Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
They could easily do another Evolution ppv without Ronda.

I think what happened is the draft has once again screwed up the division. All the A-list and B-list ladies should be on one show, and leave the C-listers/jobbers/past their primers on the other show. Stop overpushing the faces, let them lose or get outshined sometimes. Quit treating all your heels like cowards and fodder just to make your Beckys and Charlottes look super strong. You're burying too many of your heels (yes, barring exceptions, that's a big no-no, because it causes problems long-term), and you need them to balance the power of the programs or it starts to look like Super Cena booking in there.

Quit overusing the heel turn card or it starts getting stale. Plus, if you turn them heel and it doesn't benefit them story-wise or aggression-wise, then there was no point. You only really should turn a face into a heel if it is to get another face over when that face isn't over yet, but needs to be story-wise. WWE works poorly this method, because they simply don't know how to correctly do it.

I would agree that Charlotte has presence, and needs to keep that presence. Wrestling her should feel like a big event for the opponent. But were talking about Charlotte here, and I just feel that using Charlotte to that strength all the time has been done to death. She is not in any danger of burial whatsoever, those who get in the ring with her are.

For Smackdown, I personally think they should have Sasha dethrone Bayley for the belt, and quickly. Sasha's heel work has better presence.

When I look at the whole spectrum of this division so far, I see too much monotony in the booking. And when I see too much monotony in the booking, you know it's Vince a mile away. This isn't about their gender, quit berating women. This is about only a couple of ladies feel strong and the rest look extremely lost, or booked to look weak. It's that same old lack of quality in the creative dept of WWE once again, and Vince is a factor in that.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I wouldnt mind if they considered putting in a women’s IC title. Might spice things up a bit.
A midcard title for the women I feel would be better suited for NXT since they have a lot of depth and can draw upon the NXT TV roster as well as the PC as opposed to Raw/SD.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,754 Posts
This is not about the booking "quality", it is just about Paige asking for more screen time for the women.

I can understand asking for more screen time on one side. This would give Paige also more options to get into the program again (women GM, commentary, manager, etc.). But on the other side: the quality and the things going on are okay in the women divisions right now. I don`t see the divisions getting any better, if you add matches with Dana, Tamina, Sarah Logan, etc. It would just water the women divisions for no reason.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
They rode the wave of momentum to cash in on their first all women's PPV; coming off the heels of several women's Main Events on RAW too, but now, it seems they're just moving through the motions and wasting some of their best talent in mediocre angles. When will WWE understand that the way to put the women forward is not by just having them Main Event and/or have their own important angles, but rather, involve them along with the men, a la Rock/Becky/Corbin angle on the first edition of SD on FOX. That's where society is at, get with the program Vince!

·
Southern Pride
2,941 Posts
The division is in the shape it's in because of Charlotte. She has steamrolled over everyone and destroyed it. There was no need for her to beat Asuka. There was no need for her to beat Bayley. She should not be challenging for the TT belts. Her stupid 10 reigns makes no sense. There should only be 1 womens belt.
How has Charlotte steamrolled over everyone? Shes lost to Bayley 3 times this year. She lost to Ember this year (with the help of Bayley I think). Shes lost to Bayley, Asuka and Becky within 2 months since HIAC. The majority of her 10 reigns have been to put over others like Becky, Sasha and Bayley. Why else did Bayley cash in the MITB on Charlotte minutes after Charlotte won it? To re-established Bayley, who has a better win/loss record. Charlottes last reign was to establish Bayleys heel turn.

Before this year, Sasha, Carmella, Becky, Nia Jax, Bayley and Natalya have all beaten Charlotte at least once.

Like, come on.. I repeat this stuff so often on this forum and yet it's the same criticism of Charlotte that is totally incorrect. Look past that shes got 10 reigns. Look deeper than that.

"Steamroll" has been more like Bayley on Smackdown this year or their use of Becky ever since she became "The Man" OR even Rousey last year, which is totally the fault of WWE creative because thats how they book their top babyfaces.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,936 Posts
Paige is just towing a line there I didn't expect anything more from her.

The Women's division to me is still underutilized and the potential is actually there some people just don't want to see it personally.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Women aren't good enough, they already gave them a exclusive ppv and the mania main event, they fucked up.
Evolution was highly acclaimed and any match that main events Wrestlemania at this point is going to be lackluster, just due to how long the fucking show is. Aside from the finish, the match itself was fine.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The womens division died when they brought Ronda in to steam roll literally every single star that had built. It doesnt matter if it was Charlotte, Sasha, Alexa, Bayley or any random under card women, Ronda rolled them all and womens wrestling hasnt been able to rebound since.

What they did with Ronda was no different then what they've done with Brock the past couple years. Any time they try to push someone to build them up and give them a little momentum, they bring in Brock to mow them down.

While I wasnt a fan of Kofi anything he had built up was toast after Brock. They had the chance to build up one of many starts with the MITB match, instead brought Brock in...none of those guys have been relevant since. Finn? Bryan? Rey? AJ? All steam rolled by Brock, all sitting in mid card hell. FFS even Braun Strowman was fed to Brock multiple times.

The one person that slipped over Brock was Rollins and fans got tired of him within 6-8 months...to no surprise the only person that got over on Ronda (Becky) people starting getting tired of her within 6-8 months.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Paige needs to go right back where she belongs- getting high and being used as a cum dumpster by Xavier Woods and that creepy Raw Gm guy who wore a waistcoat. (and no, I don't mean creepy Uncle Corbin)

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
After the TLC main event I really hope this shit stops, women on WWE FUCKING SUCKS.only manginas wants them to keep being pushed this hard.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts