Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title thread says it all, what do you guys think? Personally hes in-ring work has improved considerabley, he sells beter, moves better, and overall hes improved his move set a bit more. not to mention his mic work is more interesting due to the creative freedom he has to say pretty much wat he wants. Do you think he is better for it as a wrestler? will it ever lead to a WHC title reign with TNA?

Thoughts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Title thread says it all, what do you guys think? Personally hes in-ring work has improved considerabley, he sells beter, moves better, and overall hes improved his move set a bit more. not to mention his mic work is more interesting due to the creative freedom he has to say pretty much wat he wants. Do you think he is better for it as a wrestler? will it ever lead to a WHC title reign with TNA?

Thoughts
So why the hell were the IWC so high on him in WWE?

·
Premium Member
43,604 Posts
I don't know if its improvement, but rather him just recapturing the spark he had early on in his WWE run when he came on strong.

By the end, it seemed like he had really cooled off & was headed for "Flash in the pan" status. But he's come into TNA with a renewed energy and has become one of my favorite guys to watch. Great on the mic, stepped it up in the ring, kept himself clean & healthy (two problems he had in the WWE). Anderson is the man. Plain & Simple.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if its improvement, but rather him just recapturing the spark he had early on in his WWE run when he came on strong.

By the end, it seemed like he had really cooled off & was headed for "Flash in the pan" status. But he's come into TNA with a renewed energy and has become one of my favorite guys to watch. Great on the mic, stepped it up in the ring, kept himself clean & healthy (two problems he had in the WWE). Anderson is the man. Plain & Simple.
mmm ur right, his problems were building up and i think the lack of an intense travel schedule that the e has compared to Anderson ahs really helped him maintain his consistency and wrestling. I agree defs one of my favourites to watch now on TNA along with another WWE outcast Pope :D

and brettles i dont understand what you ur saying? are you agreeing with me or disagreeing??

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think he has improved all round... I think he has a "personality" that cant be tamed and the WWE was only holding him back... lets hope he dosent leave to go back to the WWE... MMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
He is far better than I remember him in the ring. And given free reign on the mic is nothing but pure awesomeness.

Only Mr Anderson could have the crowd proudly calling themselves assholes.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha ^^ so tru, the whole asshole thing has definitly made him a crowd favourite, even more so than hardy's supposed "creatures of the nit" shit which quite frankly is lame. Altho i will admit the ME for this week was way to short and he sers shouldve gone to jeff hardy twist of fate/swanton combo with hardy moving out of the way, then bring abyass down to kick ass wouldve made more sense

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Indeed he has, TNA give him more air time, More character and overall more of a chance to express his character and such. I much prefer him now to when he was in the WWE

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oh, and he also squashed all those rumours that he was injury prone. He's been in TNA, what, 6 months? Yet he still hasn't been injured..

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think he's really improved, he's more polished now I feel and hes also used how he was treated in the WWE as fuel to add to his fire, which has helped him get further ahead. I personally see him as a main event guy now, where as in his WWE days I just saw him as a mid-carder.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Like the poster above said, when I used to see him on WWE I just used to see him as an entertaining mid-carder. To be honest, never really got overly excited about him in the WWE. I guess simply put, when his matches were on I would make that my ... time.

However in TNA he is to me one of the main reasons for watching. His promos are excellent, his matches are tight, and his matches with Angle were simply awesome.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Promo-wise he's improved and more entertaining then he was in WWE. Wrestling wise he's been kind of boring besides the three good matches with Angle at AAO the Ladder match & Lockdown.

·
2,775 Posts
Absolutely. He's improved a lot. I used to be a fan of him in the WWE, but was unsure whether he could Main Event or not on a regurlar basis, due to their many Main Eventers. Now in TNA he's truely Main Event material. His promos are amazing, and his ring work seemed to of improved too. His matches with Angle were great (It can be argued that Angle can work well with anybody, of course, but I would never go as far to say Angle carried Anderson in the matches they had), they match up really well.

I think the good thing is, is that he's still improving too. Every week his whole character seems more interesting. I've always been a fan, but I never expected him to be this damn good in TNA. I hope to see him win the TNA World Title sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Seems like he's better working with more freedom on the mic. In ring wise, I don't notice anything different. He's always been just an alright wrestler. He's had a good year so far though.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I did not like Anderson in WWE. I thought he had no talent and everything about him felt forced. Bad matches against Michaels and Taker and just all around lame to me. People called him charismatic, but it felt like a 'Robbie Williams' type of charisma, which is actually a parody of someone who is charismatic and usually enjoyed by people who have no charisma. I wasn't a fan at all.

Anderson's TNA run has made me a fan of his. He is working good matches (except for his first one against Abyss) and is comfortable and solid on the mic. I like the guy and he is a good addition to the roster.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Since 2002 the only 3 wrestlers i really cared about were Anderson, MVP and recently Bryan Danielson. But WWE screwed them all, and Anderson is with TNA now, free to do/say whatever he wants to. No more limitations while he speaks and he can pildriver anyone he wants to. Unlike WWE, TNA allows him to be himself, and I am not surprised to see how good he can be.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts