baker.. but with the “deal” between the two companies reportedly coming to an end after tonight, we will have to see if there ends up being any future partnerships.
Source:Partnership Between AEW and IMPACT Reportedly Ending After Bound For Glory PPV

Yes I know it’s coming from ringsidenews that’s reporting this but Sean Ross Sapp(who is a reliable source) confirmed this

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1452053956776153089

·
Registered
78 Posts
Definitely ran it's course, unless Khan was thinking of investing in Impact and using it as a 3rd show it wasn't bringing anything to either promotions. Now Rampage now being a thing they don't need that and Impact gained little from it latterly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good as it wasn’t beneficial to Impact at all, while the idea of cross promoting is good in theory if it’s completely one sided to one company looking good it hurts both companies.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Whilst I think the concept could have worked they really hit a stinker when they decided there would be no pay off to Kenny Omega beating everybody as Champion.

Still I'm sure Impact saved money during a period of economic uncertainty and can now come through as a viable alternative for people like Cage, Kazarian, Janela etc who are not getting much exposure in AEW to go and work once there contracts are up.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Whilst I think the concept could have worked they really hit a stinker when they decided there would be no pay off to Kenny Omega beating everybody as Champion.

Still I'm sure Impact saved money during a period of economic uncertainty and can now come through as a viable alternative for people like Cage, Kazarian, Janela etc who are not getting much exposure in AEW to go and work once there contracts are up.
Really wished Kaz and Daniels would go there

·
Registered
78 Posts

It failed the minute Christian Cage won the Impact World title on Rampage. Should have either been an Impact wrestler on Rampage (my preference, someone from Impact beating Kenny in his own backyard, even if it was down to Christian interference) or Christian beating Kenny on an episode of Impact.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It failed the minute Christian Cage won the Impact World title on Rampage. Should have either been an Impact wrestler on Rampage (my preference, someone from Impact beating Kenny in his own backyard, even if it was down to Christian interference) or Christian beating Kenny on an episode of Impact.
Yeah, the whole suggestion that "it was good exposure for Impact" is pretty poor considering the amount of viewers TNA got at the height of there popularity. 99% of people watching that show know what Impact is. The belt was just a prop to kickstart an AEW rivalry.

·
Registered
139 Posts
IMPACT! needs to stack their roster and give it ago. with Juggernaut Buddy Matthews, JONAH, Adam Scheer, Authors of Pain w/ Paul Ellering, Wyndham, Kalisto, and hopefully they add exciting young guys not Zicky Dice ( I loved his outlandish promos) & Manny Lemon and instead adds Toa Liona, Edge Stone, Xander Gold, Aussie Open, Mike Verna. impact needs younger more exciting talent not rehashes.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
IMPACT! needs to stack their roster and give it ago. with Juggernaut Buddy Matthews, JONAH, Adam Scheer, Authors of Pain w/ Paul Ellering, Wyndham, Kalisto, and hopefully they add exciting young guys not Zicky Dice ( I loved his outlandish promos) & Manny Lemon and instead adds Toa Liona, Edge Stone, Xander Gold, Aussie Open, Mike Verna. impact needs younger more exciting talent not rehashes.
I would hire the two Rotunda Brothers

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would hire the two Rotunda Brothers
I mentioned Wyndham but I think Bo has alot to offer . but I realize I left out Shane Mercer, the Summit Jase Osei, Maine Event ( Davis & Jones Jr.), Spencer Slade & Bill Collier. they probably need to get rid of the goofy shit like swinger, Hernandez, alsha Edwards, Su Yung & the undead brides, decay, deaner, Manny Lemons & Zicky Dice , Falla Bahh, No Way

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I mentioned Wyndham but I think Bo has alot to offer . but I realize I left out Shane Mercer, the Summit Jase Osei, Maine Event ( Davis & Jones Jr.), Spencer Slade & Bill Collier. they probably need to get rid of the goofy shit like swinger, Hernandez, alsha Edwards, Su Yung & the undead brides, decay, deaner, Manny Lemons & Zicky Dice , Falla Bahh, No Way
Yea Bo is great. He is pretty underrated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't think too many stars should be brought in. You already have many talented people on the roster which the writers are wasting at the moment. I mean Jake Something should have been in the main event by now. Madman Fulton is just being wasted. Instead of being tied to Ace, he should be in VBD or Ace and Fulton should have won the tag titles by now. I think they need to really sign some good tag teams. GB as champions are goofy shit and they need to do better. Even a run for Swann and Willie Mack would have been better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts