Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Re: Update on Paige's Injury; PWInsider - Paige Might Be Done As An In Ring Performer

Again, i agree with that. With her neck being not in the greatest shape, she could have easily had an injury next week, or within the next month... or in 10 years time. You never know.

Again, you simply don't stiff someone in the back of the neck the way Sasha did. It was fucking stupid. That's the point I'm making.
To me their is difference between saying the spot was too excessive and a baying lynch mob that i know is coming from the same faces that always do this no matter what Sasha does.

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Re: Update on Paige's Injury; PWInsider - Paige Looks To Be Done As An In Ring Performer

I like Sasha but that spot was fucking dumb and should not have happened how it did. Hopefully she learns from it. No need for that at a house show. On the injury list Sasha has wasn't the Emma caused by Emma being in the wrong position?
If I remember correctly the timing was off on the move and Sasha still followed through with it like normal which resulted in the injury. The thing is though as a professional how can you not realize that the timing is off and just go through with the move as normal? she could of eased up on it to limit the impact of it or could of switched it up entirely to something different.

Perfect example was when Styles hit the Styles Clash on Ellsworth, Ellsworth wasn't going to take the move correctly and Styles noticed it and protected Ellsworth during the move.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Re: Update on Paige's Injury; PWInsider - Paige Looks To Be Done As An In Ring Performer

I like Sasha but that spot was fucking dumb and should not have happened how it did. Hopefully she learns from it. No need for that at a house show. On the injury list Sasha has wasn't the Emma caused by Emma being in the wrong position?
Emma stuck her arm in between the turnbuckles, Sasha's fault somehow...

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

Id say if she is done then its probably a good call. People are saying "shes only 25"....well exactly, it be worse if she ended up with life debilitating injury at the age of 25.

its not good in the sense that shes going to be out of her career before shes even really started but if the risks are that great then its better she doesnt pursue it further.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts

That sucks for Paige. She's really young and to have your dream taken away that young is terrible. That said it is probably the best thing for her long-term health and well being. Good to see WWE erring on the side of caution in this situation as it is best to preserve a person's quality of life rather than their career.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

Sucks for Paige. But she shouldn't risk getting back into the ring, we don't want her permanently hurting herself. I guess she is going to be a valet from now on.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts

I'm shocked she is only 25, seems much older to me. I was not a fan but always terrible when someone has to retire that young. (If reports are true) As far as Sasha goes, she's sloppy and reckless and someone really needs to hold her accountable one of these times. Or if she wants to be so stiff with people, put a woman in there with her to kick her ass and put her in line. Or better yet release her worthless ass.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

That poor girl. She's been through the ringer over the last year or so, and just when things are finally starting to look up this happens.

The only thing I can say is that I'm just really sad for her :(

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

Reminds me when Goldberg ended Bret's career. Even if Paige was a really bad wrestler and disgusting human I can't help to feel sorry for her.
Big difference is Goldberg was green in the ring when it happened.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,669 Posts

My heart sunk when I read the thread title.

What to say? Nah, better leave the sensitive part unspoken. "It’s dirty to show", quote Kate Bush. Just imagine the feeling of a die-hard Shawn Michaels fan or a Daniel Bryan fan watching their careers from as early as possible (SHIMMER in this case since I’m not from the UK) when they’re forced to retire at a young age. Comparisons like this make people trigger-happy but let’s not have talent talk here because not everything is about tangible skills, especially here in wrestling when the X-factor is very much a thing. When you’re stuck in the online bubble for too long, you risk forgetting that there’s more to wrestling than "somebody has better skills of what, somebody does something right". You’re busy pretending you’re an alpha person with no sensitive feelings. Totally boring and meaningless, isn’t it?

I see that she doesn’t have many staunch supporters over here anymore. Understand it, don’t mind it, but may as well offer another perspective. Still, until the official announcement comes out nothing is set in stone, but for now I’ve prepared myself for the worst of news.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts

shes too young for this to happen. i hope shes ok.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts

I can only hope- and I know it's a long shot- that these reports are WWE working the dirtsheets, in order for Paige to be another surprise for the women's Rumble.

Putting aside that massive long shot, I think Paige's career is going to be one of the biggest "what ifs" in WWE history. What if she didn't get with Alberto? What if she didn't have the leaks? What if she didn't have the drug issues? Then, after WWE were willing to basically overlook all that shit and bring her back in WWE in a prominent role, what if she didn't have neck issues?

Really, she only had about 2 years total on the main roster. From post Mania 30 to around the time of the 2016 draft (June/July), where she was drafted but injured, and wasn't on again until Absolution. To put that in perspective, Trish Stratus was basically just starting as a credible in-ring talent 2 years into what would become a HOF career. We didn't scratch the surface of what Paige could have done in her wrestling career, if this is it.

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,444 Posts

Fuck Sasha Banks. Real shit. Why does she have any defenders? Ugly ass bitch who thinks she's above everyone because HHH gave her a hug in NXT.
This man gets it.

161 - 180 of 384 Posts