Wrestling Forum banner

Which match should have definitely made a WM?

• Austin vs. Mcmahon

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • HHH vs. Rock

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Undertaker vs. Mankind

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • HHH vs. HBK

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Guerrero vs. Benoit

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Hogan vs. Flair

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Perfect vs. Flair

Votes: 1 1.8%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HHH vs. Rock is one that comes to mind as is Shawn Michaels vs. Hogan even though I tend to find it to be an overrated match. What do you think?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Well in a way The Rock/Triple H made it to WrestleMania 16 and Austin/McMahon made it to WrestleMania 15 and whilst The Rock/Triple H wasn't one on one i think they were the final two for a good twenty minutes and i'm glad Austin/McMahon never made it in a proper wrestling match. Outside of that i think every single one of those feuds could and should have seen a match come out of them at WrestleMania because they were all very important and very big feuds for their respective era.

I've always said that Undertaker/Mankind should have happened at WrestleMania 13 and i would have had The Undertaker beat Bret Hart for the WWE title after Stone Cold Steve Austin interfered rather than Sid Vicious. Michaels/Triple H should have happened at WrestleMania 19 instead of Michaels/Jericho and Booker T/Triple H regardless of how great Michaels/Jericho was because Michaels/Triple H still had a good way to go and could have carried over into WrestleMania 19 which would have them made much more sense for when Kevin Nash returned just afterwards.

I've always heard that the original plan for WrestleMania 8 was to do Hogan/Flair but because of really poor house show attendances whilst they were main eventing the shows through late 1991 and early 1992 Vince McMahon changed everything for the whole PPV. The original plan as far back as SummerSlam in 1991 was said to be Hogan/Flair, Warrior/Undertaker, Savage/Roberts, Hart/Piper, Road Warriors/Natural Disasters and something big for Sid Vicious but with Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior and Jake Roberts leaving it was all changed but still i would have done Hogan/Flair despite how truly great Savage/Flair was throughout the year.

With Hennig/Flair i'll never understand why WWE didn't go with that match at WrestleMania 9 because Ric Flair wasn't allowed to wrestle once he returned to WCW until after WrestleMania 9 anyway because of the clause in his WWE contract. The only thing i can imagine is WWE management wanted to do something big for Raw which had been on a few weeks at the time they did Hennig/Flair in their Loser Leaves WWE match but Hennig/Flair should have been part of a triple main event for WrestleMania 9 along with The Mega Maniacs/Money Inc and Hart/Yokozuna.

Where they would have done Benoit/Guerrero i don't know really because WrestleMania 20 was where they were both effectively cemented and it was said that Eddie Guerrero wanted to turn heel so he could feud with Rey Mysterio which would have ruled out Benoit/Guerrero anyway. I imagine had Eddie Guerrero not passed away in late 2005 then he and Chris Benoit may have worked WrestleMania 23 together as Eddie Guerrero was apparently going to replace Batista in working the SmackDown main event at WrestleMania 22 against Randy Orton. There are a lot of feuds though that should have had a WrestleMania match come of it like Austin/Triple H, Cena/Angle, Triple H/Angle, Undertaker/Lesnar and Rock/Jericho just to name a few.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Easily, Hogan/Flair.

Despite what the reasons were why it never transpired, it would have been great to see at that time (1992), snd at the venue of WM 8. As it was one of those confrontations that was fitting of the grandeur of Wrestlemania.

Hogan/Austin and Austin/Goldberg are other feuds that would have been worthy as well.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think I'm being a bit biased as a DX fan, but out of those, I'd pick HBK vs HHH. Austin and McMahon feud basically happened at WM 15 and I've never been that fond of Taker or Foley. I just feel HHH and HBK should've had one match at WM to finish it all, and the triple threat just isn't the same.

·
The legend never dies
4,358 Posts
Hogan/Flair was suppose to happen at wrestlemania 8 but creative said that their matches leading up to wrestlemania was not what they expected.

imo Hogan/austin should have happended at wrestlemania x-8 but neither man wanted to lose.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My brain says Hogan Flair, of course it should have happened at WM8.

But my heart says HHH Michaels in a one on one. It was the one match, being a huge DX & HHH mark, that I've always wanted to see at Wrestlemania, but that tosspot Benoit ruined it with his involvement. To be fair, I always disliked Benoit (Yeah yeah, I know how popular he was & is with the IWC wrestling-wise but I always found him so boring) even before the murders, so not getting my HHH HBK showcase at mania has left me slighlty bitter.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Rock vs HHH made it at WM 16.

HBK vs HHH made it at WM 20.

And as much as I want to vote for Austin/Vince or Flair/Hogan, I just have to choose Taker/Mankind. It's beyond unbelievable Vince chose to push Boss Man at WM 15 against Taker rather than doing a HIAC rematch because he believed a match with Taker would cement Boss Man as a permanent main eventer. Just fucking stupid.

Taker/Gonzales made it to WM 9.
Taker/Bundy made it to WM 11.
Taker/Boss Man made it to WM 15.
Taker/A-Train made it to WM 19.
Taker/Henry made it to WM 22.
TAKER/MANKIND NEVER DID?!!

At least Sid (WM 13) was a 4-time world champion and a main eventer in both WWE & WCw. What did Boss Man ever truly do to make him a bigger than Mankind?

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
LOL @ Guerrero vs. Benoit being on the list, that’s a RAW main event match or a filler PPV match at best.

Hogan vs. Flair in their prime is Mania worthy to the core.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts