Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering that he is the 2nd big draw in the company he doesnt have much mic time , which is terrible because it doesnt allow for his storylines to have a deeper level to them like Cena and Punk.

I know the obvious answer is because hes crap on the mic, but its strange that he has such little mic time for his position in the company.

Also has anybody noticed that Orton is very subdued recently, he just doesnt seem that bothered any more or that passionate he is very quite and emotionless and sometimes in my opinion seems to be dis interested.

Especially from his early days with HHH,Flair Batista he has changed, but I wouldn't say he has changed for the better, for me he just seems to have lost his spark.

·
Banned
5,374 Posts
He seems better as a silent assassin to me. Not all wrestlers need to rant on the mic. I think hes cooler just kicking ass. We got enough talkers as it is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
worked for goldberg...

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Orton always seems neutered when they book him as a face. Like John Morrison, the guy was born to play a heel. I'd like to see him turn heel again at Wrestlemania. He's much more interesting as a weird psychopath than as a face.

·
Still A Shield Girl... (RIP)
1,972 Posts
he does seem a little dull on the mic, ill admit i havnt really got anything to compare it to as iv only just stated watching about 6 months ago after a 9 year break lol but i bought his dvd the other week and he does seem a lot more interested in his early days, saying that he was on drugs at the time tho apparently

·
Registered
609 Posts
I read or listened to an interview where he basically says he goes at 80% cos he doesn't wanna get injured and will live to old age. Can't remember the source or anything but when I read it and after watched his matches you can tell he plays it very safe and is more concerned with his health (fair enough) than putting on an amazing show. He gets pushed anyways so why make the extra effort?

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
It's hard to show passion when you're going through the motion every week.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Orton never really seemed all that interested to me. Kind of like he had zero motivation. Not surprised though, considering how bent they were on getting him to the top regardless of performance quality.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I read or listened to an interview where he basically says he goes at 80% cos he doesn't wanna get injured and will live to old age. Can't remember the source or anything but when I read it and after watched his matches you can tell he plays it very safe and is more concerned with his health (fair enough) than putting on an amazing show. He gets pushed anyways so why make the extra effort?
I'd prefer Randy preserve his career than do stupid bumps and end up in a wheelchair at 40

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'd prefer Randy preserve his career than do stupid bumps and end up in a wheelchair at 40
Yeh, me too. I wasn't saying its a bad thing to be careful. But I think its a bad thing to only give 80% when you've got others giving 100% but you still get pushed as the main guy. Personally I don't think he has any passion for wrestling, its just a great way for him to make shit loadsa money. He wasn't interested in his childhood, ends up living in his parents basement at 19 and one day asks his dad if he reckoned he could do it. boom daddy gets him a try-out and his natural gifts get him through. Just sad to think how much better he could be if he showed as much passion as guys like Cena

1 - 20 of 28 Posts