Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Ospreay is a great talent, but Omega was right with his original comments. Ospreay and White needed to take the mantle that Omega left and they haven't really gotten there yet. That isn't a complete knock on them as a lot of things out of their control have played a factor. Kenny's "ice cold" comments were clearly him playing his heel character, but with some splashes of truth. Ospreay also was goating Kenny into a comment when he said he could beat the #1 guy on PWI.

I can see them having real issues behind the scenes, but I would be surprised if they couldn't put that away and have a big time match. Ospreay would be foolish to miss out on Forbidden Door or another cross over show with AEW just because of ego. He could be a huge star in the states with AEW's platform. I do wonder if he has any issues with AEW over them cutting Bea Priestly though.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Where does he bury Omega ?
Insulting him, calling him a cunt etc. He applauded his inring ability but attacked him as a person

I think it's a work and I could see them facing off at WK next year. The Japanese-based talent don't like breaking kayfabe because it's still respected over there, so Will is just playing it up for the microphone. He'll be at Forbidden Door.

Also, heavyweight Ospreay is one of the best wrestlers in the world, just like Kenny. Even in RevPro and his occasionally U.S. indy appearances, he puts on high quality matches. Watch Ospreay vs. Michael Oku from RevPro earlier this year if you think Will can't tell a story. He has a great passion for pro wrestling and has turned down overtures from WWE. New Japan doesn't make main eventers out of guys who can't work and tell in-ring stories... unless their name is EVIL (House of Torture version), but they pulled the plug on that quick enough.

Who’s your other six
The other 6 elite wrestlers would be Bryan Danielson, Kazuchika Okada, Kenny Omega, Zack Sabre Jr., Hiroshi Tanahashi, and AJ Styles :)

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I'm just asking because i have a hard time understanding the meaning of it.
Well apparently it might be kayfabe so I might have to change the title

Reactions: DammitChrist
Disgruntled new Japan and it’s fans need to get over themselves. I read about Kenny omega no showing the event in msg and NJPW was the ones who did not want him there because he was leaving for Aew. He was going to do his obligation and do that show and THEY did not want him there because they were bitter as fuck he was leaving after his contract expired. So if anyone is mad omega was not there blame NJPW. People lying saying omega no showed the event for njpw he was suppose to do, when he did not.

Kenny omega was leaving for either Aew or wwe there was no way around it. New Japan has done a lot of things right and did make omega noticeable enough to be pursued by wwe or Aew who just came into existence. However Kenny omega had every right once he completed his contract to go to wwe or Aew, or even impact for some reason if he wanted. He owed some thanks to the company for getting him noticed but that is it. Wwe, tna and recently aew fans are blasted when they merely get upset a wrestler they like leaves their company and told to be stop whining, they should be happy for the wrestler. However njpw fans can make up lies about people and it is okay.

That being said omega is an ass.

Well apparently it might be kayfabe so I might have to change the title
I’m almost a 100% sure it is a work amongst two guys who love each other’s work. The two of them have been playing little tête-à-tête for over a year. If there was legit bad blood, why not just block each other or just ignore the other’s comments? It has felt like one big work to keep Ospreay in the headlines while NJPW was on a downturn after the Elite’s departure then Covid rocking the promotion.

But it might be all legit. Both guys have that sort of Aspberger’s asshole-y tendencies and lack of self-awareness.

The other 6 elite wrestlers would be Bryan Danielson, Kazuchika Okada, Kenny Omega, Zack Sabre Jr., Hiroshi Tanahashi, and AJ Styles :)
Pretty bang on with my own rankings. I might swap out Styles or Tana for Shingo though personally. I would need to think about it, but Shingo deserves to be in there imo.

There's also a case for Eddie Kingston, surprisingly enough. Maybe not in the Top 7 but I think in the Top 10.

It's a work, Ospreay and Kenny have a competitive banterrific big brother little brother relationship on social media. When Ospreay turned heel he was almost too derivative of 2016 Kenny which I'm glad to say he's evolved out.

There's mutual respect between the pair and they'll be keen to face each other as heavyweights.

Disgruntled new Japan and it’s fans need to get over themselves. I read about Kenny omega no showing the event in msg and NJPW was the ones who did not want him there because he was leaving for Aew. He was going to do his obligation and do that show and THEY did not want him there because they were bitter as fuck he was leaving after his contract expired. So if anyone is mad omega was not there blame NJPW. People lying saying omega no showed the event for njpw he was suppose to do, when he did not.
There was certainly acrimony between Kenny and New Japan over his departure. However he left at the end of January 2019 and the MSG show was in April of that same year.

New Japan weren't going to let a non contracted wrestler keep their top belt for two months and let him main event such an important show.

Kenny was a pro and dropped the belt to Tanahashi on his way out at Wrestle Kingdom 13.

Pretty bang on with my own rankings. I might swap out Styles or Tana for Shingo though personally. I would need to think about it, but Shingo deserves to be in there imo.

There's also a case for Eddie Kingston, surprisingly enough. Maybe not in the Top 7 but I think in the Top 10.
Shingo Takagi is DEFINITELY in my top 10 for best wrestlers in the industry.

His 2021 run alone was excellent!

I’d also add in WALTER and Seth Rollins to round out my top 10 list atm.

My #8 through #10 are fairly interchangeable since there are plenty of other excellent workers around too (y)

Shingo Takagi is DEFINITELY in my top 10 for best wrestlers in the industry.

His 2021 run alone was excellent!

I’d also add in WALTER and Seth Rollins to round out my top 10 list atm.

My #8 through #10 are fairly interchangeable since there are plenty of other excellent workers around too (y)
Yep, WALTER for sure. Good Top 10.

I won't speak on Rollins, because I haven't watched WWE in a few years, but I remember him being great in SHIELD and then ok after that. He also had it in him, so I wouldn't be surprised if upped his ability in recent years.

Outside of black balling women who won't sleep with his girlfriend, I have a feeling we're going to hear something really terrible about this guy in years to come. All speculation on my part, but every fiber of my being tells me he can't be trusted. Just somethin about em...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.