Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
had a legitimate badass look to him. Kevin Owens had the same connection with the fans that CM Punk did.
Legitimate. Badass. Look. And then he compared him with CM Punk.

Dude, you can like Owens. That's fine. He's probably a talented guy (I can't say he has entertained me once, and I've tried watching him several times- promos, matches... still can't find him compelling in any way. But every person has their own tastes and preferences, so I can gladly admit that other people think he's really good. Don't have a problem with that). I can even admit that since he was rather popular in the indies, he was over when he first came to WWE. But come on. I haven't watched Owens cut a promo that is half as good as the average CM Punk promo. And CM Punk isn't even one of my favourites. And a badass look? This has to be trolling. I am not the kind of guy who thinks every wrestler should be a 6'4" bodybuilder, but Owens looks like the kind of guy who's sitting on his couch while eating doritos 24/7. His face and expressions aren't intimidating. I largely prefer other outfits rather than trunks, but in Owens' case, his attire screams "I am ashamed of my entire body". He's not defined. He's not tall. He has teddy bear facial features, even if he tries to look mean sometimes. How the hell does Kevin Owens look like a 'legitimate' badass?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Owens gave the best promo last night by far. I don't know how you people can say he shouldn't main event. The dude is one of the top 3 in the company for fuck sakes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How can you fucking say that? He's able to deliver more intensity and drama in his promos than anyone else. Kevin Owens has the best mic skills on the whole roster and he's an amazing storyteller.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,645 Posts
How can you fucking say that? He's able to deliver more intensity and drama in his promos than anyone else. Kevin Owens has the best mic skills on the whole roster and he's an amazing storyteller.
Because Edge clowned his ass with his own promo that's why, So KO did not cut the best promo on Raw.

KO hasn't cut any good promos worth a damn since his feud with Shane.

Speaking of better promos on the roster right now.

The Miz
Alexa Bliss
Becky Lynch
Edge
Paul Heyman
Samoa Joe

THEY are all better than Owens in versatility and delivery on the Mic even if the Promos are scripted nonsense KO is beneath them, If Seth Rollins who is notorious for average to decent at best Promo work is doing better than you right now when he shouldn't be that tells you KO isn't the best on the stick outside of fanboyism.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Legitimate. Badass. Look. And then he compared him with CM Punk.

Dude, you can like Owens. That's fine. He's probably a talented guy (I can't say he has entertained me once, and I've tried watching him several times- promos, matches... still can't find him compelling in any way. But every person has their own tastes and preferences, so I can gladly admit that other people think he's really good. Don't have a problem with that). I can even admit that since he was rather popular in the indies, he was over when he first came to WWE. But come on. I haven't watched Owens cut a promo that is half as good as the average CM Punk promo. And CM Punk isn't even one of my favourites. And a badass look? This has to be trolling. I am not the kind of guy who thinks every wrestler should be a 6'4" bodybuilder, but Owens looks like the kind of guy who's sitting on his couch while eating doritos 24/7. His face and expressions aren't intimidating. I largely prefer other outfits rather than trunks, but in Owens' case, his attire screams "I am ashamed of my entire body". He's not defined. He's not tall. He has teddy bear facial features, even if he tries to look mean sometimes. How the hell does Kevin Owens look like a 'legitimate' badass?
I second that. It must be the fact that he stuns people is what gives him the badass factor.
Owens gave the best promo last night by far. I don't know how you people can say he shouldn't main event. The dude is one of the top 3 in the company for fuck sakes.
Bret Hart loves him alot and said hes one of the best workers deserving of a good slot. I agree with the other poster above. He isnt the total package. He tries to come across as a badass and thats fine but he isnt that edgy to me. But at the same time I feel like him as a heel works much better for him. Top 3 in the company? Over Mcintyre Lesnar Styles..? Really? Those guys have more charisma more presence and are visually more appealing. I think Owens is a great talent. But I really do think that the Mid card is where he belongs imo. That being said I believe Rollins is carrying this feud lol. I personally think hes been cutting better promos and I was doing my best to not judge Owens superficially. Strictly judging by delivery, Rollins is killing this feud. But ya know to each their own right?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts