Wrestling Forum banner

Over thinking it?

658 6
Is it me or are the best moments in the WWE the ones which are improvised and done on the fly? That cluster-f last night with Batista, Steph and Orton was truly entertaining, Daniel Bryan throttling what's his name with his own tie during the Nexus debut, and countless other improvised moments are always the best. I think the WWE really needs to stop over thinking the booking. Look at the JBL and Cole show, that's basically done on the fly but is hilarious, Barrett and Cody really let themselves go and have fun, yet that never translates when they appear on RAW. I think they should have a general idea of what they want to achieve and just go with the flow, atm apart from the odds mistakes here and there it's so robotic.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
27,394 Posts
Many original ideas by Wrestlers are usually good (Fandango was funny, Bryan's YES! was exciting, "What!" used to be cool, Cesaro's swing was the shit [still is], the WWE App is very fun,...) until WWE acknowledges it and shoves it down our throats. That's just how authority (not talking about "the Authority" storyline) works.

I'll use Barrett as an example. "BNB" is awesome and hilarious on JBL & Cole show. Then, WWE decided to overblow it, interrupt segments, give Barrett no ring time, and leave his entire existence based on his BNB segment. Overkill and stupid.

Now Bryan's "Yes!" was cool at first, then WWE started the "Yes! Movement", they encourage it, every fucking wrestler uses the "let me ask you something you might be able to answer: Do you like wrestling? YES! Do you think we should wrestle? YES! Will I win? YES!" and now it's overkill and they dumb down an entire wrestler based on 1 breakthrough thing.

Hence, yes many improvised or individually developed thing is sometimes great. But then WWE will act like that's the only thing special with that wrestler and ruin it by not stop repetition of it.

Reactions: Wealdstone Raider

· Banned
1,554 Posts
They're doing so much harm to the roster by scripting everything. You constantly see robotic segments and people stumbling to remember their lines. It's unnatural, bad and hurts the wrestlers.

Wrestlers need freedom to show their creativity and how good they could be.

· Registered
1,980 Posts
They're doing so much harm to the roster by scripting everything. You constantly see robotic segments and people stumbling to remember their lines. It's unnatural, bad and hurts the wrestlers.

Wrestlers need freedom to show their creativity and how good they could be.
It doesn't help that some wrestlers just can't talk very well without a script either. There are guys like Sandow and Cena who don't need to speak word for word from a script and then there are others who can't think of anything good to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.