Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strong guy, decent wrestler, good comedy timing, quirky as hell on the mic and a strange magnetic charisma similar to the macho man. I think if handled right this guy could be a huge star. I mean that double standing vertical suplex was something else on raw this week and not fake strength like we see out of strowman most weeks. I really hope they don't waste this guy on comedy skits like r truth.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I love Otis to death and I think he's got everything one could ask for, except forone very important thing: the look. Let's face it, marketing somebody who looks like him is gonna be difficult as heck. I can't imagine that young kids are gonna kill each other over Otis action figures; young women won't think that he's a good looking MF and won't cheer him because of that.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well if course he isn't going to be the next John Cena or roman Reigns but it's all about draw and he could be huge imo. Dusty Rhodes and many others managed without much of a look. Just don't Bury him for 20 years like they have done with truth goldust and several others. Otis has the potential to get massively over with the fans. Compare to ricochet who has a good look stacks of skill but zero mic skills or charisma that I can see.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
I love Otis but he is a comedy character. If he ever makes it to a title match it will be as a comedy character or to take a pin. Still, I think he can be legit in the tag division and get a run or so in the mid card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,248 Posts
He's a money maker midcard/upper midcard act for a long time if neither party doesn't goof it up and he doesn't get the injuries rolling. He'd be that perfect guy who can be a tag champ, IC champ or US champ and you'd buy it because he's strong and DUMMY THICC and credible against any of these tiers of guys if they book him strong. Tucker is underrated, too. Its a nice organic tag team. Big star as in heavyweight champ run of any substantial duration? Eh, maybe 3 years or so down the line if they book him strong enough they can give him Kofi's booking now and have OTISMANIA RUNNIN' WILD.

:homer

I don't think he ever becomes UC though.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,407 Posts
His look is super marketable, what are you guys talking about? He's a walking talking viral meme waiting to happen. Can we stop talking about potential stars as if they all have to look like big chiseled dudes? That was barely even true in 1999 and it sure as hell ain't true now.

His unique look and physical charisma and overall weirdness could take him very far

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Strowmans feats of strength isn't fake his legit competed in strongman competitions. Also the double suplex spot is a pretty standard big man spot not all that impressive.

But yes the man's a future midcard star

·
Team AEW
2,981 Posts
He's fun, but no. Not main event material. I actually have trouble understanding what he's saying most of the time, and honestly I think casual fans too. They react to him when he speaks but kinda frostily. It's like "yaaay Otis let's cheer, wait what is he even saying?"

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C92RWZ4ZJDE

He's super funny as a Chris Farley sort of character, natural comedic charisma. But that's it. And that's enough.

The middle and bottom of the card has to be filled with quality entertaining people too. I think sometimes people get too obsessed with the idea that being at the top of the card means you're the only one with value to the show.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Otis has had better chances as well as better exposure so I guess that's why there's potential for him.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts