Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Last year at this time, I was a lost soul looking for a sign. Something to tell me where I should go, who I should be and what I should become. For several months, those questions went unanswered until one man decided to step up and help me. A legend.

His name is Steve Corino and I am proud to call him my best friend in the whole wide world.

Ever since he took me under his wing and showed me the way, I have been looking at life in a whole different light. He has helped me find answers to questions I didn’t even know I should be asking myself.

And now I want to give back. And I have decided to combine my passion for writing with my need to help people in order to do so. In the past months I have tried helping several people. For example, I have tried to talk Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong out of matches when they were at a clear disadvantage, for various reasons. They chose not to listen. It was their right. I have also made several attemps at helping Tyler Black see things more clearly, and while he may not want to admit it, I think those attempts didn’t fall on deaf ears, especially judging by his recent actions and behavior which Steve and I fully support.

Now I want to help you. The reader. The fan. The lost sheep.

After seeing multiple people write about how they are going to have a new column on ROHWrestling.com, I have decided that it was time for me to get my own space on the Ring Of Honor website.

I introduce to all of you ”Out of my mind”.

The concept is quite simple. You have a question? A problem.? A dilemma? You need answers? You need help? Then you need me.

All you have to do is send your question or problem to [email protected] and once a week or so I will chose and answer some of the e-mails I receive on the ROH website. You can ask about anything. Nothing is off limits. You can ask me about what I think of Shawn Daivari as a wrestler or what you should do about the rattlesnake trapped in your fridge. You can ask me what tv shows I enjoy watching or how to get even with your girlfriend for cramming with that Italian guy last week. Anything at all.

One thing you can be sure of is that 95% of the time, I will not give you the answer everyone else would. My closest friends, even my family, all seem legitimately concerned that I am losing my mind, yet I have never in my entire existance felt this clear minded. Life has never made more sense to me than it does now. My outlook on things may differ from most people’s, however it does not mean I’m wrong. By the way, if you wish to have a question answered but do not want your name to be revealed, all you have to do is to say so in the e-mail and I promise to respect your wish, otherwise your name goes up with the question.

You can trust me. I’m a good man.

So there you have it. My way of giving back to people. After what Steve did for me, I feel this is the least I can do.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
The most entertaining act in the entire industry right now.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
What we need if GenMe ever returns to ROH is for them to pair up with Steen and cut a 15-20 minute promo on the fans.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Easily the best idea out of all the new columns that have sprouted up lately from ROH. Only wish he's get a title run.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Someone on the ROH Forum posted this as their e-mail. If Steen answers this, it could be epic:
"Mr. Steen,
After reading your column on rohwrestling.com at http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/out-of-my-mind/ , I felt the need to ask for your help. I’m sure by now you know who I am. I am the one who fears you. The one who screams, “Kevin Steen scares me” yet wears your shirt at every show I can attend that you are on. You are truly a scary man. You’re loud. You’re a little crazy. You are a beast. I am a fan of yours, however.

At the last show in Dayton (Pick your Poison), you proceeded to take the fight with the Briscoes into the crowd. Imagine my shock and awe when you came charging towards me like a wild bull and started reaching towards my feet. I imagined disaster was coming my way. I had 3 friends with me that night (really 2 friends and my cousin) and one of my friends headed for higher ground. He was unable to handle your ferocious charge. My other friends held their ground…waiting to see what you were doing. Then…you demanded my shoe. I of course hastily gave it to you in the fear that I might instead become the weapon if I didn’t give up the shoe. And thus, I gave up my shoe and you proceeded to beat Jay Briscoe with it. It was quite violent and disturbing.

Things took a turn for the worse at that point. You threw my shoe clear across the arena and demanded that I go buy another shirt. I have two of your shirts already, but you told me to do it…so out of fear…I went hobbling across the arena to the merchandise stand. While there, I was informed that the only shirt they had was one with El Generico’s severed head on it. Now as much as I am a fan of Kevin Steen (and I absolutely am), I do like El Generico. He is a very exciting wrestler and his feud with you has been top notch. Knowing how it is to be bullied (what do you call what you do to my friends and me?), I found myself having a dilemma. Buy the shirt or anger Kevin Steen…those were my options. Well, I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t buy the shirt, because I just feel too bad for the Generic Luchador. With that being said, I want you to know…I am still scared of you, but I had to protest this one time. So my questions are twofold: 1. Will you have another shirt soon that I can purchase without El Generico’s severed zombie head? and 2. Can I have my shoe back?

Yours fearfully,
Travis Desmond (PhenomenalTLD)
Louisville, KY"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts