Wrestling Forum banner

Paris Attack, Apathy for WORLD suffering, and Political Propaganda

4459 Views 65 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Miss Sally
Before I speak of what this thread is really about, I want to say that I deeply am saddened about what happened in Paris. I care about all innocents, I don't care if you're French or American or Indian or Chinese. I don't care if you're a sweetheart, I don't care if you're an asshole, if you're an innocent you deserve compassion and even non innocents have some form of compassion for me when they are suffering.

With that being said, view everything I post and think carefully...

I want to remind you all of what is probably very obvious to some (probably many) of you.

First off lets speak of some events that happened not too long ago shall we? The American military bombed a hospital in Afghanistan killing many Afghani innocents and nothing happens. The American military invaded a country for no good reason killing INNOCENTS and yet there's still debate if the invasion was justifiable (yes, some people still debate this) AND nothing really happened to the US whilst this said country is now in ruin even though before is was a stable nation. The Syrian people are suddenly facing terrorists rebels and the rebels (who the majority of Syrians hate) are spoken of as heroes in the west and given weapons (and those same rebels also join ISIS). These madmen called ISIS also kept killing innocents in the muslim world from countries to Kuwait, Egypt (yeah, they're at our borders but we fuck'em good), Tunisia, Libya, and most importantly the HUNDREDS of innocents killed in Syria or Iraq. Many horrible events happen worldwide outside of the west, yet the world (specifically the western world) doesn't get into a craze over these events....

....then ISIS shows it's ugly face in France and kills innocents (who are less than the innocents killed by the American military & ISIS in the middle east altogether) and suddenly the ENTIRE WORLD is talking about it in sheer anger, outrage, and sorrow. Some go the muslims are savages! Some go immigration will ruin the west! Some go pray for Paris! Some go what is the world coming to? Some go we have to stop ISIS! Youtube has the French flag! I'm talking to my girl on skype sending hearts and the hearts are LITERALLY in the colors of the French flag! It's all over facebook! Celebrities are talking about this! Politicians are talking about it a lot! People on chatting sites are angry and sad! Holy crap this is 9/11 all over again!!! This is HUGE according to the media and people rightly so see how it's a HUGE sad event! ...so what happened in Paris was huge, but non western (specifically middle easern, north African, muslim) suffering is either of little importance or none at all to many people? ...why?

I sometimes go on omegle to troll and see how people feel about certain topics by either speaking as myself or other people (I'm very sneaky in that sense as you'll see) to see reactions, and for an entire fucking hour when omegle had like 23000 people I saw posts like these...

(I realize many are trolls, but it's moronic to assume they're literally ALL trolls. I've seen youtube commen sections with endless debates with people speaking like this...)

http://imgur.com/a/sctNv

http://imgur.com/a/jc0GZ

http://i.imgur.com/BJoeeOP.png

http://i.imgur.com/Psl6xZk.png

Despite all the stupidity on omegle though, there's this gem that made me laugh.

Stranger 1 is a fucking legend, so fucking sassy I died laughing. :ha :HA :haha

I'm not dismissing that there MANY people in the west or worldwide who feel compassion for ALL innocent human beings who suffer worldwide not caring what the western media or any form of media says. I know how MANY westerns care about the suffering of all innocent humans. However there are also many who thanks to the media either do not care period or want to CAUSE suffering because they think it's "justified" the same way ISIS think what they're doing is justified. Why do these apathetic & aggressive people exist?

I'm going to try and make this very simple for you in the west (especially those in America), your governments calculate through their media who they want you to feel sorry for and they want you should want to punch in the throat. It's not even just "middle easterns are terrorists". It's all this propaganda about muslim countries being filled with uneducated savages, how these nations are dumps, how these nations don't allow women rights, how people in these so called savage nations do this and that. How movies tend to portray muslims, yes even petty movies tend to brainwash people (entertainment in movies or games is a form of propaganda or message to some extent). Whilst there are negative things about muslim nations (obviously), the same is a fact on all nations and their governments. I am not a muslim, I am an ex muslim who hates islam like Hitler hated the Jews. I do not speak of muslim nations as if they're paradises and people who know me on this forum know I'm not patriotic whatsoever (infact like I've said before I'd gladly wipe my ass with all of the flags of the world because I hold no alliance to any certain part of the world rather to me I just care about humanity), but muslim nations are not flat out "shitholes" either and many places here are pretty damn nice. Muslims here are for the most part ok people, I know MANY muslims who are okay with me being godless (excluding my family) and they're very close friends to me. MANY muslims have open minds, many love peace, many are socially liberal (to the point where they're okay with things against their religion), I know bisexual muslims, I know vegan muslims, muslims are people and are just as human as people in America or Europe and just like the west has some stereotypical obnoxious ******* racist the middle east has your stereotypical "non muslims are pigs" obnoxious asshat who most muslims hate. Anyone remember how in Egypt like 80% of the Egyptian people HATED the muslim brotherhood despite most Egyptians being muslim? Ok, so a lot of you probably already know the muslims in muslim nations aren't ever so savage or dumb yeah? So I ask again, why do many people outside of muslim nations seem to have such a negative stance on muslims who are open minded socially liberal ok folk? Simple, again, the governments in the west calculates what the media shows to the average westerner.

Why all this calculating? Why all this vilification of foreign cultures with both pros & cons like any culture? Business, literally bloody business made by powerful people. You all probably see how obvious this is.

No need to be dishonest, we know whats up and have for years.

So like I've said before, the reason the PRAY FOR PARIS stuff is all over your face in the media and the rest of the muslims suffering isn't is solely calculated from your governments and is like I said stuff you probably already know. What fine leaders we have ruling the world eh?
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· The face that runs the List
14,000 Posts
Re: Paris Attack, Apathy for WORLD suffering, and Political Propaganda...

Dude, as a French guy, I totally agree with what you're saying and I almost feel ashamed of the media and political spotlight we're under right now while innocents in Syria are being bombed in my president's retaliation

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,691 Posts

I agree, and that's why I don't support the FB profile pic change TREND. That's all it is. It's a trend designed to make you feel like a douchebag if you don't join in on it. Meanwhile, some of these same people pretending to mourn over Paris don't give a shit about what's happening in their own backyard. I go on FB pages and see people with Paris flags justifying blatant police brutality against Blacks :drake1. I don't see ANY of them talking about the attacks in Beirut. Why aren't we switching to Lebanese flags? Because the European master race wasn't harmed this time? Is it not an issue because innocent Arabic people were killed? That seems to get swept under the rug quite often. I'm sick of the bullshit double standards. Either mourn world suffering or fuck off with the self righteousness.

· Ted the Moth
13,387 Posts

Why aren't we switching to Lebanese flags? Because the European master race wasn't harmed this time?
Yes, that's all it is.

What Paris should have been was a 'wake-up' of sorts to people. As in, what went down this weekend? That's what's happening constantly in parts of Syria, Iraq etc, wow, no wonder they're desperately trying to escape to safety. Instead, it unfortunately seems to have had the opposite effect.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,691 Posts

Yes, that's all it is.

What Paris should have been was a 'wake-up' of sorts to people. As in, what went down this weekend? That's what's happening constantly in parts of Syria, Iraq etc, wow, no wonder they're desperately trying to escape to safety. Instead, it unfortunately seems to have had the opposite effect.
It really irks me because THIS SHIT HAPPENS EVERY DAY to them, but they're ALL vilified as TERRORISTS because of where they have the misfortune of living. It's fucking awful.

· Registered
3,847 Posts

The winners of wars always write the historic narrative of good vs evil with the winners always being the good guy.

For example look at WWI and the treaty of Versailles which caused WW2.

Just like operation Iraqi freedom, the winners killed 800,000 innocents in Iraq and the bad guys killed 140 in Paris.

· From parts unknown
34,156 Posts

Why aren't we switching to Lebanese flags? Because the European master race wasn't harmed this time?
I tried to point out what eurocentrism is in the other thread, but obviously to most of them who are indoctrinated into it, it doesn't exist any more than white privilege does.

· Banned
7,015 Posts

Man I couldnt of said it any better. What disturbs me the most is the villification of muslims in the western world. Its almost as if they have been de humanized. Nobody blames americans when there goverment are killing hundreads of thousands in the middle east. Nobody blames white people whenever there is some racist lunatic killing people with the wrong skincolour. Yeah that's happend several times in Scandinavia. Anders Breivik killed around the same amount of people killed in Paris but you didn't hear the world blaming Norwegians for it. There's good and bad people amongst us all. I'd rather we place all the bad people on one side instead of all the muslims.

· Registered
11,602 Posts

Anders Breivik killed around the same amount of people killed in Paris but you didn't hear the world blaming Norwegians for it.

... probably because there is no large fundamentalist Norwegian movement that wants to kill all non-Norwegians who don't believe that being Norwegian is the only way to live...

· Banned
1,396 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKD3CnPJNOE Hollywood has been pushing anti Muslim propaganda for decades. It's tragic that we collectively approve of our governments carrying out mass atrocities against an entire civilization because of the alleged crimes of a few (I say alleged because in most cases Western governments and intelligence agencies are the ones plotting "terrorist" acts.) It's only going to get worse now.

· From parts unknown
34,156 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKD3CnPJNOE Hollywood has been pushing anti Muslim propaganda for decades.
It's not just hollywood and governments, its main source is academia.

How many school children in the west study anything about the great cultural advancements of Baghdad, Turkey, China, Japan, India to name a few? The thought centres of the world before eurocentrism took over.

They talk about those countries looooong before the colonial period (which they talk about in terms of how europeans brought industry to the savages) How many school children are exposed to Arab art, literature and music? How many school children are exposed to something as simple as the pictures and videos of the vast metropolises that still exist in the eastern world? How many kids in the west even know what China looks like today? I'm not even gonna talk about remoter places like Lebanon, Jordan, Pakistan etc .. Most don't even know what Dubai looks like which is pretty much one of the most well developed metropolosis in the east.

How many college students study anything except white authors, thinkers and philosophers. Most don't even consider for a moment that non-white philosophers and thinkers even exist. African Americans have actually been trying to push for more african american philosophers and thinkers into western cirriculum but even in universities what they've done is instead of making them a part of the normal curriculum, they've segregated classes specifically into African American studies. The organic assimilation of non-white thought (political, cultural, artistic etc etc) just is not being allowed to happen .. whether it's intentional or not is up for debate because colleges and universities are free.

All this white washing of academia ultimately leads to the false assumptions (many of which are actually strongly held here by some posters) that the world was just entirely built up by white people that whites are the pioneers of everything and that creates a perception that white lives are more valuable to the world because they contribute more to the world. But that only stems from being taught right from a very young age and being only introduced specifically to white literature, art, philosophy, science etc --- while completely ignoring the accomplishments of the world.

I actually very seriously blame academia as much as politicians and media professionals because it is academia that creates politicians and media and that's where the real source of eurocentrism lies.

· The Sundance Kid
47,276 Posts

All this white washing of academia ultimately leads to the false assumptions (many of which are actually strongly held here by some posters) that the world was just entirely built up by white people that whites are the pioneers of everything and that creates a perception that white lives are more valuable to the world because they contribute more to the world.
I don't know what American college you attended, but I've attended a few and my experience is nothing close to this. My world history and political science professors were staunch anti-colonialists and often villainized European colonialism, completely ignoring the empirical benefits to countries which were colonialized by Europeans. All discussion of slavery, an institution practiced by the entire world and ended in most places primarily by whites, was about evil ****** enslaving brown people, with no mention of the fact that the slave trade was ran largely by Jews and African slaves were captured not by whites but by other Africans. Pretty big fucking detail to leave out. So yeah, there's some Eurocentrism there, but it actually makes Europeans look worse than they really were, not better. Nobody leaves academia today thinking Europeans are some master race. It's quite the opposite in fact.

As for learning about other cultures and civilizations, I learned quite a bit actually, and my major has nothing to do with humanities. I don't consider the fact they offer entire courses dedicated to other cultures a bad thing. Everyone has room in their curriculum for electives and I don't see what's wrong with giving these cultures so much individual focus. What you seem to be advocating is that everyone is forced to learn about African American history. Well, it's going to be pretty difficult for you to make a case for egalitarianism which such a specific focus on one minority. Also, pretty much anyone seeking to major in history/philosophy/sociology IS required to take those specialized courses on other cultures and thinkers from those cultures. Why should EVERYONE have to do that, if their major has nothing to do with studying those things? Some people just want to learn some skills and earn a degree so they can get a better job rather than be subjected to the world views of biased professors with their own agendas, who suffer no recourse for their bias and will gladly mark you down for not agreeing with their views.

You really need to stop believing everything you read from the so-called BLM "academics". They have an agenda as well, and they've already demonstrated their lack of dedication to empiricism.

· Banned
1,396 Posts

I don't know what American college you attended, but I've attended a few and my experience is nothing close to this. My world history and political science professors were staunch anti-colonialists and often villainized European colonialism, completely ignoring the empirical benefits to countries which were colonialized by Europeans. All discussion of slavery, an institution practiced by the entire world and ended in most places primarily by whites, was about evil ****** enslaving brown people, with no mention of the fact that the slave trade was ran largely by Jews and African slaves were captured not by whites but by other Africans. Pretty big fucking detail to leave out. So yeah, there's some Eurocentrism there, but it actually makes Europeans look worse than they really were, not better. Nobody leaves academia today thinking Europeans are some master race. It's quite the opposite in fact.

As for learning about other cultures and civilizations, I learned quite a bit actually, and my major has nothing to do with humanities. I don't consider the fact they offer entire courses dedicated to other cultures a bad thing. Everyone has room in their curriculum for electives and I don't see what's wrong with giving these cultures so much individual focus. What you seem to be advocating is that everyone is forced to learn about African American history. Well, it's going to be pretty difficult for you to make a case for egalitarianism which such a specific focus on one minority. Also, pretty much anyone seeking to major in history/philosophy IS required to take those specialized courses on other cultures and thinkers from those cultures. Why should EVERYONE have to do that, if their major has nothing to do with studying those things?

You really need to stop believing everything you read from the so-called BLM "academics". They have an agenda as well, and they've already demonstrated their lack of dedication to empiricism.
I agree, particularly about the Jewish role in the slave trade, which is a TABOO topic in our society. It's a double edged sword: demonize the majority culture while also upholding the myth of "American Exceptionalism" and the myth that America's wars have always been righteous and justified.

· The Sundance Kid
47,276 Posts

I agree, particularly about the Jewish role in the slave trade, which is a TABOO topic in our society. It's a double edged sword: demonize the majority culture while also upholding the myth of "American Exceptionalism" and the myth that America's wars have always been righteous and justified.
Meanwhile the majority culture is supposed to just sit and take all of the abuse and distortions of their history and anyone who speaks out in its defense is lazily labeled a racist who is too indoctrinated into their own supposed privilege to see it. Must be nice to just invent a bunch of bullshit which you can then use to attack anyone who disagrees with you, and tons of white people will go along with it because they're afraid of being called a racist. So much PRIVILEGE.

I think if American universities taught a truly objective view of history, with no government influence OR fear of uproar from minority cultures and social justice warriors, the people who talk about academia whitewashing and white supremacy would be even more incensed than they are now. Anarchist empiricsts like me would be thrilled of course, but my only agenda is reason and truth, whereas groups like BLM and modern feminists seem to be completely foreign to both concepts.

· Head em up, Move em out
2,998 Posts

This is HUGE according to the media and people rightly so see how it's a HUGE sad event! ...so what happened in Paris was huge, but non western (specifically middle easern, north African, muslim) suffering is either of little importance or none at all to many people? ...why?
Maybe because this sort of thing is a regular occurrence across the middle east/Asia so it is not big news.I can assure you if a mob of Jewish/Christian/Catholic terrorists went to Palestine/ Islamabad and committed such a appalling act of murder the uproar would be far worse.

When a democratic,advanced,civilised,free western country like France is attacked in its capital like this then obviously it is a huge event.

If Muslims do not value the life of other Muslims and want to continuously kill each other like they are doing in the middle east/Asia/North Africa then more fool them but when a civilised western country like France is attacked the western world rightly pulls together and shows solidarity

As the Muslim hero Osama bin Laden said
"We love death,You love life,that is the difference between us two"

6,160 Posts

@Reaper

What I encountered isn't relevant or reflective of your education but what you described wasn't my university experience at all.

Mind you, I did take multiple elective courses from the Native Studies department as part of my co-program with an arts college. Seeing as I didn't major in any arts other than visual/performance - and my preference in history classes was for art, philosophy, theatre and religion of long ago time periods - I wasn't exposed to much in the way of revisionist Western Civ beyond the Classical period though, I suppose, just having Classical History as part of my background means I studied the ideas of a fair number of dead white men.

My fine arts classes weren't white-centric and my science professors were a mix of men and women from various backgrounds. And if I look back to high school and earlier I recall plenty of material from various non-western, non-white sources - but again, I need to add the qualifier that I spent many of those years in French so it was common for teachers to introduce subjects pertaining to French culture and French countries around the world, such as in Africa. Regardless of why, I certainly didn't finish school thinking the entire world was built by Western Europe.

That said, I do think high schools and universities should require at least a few credits in modern world politics, comparative religion and international studies so that students have a basic knowledge of the world beyond their own doorstep.

· Banned
7,015 Posts

... probably because there is no large fundamentalist Norwegian movement that wants to kill all non-Norwegians who don't believe that being Norwegian is the only way to live...

Yeah you sure about that? In Sweden 13% of the population voted for a party that has Its roots in nazism and the numbers are similair in countries such as norway and denmark. You talk as if a huge portion of the muslims believe in killing non muslims. Out of the 1.6 bilion muslims only a handful symphatize with isis and similar organizations. Why does the other 1.59 bilion muslims deserve to be blamed for something they hate just as much as you? Because they share the same religion? Nationality? Maybe we should start to blame christians for the kkk and call every Christian a pedophile.

Reactions: TheDevilsPimp

· Premium Member
15,134 Posts
I am Lebanese ( catholic), and I have no problem with the world giving all this attention to Paris.

Lets face it, Lebanon is used to this crap, An explosion in Dahye? or really I amm so shocked. What's next, One in Tripoly?

Look, First of all, us Lebanese don't need any sympathy, second of all, I can totally understand the hatred towards Islam, I mean I don't care if Isis is 0.00003% of Islam, better safe than sorry, and In my
opinion, no country should give a visa or anything to anyone Muslim for the time-being, let then rot in the Middle East Hell they created.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.