Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I’m an advocate of KO and think he’s one of their best all around talents. I also agree with most, that moves are meant to be recycled and reused. But, some moves are so iconic that it’s going to seem strange if they’re used by others.

The Stunner, tombstone, people’s elbow, pedigree (how awful did Seth’s look?), and so on. But, especially so with KO, who has the shirts, and basically ripped off Austin’s gimmick on top of it. He definitely looks like a mark. That’s a big problem with this generation, in that a large majority come off as just fans more than stars themselves.

·
Team AEW
2,906 Posts
If Austin used the leg drop as his finisher and sold a shirt that said "leg drop austin" then yeah he would. Same with Triple H if he did the flying elbow off the top rope as his finisher. You can steal moves but when they are so commonly associated with certain wrestlers that have recently retired and are still featured on your program every now and then it looks silly. If Owens stunner was a secondary move like Cena use to do I would have no problem with it but the fact that they are actually making it his main go to move and selling merch off of it screams desperation.
Well, I understand the point, but I don't think it's screaming for desperation. Both these guys have reactions from crowd and are very over (in some cases, for wrong reasons), so if someone like Drew were to use a stunner - I'd agree, because he doesn't get that much of a reaction, but he has his own move. Idk about Owens and his reasons, I'm sure he explained somewhere, but it's not a desperation. He's very over.

Unless, you mean screaming desperation on the WWE's part, where they just NEED to sell that merch, but I don't even know if that would be the case. They don't seem to care that much about merch money.

Seth used it vs Braun so yeah he does bring it out every now and then. It made sense for him to use it when HHH was in his corner because his character was suppose to be a chicken shit HHH suck up but since he turned face hes looked silly doing it. Owens on the other hand never had any business doing the stunner at any point in his career
:lmao he used it on fucking BRAUN of all people? I need to see this.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
They’ve been using the Canadian Destroyer all
Over the place and Cole uses Panama Sunrise, which I know is the same move, so why can’t Owens use the package pile driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes, it sucks seeing perhaps the most iconic move of all time being used by a guy that can't reach top star level. But, I have to say that this one does not bother me as much as seeing scores of superkicks used in a match as spots when HBK put away the best of the best with that move. "Superkick Parties" are a disgrace!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
KO is great. His stunner sucks and he shouldn't use it.

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
I like KO using the Stunner.

The Pop Up Powerbomb never felt like the right finish for him. For a guy like Keith Lee, that's a money finish. But for a smaller guy like Owens? Nah.

The Stunner just looks right on Owens. His attitude, his style, it just works for me.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I’m fine with it. My issue is we got to see Owens rolling on NXT with a more freestyle move set (I assume from his Steen Days?) then back to WWE’s watered down one. I can’t unsee it now. And it’s the same bloody company.

·
Unpaid Idiot
834 Posts
Am I alone in not liking The Miz using the figure-four? So yeah, I understand where the OP is coming from with Owens using the stunner.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Stealing someone's moves isn't a problem if you're not using it as a finisher (so it is seen as a weaker version of the real thing and NOT your finisher), or you're just a midcard guy where nothing you do is that important anyway. But if you are pushing someone as a TOP star, then yes, they should have their own unique finisher.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Seeing Owens in a wrestling ring bothers me. Pig nosed out of shape geek that isn't even 6ft tall. If you are gonna be a lard ass then do it in a way that makes you intimidating like Yokazuna or King Kong Bundy.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
I like it. People are just butthurt cuz it's Austin. I guess Strong should stop using the Olympic slam, and all superkicks and everything else that anyone of note used should be banned immediately.

Newsflash: Mikey Whipwreck invented the Stunner. Austin is quite literally a hodge podge of ECW guys he stole shit from after he left there for the WWF. And not everyone watched ECW so he got away with it. I know it's hard to hear, but it's the truth.

:eek:wens2

21 - 40 of 45 Posts