Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corey Graves made some headlines recently by criticizing the way Charlotte has been booked recently and also calling out Charlotte herself. He said it sometimes looks like she's going through the motions and her stardom has taken a step back as of late.
Paige discussed if she has the same feeling about Charlotte when she joined Glthe After The Bell podcast.
"You can just see she oozes the stardom in everything she does. As soon as she walks into a room you know that she is a somebody. She is the one that really stands out on our roster but I agree, I feel like there is something that is missing right now and I can't put my finger on it," revealed Paige.

Charlotte was involved in a Last Woman Standing match at WWE Evolution in 2018 in what was the first women's only PPV in WWE History. However, Evolution wasn't brought back for 2019 and Paige talked about wanting it to return.
"I don't understand why we don't have another all woman's pay per view. We had that one-off deal, WWE Evolution, like, what the hell is that about? Give us one ever year," said Paige. "That is the whole purpose. We had a women's evolution for a reason. You know what? Let's stop talking about the women's evolution, let's just let them do whatever they want and I just feel like a lot of the girls are being held back. I love the Four Horsewomen, do not get me wrong. I love Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Bayley, and Becky Lynch I love them all, but there is a lot of women that should be given an opportunity.
"Like, I'm excited for Liv Morgan to return. It's like, yes, some fresh faces. I love seeing Nattie Neidhart, I love seeing Lacey Evans, I love it. I love it all, but as much as I love those four there are other women in the company."
Paige then implied that the creative given to the women on the main roster could be a reason for the perceived lack of good storylines for the women's division.
"Of course, I am SmackDown through and through but I enjoy watching the NXT's women division more now, honestly. It's not the girl's fault, it's got nothing to do with the girls. They are trying their best on both Raw and SmackDown, but I feel like whatever is going on its not helping them in any way, shape or form. It's not as exciting to me anymore," stated Paige.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/12/paige-expresses-frustration-with-how-wwe-is-booking-the-663520/

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
WWE can't make 2/3 of the entire roster seem relevant, when you get to the women the percentage is lower....

It actually has less to do with the women on the roster than it does booking / creative and Vince. We all know the men's roster and the top few in there are Vince's main concern and they can't help but screw that up. Really, what hope do the women have no matter how good they are...

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
While most users on this article trash about Women PPV which I have to agree since WWE give their female fans big hope but can't see the main reason why WWE do it, it's because Ronda was there and from why I read,the event didn't sell well despite top name like Ronda,veteran Trish and Lita were there.

Back to what I want to say, she say :
I just feel like a lot of the girls are being held back. I love the Four Horsewomen, do not get me wrong. I love Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Bayley, and Becky Lynch I love them all, but there is a lot of women that should be given an opportunity.
. TBH,this is might be true, the only women who can pass through to 4HW dominance was Bliss but now with her keep injured, I doubt WWE will give her good opportunity like in 2016 until mid 2018, I like to add Carmella but fans already reject her because she have weak character as heel Champion and they don't want her have involvement on title picture or top program. I like to think, once WM36 over, they need push the other women to get some acknowledgement,since late 2015 or after Nikki Bella lost her Divas Champion until now, most the title holders are dominated by 4HW with seven different names outside the 4HW circle.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,864 Posts
she can't possibly be thick enough to not know that Rousey's absence is the reason for no Evolution this year, so she is just stirring up controversy on purpose by complaining.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ronda Rousey was great for WWE's women's division whether people wanna admit it or not, i can't think of a bad match she had and she made the women look great. Like the Horsewomen are great as well as people like Lacey Evans and all that but they lack starpower. Although the women are the ones drawing more viewers than any other segment right now.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
The women's division has honestly just gotten boring to me. Lacey is great and the Kabuki Warriors are cool sometimes but most of the others that are pushed are all women I'm not a fan of.

- Bayley sucks, such a boring champion and a boring heel.

- Sasha is great as far as look and good matches but her promos suck. She's also a whiny, entitled brat.

- Charlotte has BEEN stale for a while. I pretty much checked out of most things involving her now because I don't care to see her.

- Becky I do not pay attention to at all. The worst "star" of 2019 as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
to each their own. The women get way too much time and segments IMO.
Really? They get about 20% of an average show in matches. Usually involving 1 or 2 matches that last less than 10 minutes spread across 2 or 3 hours.. Men have way more time then the women.

Unless you are one of those people who think women shouldn't wrestle. In which case don;t bother replying because I don't have time for your type.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
But then when Flair has the title and is in the spotlight people complain they want to see someone else shine, can't have it both ways, maybe they should have get goto NXT for a bit and have some new feuds.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The women's division has honestly just gotten boring to me. Lacey is great and the Kabuki Warriors are cool sometimes but most of the others that are pushed are all women I'm not a fan of.

- Bayley sucks, such a boring champion and a boring heel.

- Sasha is great as far as look and good matches but her promos suck. She's also a whiny, entitled brat.

- Charlotte has BEEN stale for a while. I pretty much checked out of most things involving her now because I don't care to see her.

- Becky I do not pay attention to at all. The worst "star" of 2019 as far as I'm concerned.
Becky the worst star? Seriously? I can’t even pay attention to this post.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The division is in the shape it's in because of Charlotte. She has steamrolled over everyone and destroyed it. There was no need for her to beat Asuka. There was no need for her to beat Bayley. She should not be challenging for the TT belts. Her stupid 10 reigns makes no sense. There should only be 1 womens belt.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
They have too many people in the company (men and women) and not enough time for most of them. Even with 3 brands they don't have enough time to regularly feature most of them. Hell, even if they created 2 other brands they probably would still have trouble featuring more than 50% of their roster.

This is a hoarding problem. But nobody in the WWE will ever admit it.

WWE buying out all the talent is just going to lead to more discontent as more and more talents sit out for months at a time, or never used at all.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I don’t think WWE knows how to push a female to be a top star without giving them championship run after championship run to give the, the impression that they're dominant. Since before Charlotte Flair, there was Paige. And it made me feel like she needed to be put in the back seat to give other women a chance to shine. I didn’t want to feel like that, since she had a unique look overall, but there was a risk of the audience being burned out on her, like is the case with Charlotte Flair now.

As for Charlotte, they need to give her a Mad Queen gimmick now to get the audience interested in her again. That or team her with Zelina Vega, to co-lead an L.I.J. inspired stable with Andrade and the rest of the Hispanic stars in WWE. Maybe even do both.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts