Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent talk of Vince McMahon possibly terminating Randy Orton from his 10 year contract, who do you think can replace him as the number three top star of the company? From someone who's already pretty high up in the card (e.g. Rey Mysterio, Christian, Cody Rhodes, etc) to someone who's a step down and could use a good push (Ryback, Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston, etc).

Personally i wouldn't mind seeing Drew replace Orton as the aggressive, no holds barred character like he was back when he first debuted, but with how things have been going for him lately, no one would take him seriously as the third face of the company. The next best thing I'd guess would be Daniel Bryan from a business stand point, and before anyone says Sheamus, he's basically already on the same level of Punk, if not almost there anyways.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
I'd like to see Kofi in that spot, especially since Orton was the reason Kofi has been in mid card hell for several years now.

IMO, if Orton doesn't return, they should move Kofi over to Smackdown and have him as the number 2 guy behind Sheamus. Because with Cena and Punk running shit on RAW, Kofi won't have much chance there unless one or both Cena and Punk turn heel.

But, switch Kofi to Smackdown, have him feud with ADR and Cody Rhodes, eventually earning a WHC shot.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Theres a few guys who could fill the void left for the next 40 plus days.
But there isnt anyone in that mold, the aggressive, unpredictive kind of brawler / wrestler.
Dean Ambrose, Is a guy who could be like Orton in the long run.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
I'd like to see Kofi in that spot, especially since Orton was the reason Kofi has been in mid card hell for several years now.

IMO, if Orton doesn't return, they should move Kofi over to Smackdown and have him as the number 2 guy behind Sheamus. Because with Cena and Punk running shit on RAW, Kofi won't have much chance there unless one or both Cena and Punk turn heel.

But, switch Kofi to Smackdown, have him feud with ADR and Cody Rhodes, eventually earning a WHC shot.
This would be a huge FU to Orton lol. Id love to see Kofi finally pushed back up the card and not in the spot hes been in since 2010 cos Orton the overrated golden boy had a little cry backstage

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
With the recent talk of Vince McMahon possibly terminating Randy Orton from his 10 year contract, who do you think can replace him as the number three top star of the company? From someone who's already pretty high up in the card (e.g. Rey Mysterio, Christian, Cody Rhodes, etc) to someone who's a step down and could use a good push (Ryback, Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston, etc).

Personally i wouldn't mind seeing Drew replace Orton as the aggressive, no holds barred character like he was back when he first debuted, but with how things have been going for him lately, no one would take him seriously as the third face of the company. The next best thing I'd guess would be Daniel Bryan from a business stand point, and before anyone says Sheamus, he's basically already on the same level of Punk, if not almost there anyways.
A chimpanzee

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
He's not going anywhere, but if I was replacing him I'd choose Rhodes. The best second generation talent on the roster besides Orton. His mic skills are probably better than Orton. He's vastly improved in the ring over the years and will only get better. He's also improved his look over the years. He's very young and will likely last longer than Bryan who has already beat up his body and Ziggler whose back will be fucked in a few years. No one on the roster could believably duplicate Orton's Viper character though so in that aspect it wouldn't be a replacement. If I'm Vince and I'm looking for another guy to last me 10 years or whatever, Rhodes is that guy. This is as a heel of course. Idk how he would do as a face.

Punk is already higher on the card than Orton so it can't be him. I'd much rather see a guy like Ziggler or Bryan move up the card, but as far as a replacement goes Rhodes has the name and the talent. It will likely end up being Sheamus though which is terrible news.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
santino marella.

·
3,272 Posts
Can you terminate someone who has a 10 year contract? Isn't that the point of the contract?

Terminate?
Surely the WWE would have to pay off the remaining salary of the contract, or agree a fee with Orton for mutual termination.

Not that they would want to anyway.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Christian.

- The best ring worker in Smackdown
- Good on Mic
- Looks good with World Title

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Anybody. I'm not even joking, if you push anybody as hard as they've pushed Orton, as consistently as they've pushed Orton, they'll end up in the same spot. That's the only reason he ever ended up as a major player in WWE, they literally forced him into it with years upon years of forcefed booking.

Punk has already replaced Orton, so the question is kind of moot, but Sheamus has just about gotten bigger than him too, as has Bryan. I'm sure if they push Rob Van Goldberg for a while, he'll get there too because it's easy for that kind of routine to get over.

·
3,272 Posts
Anybody. I'm not even joking, if you push anybody as hard as they've pushed Orton, as consistently as they've pushed Orton, they'll end up in the same spot. That's the only reason he ever ended up as a major player in WWE, they literally forced him into it with years upon years of forcefed booking.

Punk has already replaced Orton, so the question is kind of moot, but Sheamus has just about gotten bigger than him too, as has Bryan. I'm sure if they push Rob Van Goldberg for a while, he'll get there too because it's easy for that kind of routine to get over.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
ive personally since 2011 have never really like orton, i think hes stale and boring tbh..some wrestlers just cant cut being a face and orton cant, he should turn heel when he returns, but in then the mean time i would use ryback for his replacement, personally think this is the time to give him a mega push and see how it goes on a trial basis

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
CM Punk has overtaken his spot as the #2 face of the company. Sheamus is getting there. Bryan can easily be changed to a face and be better than Orton with his current character. Kofi Kingston (please no) I guess is over enough to take it. The Miz can be turned face for his spot.

Rey Mysterio can fill the gap between him and the next guy pushed in his position.

There really are no end to the possibilities.

·
3,272 Posts
Rhodes is a good shout, I like the 'push' he is getting at present.
Although its not the standard present WWE push, it is a push.
More mic time, he's on TV every week and I really think hes getting noticed.
Id rather this than the typical winning every week against nobodies.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts