Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday a little stray cat came to visit our front porch, according to the neighbors it had been roaming about the neighborhood for months. We got her food, water and a box filled with a blanket for a bed. She slept the whole night in the box on our front porch and stayed there the next day(today).

So we took her to the vet today, got her de-wormed, checked for cat leukemia, shots, spayed and all that, now she's in our home.

I named her Kafka(after Franz Kafka), she's around 2 years old.

On the porch where we found her:

Now comfy in bed:

I swear, I love this cat so much I could die.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, looks mighty comfy in that second pic. Very nice of you, dude.
It's the sweetest cat I'd ever met, couldn't let that sweet baby be out in the harsh elements anymore.

Make sure you get it spayed or neutered while you're at the vet. Other than that, it looks adorable.
Got her scheduled for spaying later this week, pal!

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Considering how comfy she seems around people, she was likely abandoned. Good for you though for taking her in. Seems like a sweet cat.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
Awesome. It's always cool to see a positive story in this section. There is an insane amount of stray cats around my street, sometimes late at night I hear them screeching in pain because I think they have fight clubs or something. I've bought cat food on a few occasions to leave outside for some of them. Never thought to take one in though.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Cat is very cute

We had cats here come to our balcony evrey day and we would feed them and such,lots of kittens too but some sick fuck poisoned most of them :(
Still lots of strays but cant do much about it

Now there is only one that visits here and he eats alot and sleeps in the house but isnt rly up for staying full time
And even if he was we couldnt rly do much since our cat hates him and considering she is 10years old we feel its too late to make her get acustomed to other cats

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Considering how comfy she seems around people, she was likely abandoned. Good for you though for taking her in. Seems like a sweet cat.
I think you're spot on, when she was outside she'd come running from another part of the yard if I ever called to her and she's definitely good around people.

I don't know if the pictures do it the right justice, but she has the most amazing green eyes.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Awesome. It's always cool to see a positive story in this section. There is an insane amount of stray cats around my street, sometimes late at night I hear them screeching in pain because I think they have fight clubs or something. I've bought cat food on a few occasions to leave outside for some of them. Never thought to take one in though.
If your city has a trap, neuter, release program for feral cats you might reach out to them.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I might have a similar story myself, soon. A stray cat is JUST ADAMANT that it moves in with me. I have given it food/water/litter, but it really wants to come into MY apartment as opposed to any of the dozens of neighbors' doors it could have chosen in the same building.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts