Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
What would be your camera set up? How many cameras? How many are stationary and how many mobile? How many camera cuts would you go to for certain spots? Best time to countdown for commercials or cut aways like crowd reactions, valets, backstage etc...
More important question if we are playing "i want to be Kevin Dunn" game. Who would you bury first

·
Vaporizing the Opposition
1,075 Posts
:popcorn Wow! This is a first! A thread full of people defending Kevin Dunn. This should be interesting!

·
1,075 Posts
I sure hope none of you guys who are saying Kevin Owens size doesn't matter aren't among those who criticize Reigns because he has a minuscule amount of belly flab due to his heritage, or Bo Dallas for being flabby, or Bray Wyatt for being fat, or Big Show for being fat, or Curtis Axel for being flabby, or the Uso's for being flabby, or Mark Henry for being fat, because if you are, you are a hypocrite!

Don't give me the "Oh but Owens is the total package bullshit because he's not. He's good in the ring, makes a good heel and can work the mic. He doesn't have a great voice, he's fat, his attire sucks and even if he loses weight he's not attractive, he has a rather piggish nose.

Is he able to get the job done? Yep he sure can but so can many of the others I named and many of them have held titles and still you criticize them for being "fat and flabby". I don't go for the double standard. Owens is not above it for ANY reason.

I HATE fat shaming. We don't know the story behind any overweight person and have no right to judge them. Often the gym rats are the worst about looking down their noses at everyone else which is BS! Yet it still happens and unfortunately WWE is a company that is very much about appearance as much as anything. If your appearance doesn't measure up, then your chances go down. Therefore Kevin Owens DOES need to lose the weight to help his chances.

I will readily admit, I don't care for fat wrestlers because it just doesn't fit the image and yes that is probably a shallow opinion but it is a widespread one none the less. If you want to be a wrestler you should do EVERYTHING you can to make it and that includes looking your best. Owens looks like he doesn't even try. If you are fat and work your ass off at an every day job to provide for yourself and your family who has a right to judge you? But we aren't talking about the average joe, we are talking about someone who is putting themselves before the public as a celebrity and they need to do what they can to fit that role in every way. Wrestling is just as much about acting as making a movie is. Actors often have to lose or gain weight to fit a role. This is a wrestling role and being fat isn't a good thing. Saying it makes him look "unique" is a pathetic excuse.

So yes, he does need to lose weight and if he works his ass off, let's hope that's true in the literal sense. Other than that every damn wrestler on the roster works his ass off!

Reactions: Genesis 1.0

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
"He is not attractive" Well shame on me because i cant masturbate to his matches like i do with Roman amrite ?

Also his attire dosnt suck. He has the best shirts in the Company. And thats pretty much a fact

60,001 Posts
There needs to be a Kevin Dunn Appreciation Thread because no one demanded it. I'm sure he does his tv job just fine. If he would constrain himself to that, there wouldn't be any perceived problems, In a perfect world, we would only know his name if we saw it on screen, bot how we are hearing it now.

·
1,075 Posts
"He is not attractive" Well shame on me because i cant masturbate to his matches like i do with Roman amrite ?

Also his attire dosnt suck. He has the best shirts in the Company. And thats pretty much a fact
If you are responding to what I said about his attire sucking you are way off base dude. I am talking about what he wears in the ring to wrestle not his merchandise. This cracks me up! :lmao:lmao:lmao

Also his look has nothing to do with what I think, it's what many of the viewers think. Unfortunately it's a profession that is part acting and it makes a difference, it isn't like boxing or UFC.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Also about that "the wrestler is supposed to look good,fit etc", absolutly fucking wrong. The look should fit someones character...actually it dosnt even matter. The look just means jackshit. All that matter is if people Connect to the wrestler and when they buy they tickets they think " oh man i cant way to see this guy" instead of " oh i cant wait to see the body of this guy". I mean in the AE for example. Stone cold wasnt even close to good looking. Undertaker was out of shape for all the ministry run,Y2J was a midget compared to them,Kane was covered all the time. Mankind was hideous. Rock was basically the only really good looking(and HBK). Did this stop them ? No because they were damn good at being wrestlers.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Only thing he lacks is the skill of an Elite promo guy. He's well above average but not quite Cena/Punk/Ambrose level.

That being said, he's one hell of a performer. He has a GREAT look, exudes the aura of the beast and makes for an interesting foil to any babyface on the roster.

·
ゴゴゴゴゴゴ&#
3,168 Posts
I think Kevin Owens is one of the very best in the company atm. He's a great talker, he's a great in-ring performer, he's deceptively athletic, and he has a unique look as I think he looks like what a bad-ass brawler should look like and not everybody needs to have a John Cena physique. If the WWE are really serious about him, he could be the top heel in the company. Hell, I think he already was when he initially feuded with Cena. He's THAT good.

Also, fuck Kevin Dunn.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Look, I love Owens, but is there some reason why he can't just lose a bit of weight? I mean seriously, we know he's great and that its his look that's holding him back. Why not lean up a bit?
Because then he's just a 6'0 skinny fat guy. At his current weight he's a slovenly scumbag with the mark of the Beast.

I also don't think most of you understand how much his look influences his mannerisms, the way he carries himself, his presence. He loses weight and he loses that.

I also don't think most of you understand how much his build plays into his amazing moveset.

No. Stay fat. Eat Owens Eat. And fuck the haters.

·
1,075 Posts
Are you implying something ?
Quit taking everything so personal dude! Are you trying to find someone to argue with? Not everyone shares your opinion, get used to it. You just joined and already you are getting snide with your remarks. Chill man!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Kevin Owens is very good but his marks have a very different view in what his value is to most promotions. Most promotions see him as the guy to make the money guy look good while some of his most deluded marks seem to think Owens is in the same league as a Brock Lesnar who was a physical freak of nature that can be pushed even without mic skills. This disconnect make it really hard to post in support of Owens when you realize you are agreeing with idiots who think Owens is buried just because he didn't move up the card after the Cena feud.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
KO is definitely proving to be of the best things WWE has to offer atm. His look and attitude almost make you start forgetting it's all fake. He's good at playing his character and makes you believe it's really him, works the mic well, and is steller in the ring. I understand he's newish on the scene so he can't instantly be a bonified champion (especially being that he's a heel), but I think he's a great addition to upper card action as well as staying involved in promo's

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
KO is definitely proving to be of the best things WWE has to offer atm. His look and attitude almost make you start forgetting it's all fake. He's good at playing his character and makes you believe it's really him, works the mic well, and is steller in the ring. I understand he's newish on the scene so he can't instantly be a bonified champion (especially being that he's a heel), but I think he's a great addition to upper card action as well as staying involved in promo's
I think they are avoiding giving him the title because the dominant/three months long reigning heel champion to put over newer talent has been overdone in the WWE in recent years. Rusev last year and Rollins this year (last year too if you count MiTB).

Add in Lesnar's heel run as champion and the crowd is probably overwhelmed with heel champions if Owens is getting a title reign for him to establish himself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've read that KO is one HHH's favourites and I hope it stays that way because I really want this guy to succeed and be a mainstay in the main event picture in the long run.

Do you think KO losing weight and getting a muscular build would be good for his image/character, or do you think he's better off just keeping his physique where it is right now?

IMO I'd rather him just stay the same as it's more unique having a bigger guy pull off the things that he's able to do in the ring.

61 - 80 of 116 Posts