Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Braun Strowman using the running powerslam is far worse, at least Austin is alive to potentially give his blessing unlike Davey Boy

I mean at least Test did a pumphandle version of the running power slam. Braun needs SOME unique flair or something.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't have a problem with Owens using the stunner. It would actually be a cool gimmick for him to pull out famous finishing moves in big matches (Stunner, Flogsplash, Running Powerslam, Tombstone, etc. I guess Cena did this for a while with the Stunner & sharpshooter). My problem is that he uses the Stunner in the exact same way that Austin did. Out of nowhere, kick to the stomach, sold the same way, Owens walks away with the victim on the ground. The only thing missing is the beer. That makes him look like a poor imitation of Austin. The fact that Owens has a poor look compared to Austin adds to this feeling.

Look at Randy Orton. His finisher is a Diamond Cutter. He even does it "out of nowhere" like DDP. However, he has made it his own, so you don't think of DDP when Orton hits the RKO - you think of Randy Orton.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts