Wrestling Forum banner

Owens is a HHH guy and we musn't forget that

2600 Views 42 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  Five 0
Remember that Kevin Owens is a HHH guy. He is destined to the top, but not only because he is a HHH guy, but because he has the talent to do so on his own. He came out of NXT with a boom and squared off with the top name in the company and came out looking just fine. You can say Cena buried him all you'd like, but he is the current IC Champion. His program with Cena was unexpected and one of those shock moments that we don't seem to get to often from this company. Do you remember his debut? He spoke of being a veteran and correcting Cena about being a "rookie", new to the business. It was exactly what needed to be said to Cena and it was epic.

Owens journey has been 15 years in the making and it has been to possess the WWE title. I don't think he mentioned that by accident to the most important man in the company. I feel like it was foreshadowing what we weren't supposed to see for probably another year, but due to the events with Seth Rollins all that has to change. Reigns and Ambrose just aren't ready. This tournament is happening and no one is giving Owens a chance. He has the best chance to walk out of this tournament with the WWE title even if he is the IC Champion. There are very few folks who can carry the mic as a heel in the WWE and he is probably the best at it. Owens is unmatched on so many levels and you can tell he has mastered his craft. None of the other competitors deserve this opportunity, Owens does.
See less
Remember that Kevin Owens is a HHH guy. He is destined to the top, but not only because he is a HHH guy, but because he has the talent to do so on his own. He came out of NXT with a boom and squared off with the top name in the company and came out looking just fine. You can say Cena buried him all you'd like, but he is the current IC Champion. His program with Cena was unexpected and one of those shock moments that we don't seem to get to often from this company. Do you remember his debut...
See more
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Banned
2,233 Posts
Re: Owens is a HHH guy and we musn't forget that...

Hopefully he can "make it". Cena did bury him but he can come out of it in a couple of years. lol @ him being IC champ as a good thing. The jobber championship. There's one belt that matters in this day and age and it ain't that.

· Ελευθερί&#
4,696 Posts

Owens is a "Triple H guy", but he's not winning the title yet. He's my favourite wrestler, but I think he's the least likely of the four to win the title at SS.

· Registered
1,365 Posts

Him being buried by Cena was one the worst things that could have happened...I have faith but very little.

Mid Card titles don't mean anything these days...It has no bearing on you ever becoming a contender for the real title.

Times have changed.

· Banned
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hopefully he can "make it". Cena did bury him but he can come out of it in a couple of years. lol @ him being IC champ as a good thing. The jobber championship. There's one belt that matters in this day and age and it ain't that.
It's not the title that makes the star, it's the star that makes the title. Did you care when Jack Swagger was the WHC? Did you care when Del Rio was WWE Champion? Owens has brought more prestige to the title than anyone since Daniel Bryan.

· The Shaper of Illusions
3,410 Posts

Sin Cara, Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow were all ''HHH guys'' as well. The label, which is often given without much proof btw, doesn't really mean much if you ask me.

But nevertheless, I do agree with some of the points you've given. I too have a feeling KO will get his chance to shine and win the World Championship eventually. Don't think it will be at Survivor Series though.

· Banned
13,614 Posts

Yes he is but even HHH know Owens winning the wwe title this soon is bad for business.

· Banned
14,422 Posts

The whole Raw ending with Ambrose and Reigns kinda forsee's what well happen imo. Either Reigns is winning againgst Ambrose, and Ambrose has enough and turns heel. Ambrose wins clean againgst Reigns, and Reigns turns heel. Either way I see Reigns v Ambrose at TLC. Or Shamus cashes in, hes been way too quiet. Owens may only be a upper midcard kinda guy.

Reactions: Shenroe

· Banned
2,233 Posts

It's not the title that makes the star, it's the star that makes the title. Did you care when Jack Swagger was the WHC? Did you care when Del Rio was WWE Champion? Owens has brought more prestige to the title than anyone since Daniel Bryan.
He has? Could've fooled me. How many guys are chasing Owens? How many guys are saying that they want that belt? Do the announcers prop up that [insert wrestler here] is fighting his way to an IC title shot? All he gets is a token challenger because that's what WWE has always done. The belt is worthless.

Reactions: Shenroe and gsm1988

· Banned
5,811 Posts

HHH signed him for NXT. He didn't sign him to become the WWE champion.

Look, I know some people on here are all over Owens nutsack and there is no doubting he's a good talent but what on earth makes some of you think he's going to be the WWE champion?

Bray Wyatt has got a far superior gimmick, he's had high profile feuds and he has a stable of ''monsters'' supporting him. He can't even win a feud anymore let alone dream of being WWE champion anytime in the next few years.

If you've read into it then you'll know that Bray Wyatt is very much a HHH guy too.

He can feud for the WWE title down the line and join the queue for those jobbing to Reigns.

It's ridiculous to think he's going to be the WWE champion though.

· Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Sin Cara, Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow were all ''HHH guys'' as well. The label, which is often given without much proof btw, doesn't really mean much if you ask me.

But nevertheless, I do agree with some of the points you've given. I too have a feeling KO will get his chance to shine and win the World Championship eventually. Don't think it will be at Survivor Series though.
What HHH really needs to do is get Damien back on screen so we can see him wrestle and talk on the mic. They need to give this guy a chance to be a main eventer. It's always John fucking Cena or Seth fucking Rollins or whoever we see all the time.

· Registered
1,130 Posts

Sin Cara had a big push when he debuted, he got "buried" because of his own failure, HHH couldn't do anything about it. Never heard of Damien Sandow and Curtis Axel being "Triple H guys", pretty sure he even buried both of them. Neville would be a better exemple, Triple H pushed him as the face of NXT and now he is just another low carder on the main roster.

· Banned
1,586 Posts
Him being buried by Cena was one the worst things that could have happened...I have faith but very little.

Mid Card titles don't mean anything these days...It has no bearing on you ever becoming a contender for the real title.

Times have changed.
A: it's a fake tv show. Nothing that has ever happened is the worst thing ever. Have more pride in yourself

B: he wasn't buried by Cena. In fact he truly was elevated. Went from thirty five year old rookie, which is really embarrassing to upper mic card. If you're an Owens fan send a thank you tweet Cenas way

C: mid card titles are not a guaranteed future title shot. Even in the attitude era, wrestlers like billy gunn, chyna, godfather, road dogg and countless other IC champions never had a shot at the main title

So pretty much 0-3 on your points

· Registered
3,847 Posts

Nobody takes Cena rematches serious because we all know it's just Vince saving face.

People will remeber Rock and Owens beating Cena, not the rematches.

· Registered
3,847 Posts

Reigns and Ambrose are boring as fuck and honestly i'm not saying that to be a hater.

KO vs Lesnar is basically all WWE has going for them right now.

Guarantee Owens will put up a way better fight than Reigns did at WM31.

· Banned
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

He has? Could've fooled me. How many guys are chasing Owens? How many guys are saying that they want that belt? Do the announcers prop up that [insert wrestler here] is fighting his way to an IC title shot? All he gets is a token challenger because that's what WWE has always done. The belt is worthless.
He has been a solid champion. Whose fault is it that these stars aren't going after his title? Not his. I would certainly blame booking, not Owens for claim you make.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.