Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair - Easily MOTN for me. The whole story of Charlotte going for Ripley's knee was well done in my opinion and although I hated the winner, it was still a great match in my eyes. (****)

Bobby Lashley vs. Aleister Black - Another random match on the card but good for what it was. I especially liked Lashley's flash knockout selling after the match to make it a bit more realistic. (**1/2)

Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler - Easily the greatest match of all time. Can't prove me wrong. (**3/4)

Randy Orton vs. Edge - It went on a bit too long for my liking but I really liked the story of them just wanting to murder each other like a blood feud should cough*rollinsambrose*cough. (***1/2)

The Street Profits (c) vs. Angel Garza & Austin Theory - Just like with Black/Lashley, it was good for what it was but shouldn't have been on the card to begin with. The only real notable thing is Bianca Bel-Air making her debut(?) (**1/4)

Bayley (c) vs. Banks vs. Lacey vs. Naomi vs. Tamina - This one really kicked off after Tamina was eliminated. While I was hoping a real betrayal would happen in this match, I'm hoping that when the next night on Smackdown airs, we can get this feud properly rolling. (***)

The Fiend vs. John Cena - An acid trip in the best possible sense of the word. While this isn't really a match, this was a brilliant piece of storytelling with Wyatt and Cena and I heavily prefer this to anything they could've done in an actual match. (N/A)

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre - While it is nice to see Drew win the title, I wish they held it off to when they actually had a crowd to make that moment. As for the match itself, I thought it was your standard 2K19 stored up finisher match that Lesnar likes doing all the time. While a little bit more tolerable than Braun/Goldberg, it still doesn't make it a good match. (** - One star added for Drew's title win).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Rhea vs Flair - 3/5
Lashley vs Black - 2/5
Otis vs Ziggler - 2.5/5
Orton vs Edge - 3.5/5
SD Women's Title - 2.5/5
Wyatt vs Cena - 4/5
Lesnar vs McIntyre - 1.5/5

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would have to say Sunday's event part 2 definitely topped Saturday's part 1 but here's my ratings for each match

1. NXT Women's Championship
Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair - 10/10 both women gave everything they had and left it all in the ring but I will say Ripley losing killed her momentum

2. Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley - 8/10 it was real good also I hope this is the end of Lana/Lashley

3. Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler - 10/10 Otis got his fairytale ending with Mandy and looks like we'll be seeing Otis/Mandy vs. Ziggler/Sonya then leading to Mandy/Sonya.

4. Last Man Standing Match - 10/10 it was an absolute war so much intensity, animosity and emotion in this battle they brawled throughout the whole PC Center but the ending was pure emotional for both Edge and Orton. Well done!

5. Raw Tag Team Championship
Street Profits vs. Austin Theory & Angel Garza - 9/10 both teams made the match so entertaining it was high flying and fast paced as well but the Bianca Belair appearing at the end whooping Zelina Vega made me mark out!

6. Smackdown Women's Championship Fatal Five Way Elimination Match - 8/10 surprisingly the match was alright we had a Team B.A.D. moment, Lacey Evans most definitely improved and impressed me but the BIG picture was Sasha/Bayley even though Sasha helped Bayley I still see a showdown between the two which I think they'll do it probably at SummerSlam.

7. Firefly Funhouse Match
John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt - I don't know what to rate this but if it leads to a Cena heel turn cause that's what I'm guessing then good booking

8. WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre - 10/10 It was short but Drew McIntyre finally won the big one and shout out to Lesnar for putting him over in a big way.

I grade Part 2 of Wrestlemania 36 an A+

What is your overall rating??
Are you drunk? Other than Edge & maybe Rhea, The other matches were totally skippable! You expect Cena, the children's movie star to turn heel? Why? He wont be around for another year.

Night 1 was so much better. It had Boneyard, Ladder Match & KO v Rollins.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Charlotte/Rhea. Maybe I just wasnt in the mood, but I found it boring. Way too slow paced for an opener. Probably the worst singles match Charlotte has had in a while, but I don't blame Rhea. Just don't think the chemistry was there 4/10

Aleister/Lashley. It was alright. Didn't feel special, but nothing too offensive. 5/10

Otis/Dolph. Didnt watch

Last man standing. I wanted to see a little more wrestling. Especially since this was Edge's return match. But I get that the story didn't call for that.The start kinda sufferede from the classic symptom of brawls outside the arena i.e. two guys just walking around and punching/slamming heads into stuff, and not much else. But boy did it pick up when they entered the storage area. Great character work from both. 9/10

Raw tag team championship. Didn't watch.

Smackdown womens. I liked that all women looked strong and were booked to their strenghts. I feel sorry for Dana, but I think one participant less was good for the match. It didn't feel as clustered as it could have. Honestly though we would se Sasha and Bayley implode here. But the seeds are sown. Yesterday I wrote that the rollup win for Becky was to extend the feud and have more taped material for the upcoming shows. I feel they have the same plan with Bayley/Sasha. 7/10

Firefly fun house. Wasn't really a match. But it was interesting.

Drew/Lesnar. I'm getting really tired of the short formulaic Lesnar matches. I honestly hoped this one would go longer and be a proper slugfest. Remember when world title matches were epic 20+ minute showdowns? Shame on you Mr. Lesnar. I remember when you used to put on long wrestling clinics with Angle and others in 03. 4/10
Except that Becky didn't win by roll-up. She outsmarted Shayna and used her own hold against her! Its just like Hart v Piper at WM 8. Shayna is just a boring charisma vaccum and Vince finally decided to pass on her.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts