Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember when Orton was feuding with Mysterio after Eddie died, and Orton made some comments about Eddie that people hated....

Here's what he said on twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/RandyOrton/status/197429180726644736

those comments about Eddie were cleared with Vickie out of respect. He would have wanted to be part of what Rey and I were doing.

That's just one moment that Orton cleared up, that people have probably hated him/WWE for doing/saying. I'm sure there's many other moments(not just involving Orton) that've happened which people thought was bad, but was really something that was planned(and possibly even cleared with from other people).

Such as the Kofi incident too. Orton even admitted on twitter that the whole "stupid" comments during the RKO was part of his character. It was Ortons heel character calling Kofis face character stupid. He said that on twitter while he was a heel, so he was clearing stuff up and going out of character to do so.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Re: Orton comments on his Eddie comments on SD

I'm now going to comment on Ortons comments on his Eddie comments on SD:

Well, I think we all knew deep down already that it was cleared with Vickie.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts

So can people now PLEASE shut the fuck up about what an asshole Orton was over that hell comment since he OBVIOUSLY had permission to say it please.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts

I've never had a problem with Orton over that comment, and I can't imagine why anyone would. He did what he was told. It's Vince and the writers who deserve all the scorn. Hell, I'd give Vickie more shame than Orton for allowing that angle to go forward.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

What about the Kofi stuff too then? Since people here are saying they didn't hate Orton for the comments he said about Eddie since he was told to, what are peoples thoughts on Ortons comments on Kofi then?

Cause like I said, Orton said he did that as part of a character, not cause he was taking shots at Kofi(So admitting this while being out of character, while Orton was a heel too makes this stand out even more. Doubt he'd defend one of his previous actions while as a heel unless he really meant it)

·
Registered
22,514 Posts

It's obvious that they cleared it out at first and that Orton didn't believe what he was saying in reality.

Here's him looking up towards the sky and uttering a few words during his entrance in the Eddie Tribute Show (look for it around 1:35):

To me, that looks like a sign of respect.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts

Well considering her husband had died a month or so earlier, probably worrying about her family's financial future, could she really so no to Vince. I think it was unnecessary and stupid.

And the whole "stupid" thing to Kofi.....seriously does anyone actually believe what he's saying.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

And the whole "stupid" thing to Kofi.....seriously does anyone actually believe what he's saying.

Many people on this forum seem to believe it, which is real dumb. Orton cleared up this issue already and people still don't believe him, so I really don't know what else can be said that'd make people believe him.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts

I bet people think Chris Jericho whines backstage to management every time he calls somebody in the ring "STUPID!" which he does all the time. :lmao

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

^Or when someone yells "stay down", the superstar they're yelling it to isn't supposed to be getting up.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

He only said it to build on the storyline. Why his bringing it up from like 6 years ago I'll never know.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts

Bullshit. Anyone with half a brain would know Vickie cleared those Eddie comments. But that Kofi stuff was real and Orton's full of shit for denying it.

Kofi returned to the mid card right after that match and hasn't been the same since. I also remember that time Miz screwed up an RKO set up and Orton slapped him before he hit it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Still bothers me as a fan. Like its been said I hate Vince for doing it not Orton doing his job. That whole angle made me stop watching WWE until late 2010.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts

I've never had a problem with Orton over that comment, and I can't imagine why anyone would. He did what he was told. It's Vince and the writers who deserve all the scorn. Hell, I'd give Vickie more shame than Orton for allowing that angle to go forward.
But i have seen several on this board bash the guy "oh he's an asshole for saying that about Eddie" when clearly he got permission

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

I never had any doubt that it was cleared with Vickie. Also, people seem to think that wrestlers have a lot more choice in what goes on than they actually do...if Vince McMahon wants you to do something, unless you're a select few, you've got to do it.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts