Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it the internet loves to overthink things and analyse thinks so much? I have pretty much not found a thread that didn't have a post saying "Vince does this....". You guys read more into the behind the scenes than what's actually on screen. This imo ruins wrestling. Thinking "The Rock's only back to big up WM"...so...it's working...It works if you watch it.....and don't go into the thought behind it. I'm hyped to see WM and that alone will make me buy it. I still like wrestling from what I see on TV, not from the behind the scenes polticis, what wrestlers actually think etc. The most important thing is the tv show, and alot of you seem to forget that,

PS. Saying words like 'mark' is so internet gay. Why not say "Yeah, I like that wrestler" like everyone else? Micheal Cole would definently call you guys nerds.

Thoughts? (The less 'You are a troll' posts the better, if I was trolling...you'd know)

Reactions: sarnobat

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Why is it the internet loves to overthink things and analyse thinks so much? I have pretty much not found a thread that didn't have a post saying "Vince does this....". You guys read more into the behind the scenes than what's actually on screen. This imo ruins wrestling. Thinking "The Rock's only back to big up WM"...so...it's working...It works if you watch it.....and don't go into the thought behind it. I'm hyped to see WM and that alone will make me buy it. I still like wrestling from what I see on TV, not from the behind the scenes polticis, what wrestlers actually think etc. The most important thing is the tv show, and alot of you seem to forget that,

PS. Saying words like 'mark' is so internet gay. Why not say "Yeah, I like that wrestler" like everyone else? Micheal Cole would definently call you guys nerds.

Thoughts? (The less 'You are a troll' posts the better, if I was trolling...you'd know)
i agree with you...but everyone does it. im sure you do it sometimes too. its the internet..technology in general that has really put a damper on wrestling. everyone knows everything..or at least thinks they know. it happens...i wish it didnt, and yeah you can say "well dont read the spoilers etc..." but really? come on..even if you dont read them, everything ends up getting spoiled anyway.

i also agree with the whole "mark" thing. when i was a kid, you were a fan of _________. you werent a fan of _____________. i dont know when, wher eor who decided that it would be called a mark, but whatever..

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
What's the point of a forum if members don't get to analyze things? I know a lot of them take things too far and the number of troll threads is really annoying but that's the whole point of this site isn't it? You might find just watching the show good enough for you, but the majority of ppl here like to know what is going on backstage. Got to respect every kind of fan.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I definently overthink it, but I dont usually click on any spoiler threads and I avoid any things that are beyond opinions on wrestlers, possible match ups, who's better etc. The politics suck to me, and have nothing to do with the TV Show. Do you watch the latest Jet Li movie and then go and find out the probelms that were involved while shooting and casting? No, so why do it with wrestling?

When I see "I marked the fuck out"...I can only think "Damn, someone get a tissue".

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the point of a forum if members don't get to analyze things? I know a lot of them take things too far and the number of troll threads is really annoying but that's the whole point of this site isn't it? You might find just watching the show good enough for you, but the majority of ppl here like to know what is going on backstage. Got to respect every kind of fan.
Yeah but it's not wrestling, and it seems that most of them are barley fans. But trust me, this site has NO trolls compaired to others. Like, NONE. Just people being negative, I guess like I am.

·
Registered
104 Posts

When people watch or do something they love that interest naturally turns into analysis - UK football (soccer), American football, basketball, baseball. It's what people do to enhance their love for something.

Wrestling fans are no different. Yes, I do agree that the internet and the discovery of wrestling terms (e.g mark, smark, job, blade etc...) has hurt wrestling severely but we all have a choice as to whether we read the information on the internet. If you prefer not to read the inside information on the net all the power to you. I choose to watch wrestling matches 'blind' so I can be entertained and occassionally read the dirt-sheets afterwards if I am intrigued by something.

I think a lot of wrestling fans are annoyed (myself included) because they have watched wrestling for years and have seen the product that they love slowly go down the drain. There truly is a lot of problems with both WWE and TNA and the big problem is that they seem to rely on short-cuts and quick fixes. It is almost as if both companies are in denial that they have run out of tricks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I hate "marking" it's so fuckin' gay it's unreal. Especially when are like "aww I marked so hard when Daniel Bryan fought William Regal last night!!!" Really? You got up and went mental in your house because Daniel Bryan wrestled William Regal? Get a grip!

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Thank you for this thread!

Some people really like to think they are the shit and think by over analysing things it separates them from the group and makes them 'cool'. No. No it doesn't. It just makes you look like a big fucking fool. Like those claiming they didn't enjoy Rock's return. Saying how they've never liked him and how they won't start liking him now. How they can't enjoy his work. How Cena's better (BIG FAT FUCKING LOL). The buzz that his return alone has caused shows how BIG The Rock is. People in my college who have always ripped on me for still watching wrestling were marking out when they heard he returned and went out of their way to watch it as soon as possible. These same people are also seriously considering ordering WrestleMania which would never EVER have entered their mind even this past Sunday.

The Rock's new shirt says it all. He brings 'it' and some, for whatever reason, just can't appreciate that. I pity them. I really do. I would hate to be in a position where I'm so stuck up my own ass I can't appreciate greatness when it's right in front of my own eyes.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
When people watch or do something they love that interest naturally turns into analysis - UK football (soccer), American football, basketball, baseball. It's what people do to enhance their love for something.

Wrestling fans are no different. Yes, I do agree that the internet and the discovery of wrestling terms (e.g mark, smark, job, blade etc...) has hurt wrestling severely but we all have a choice as to whether we read the information on the internet. If you prefer not to read the inside information on the net all the power to you. I choose to watch wrestling matches 'blind' so I can be entertained and occassionally read the dirt-sheets afterwards if I am intrigued by something.

I think a lot of wrestling fans are annoyed (myself included) because they have watched wrestling for years and have seen the product that they love slowly go down the drain. There truly is a lot of problems with both WWE and TNA and the big problem is that they seem to rely on short-cuts and quick fixes. It is almost as if both companies are in denial that they have run out of tricks.

this is true. there's nothing too original anymore.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
It's almost like the whole "turn your brain off it's a popcorn movie" or Oscar buzz arthouse movie crap, it goes both ways, can over or under-react, I like finding a middle ground. The common thing is all these mediums should at least follow their own internal logic, doesn't have to match reality logic but they shouldn't break their own suspension of disbelief or rules.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Ive never even heard of "marked" until this forum. Quite frankly i still dont know what the fuck it is.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
It means to lose your shit, basically.
Oh haha thanks for the explanation. im not up on this forum wrestling lingo.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Thank you for this thread!

Some people really like to think they are the shit and think by over analysing things it separates them from the group and makes them 'cool'. No. No it doesn't. It just makes you look like a big fucking fool. Like those claiming they didn't enjoy Rock's return. Saying how they've never liked him and how they won't start liking him now. How they can't enjoy his work. How Cena's better (BIG FAT FUCKING LOL). The buzz that his return alone has caused shows how BIG The Rock is. People in my college who have always ripped on me for still watching wrestling were marking out when they heard he returned and went out of their way to watch it as soon as possible. These same people are also seriously considering ordering WrestleMania which would never EVER have entered their mind even this past Sunday.

The Rock's new shirt says it all. He brings 'it' and some, for whatever reason, just can't appreciate that. I pity them. I really do. I would hate to be in a position where I'm so stuck up my own ass I can't appreciate greatness when it's right in front of my own eyes.
Independent thought: who needs it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts