Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE, AEW, Impact, and NJPW have their own sections and ROH/MLW/NWA/CMLL/AAA have their own threads, but having looked around, I didn't see anything for other promotions so how about a general thread to discuss wrestling elsewhere that's broadcast on TV/online like WOW, OVW, ROW, etc.?

To kick things off, OVW becomes the latest wrestling promotion to announce a weekly show on YouTube and will air live tonight at 8pm ET/7pm CT.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
People on this site barely care enough to talk about big promotions like MLW and ROH; you probably won't find much discussion about the indies here.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People on this site barely care enough to talk about big promotions like MLW and ROH; you probably won't find much discussion about the indies here.
Well, in that case, two's company right? :D

Couldn't find the OVW airing on YouTube tonight so I guess that was a false advertisement in the OP. Not sure what happened.

·
Registered
11,629 Posts
I miss TCW and Portland Uncut.

Bert Prentice still promoting if you like hillbilly wrestling.

Wwc has improved a lot in the past year. Wrestling is better, audience growing,better production.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what's the indy scene like nowadays?

Dreamer is keeping HOH alive by running a few shows a year with a mix of indy and major promotion talents.

OVW is live now on YouTube every week so that entails some growth for them under Snow and the Gladiator Sports Network, but it doesn't seem like their partnership with Impact is getting put to use much right now. They could easily do some business there and maybe even be Impact's version of NXT and be put on Twitch or Pursuit but nothing thus far. Not a fan of their lighting and attendances have been meager from what I've seen on their TVs.

PWG are still having some 5-star matches in 2019 which is a credit to them after everything that's happened to them the last few years, but it's hard to see them recapture interest and momentum or grow any higher than they are now.

Evolve is basically WWE's new developmental system now as a feeder for NXT. That may well be good for them as it gives them more spotlight like the Anniversary show being aired on the Network but as a standalone promotion I'm not sure how much of a future they have, especially if WWE drop their partnership like with OVW and FCW at some point.

CZW is holding a live PPV event next summer which is progress one would assume.

CWFH have gained some attention this year, with the partnership with NWA helping out in that regard.

Obviously, there are others too like Chikara, Shine, Shimmer, etc., but I tried to name all the main ones for now. Would you guys say these promotions are in a good state and more importantly in a position to grow bigger someday and maybe even go beyond the tag of being an indy?

·
Registered
11,629 Posts
Wwc and IWA PR used to be major promotions but they are basically indies nowadays. Both promotions have had a good year with the actual product. Mesias and 450 MechaWolf returned to WWC. The Colons with Carlito and Gilbert has been fantastic. Contra Unit about to debut in IWA. Iwa are still doing crazy hardcore matches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts