Wrestling Forum banner

Orton/Punk

1694 Views 25 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  FearIs4UP
Im so sick of reading from all the marks on carious Mania recaps saying Punk carried the match lastnight.What a load of crap.Like the old saying goes,it takes two to tango.They both did great hut Orton deserves credit too.

As a wrestling purist and old school fan the match was super but Orton more than made the match also.They both told the story of the match with their facial expressions and Randy sold the "leg injury" like Billy Mays on his infomercials.He made Punk's usually lame looking kicks look as lethal as theyve ever looked.

The psychology(as expected) was great and I loved the spot where Orton pretended to sucker Punk into the RKO after he made Punk think his leg was hurt(after he fell down trying the punt)but yet Punk still avoided it only in the end to get suckered' aagin in the end.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Banned
2,236 Posts
punk carried the match

· Banned
179 Posts
I don't particularly like Orton and find him quite boring but even I have to admit he put in one hell of a performance last night. For some reason his talent is overlooked by people on this board, it just seems like people on here don't have the basic grasps of in-ring psychology and wrestling 101 in general. Like I said, I don't like Orton but he has his talents and I think it is only fair they are acknowledged.

· Registered
483 Posts
I'm an Orton fan too, but I think he oversold the leg injury a bit. It makes no sense for him to "pretend" his leg was hurt when he had a golden opportunity to punt Punk into oblivion. The finish at the end was nice, but I just wasn't buying Orton's injury.

· Registered
7,396 Posts
you have to wonder if people even saw the match if they say punk carried orton.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
2nd best match of the night. I knew CM Punk and Orton would deliver, and oh yeah it did, but it would've been better with some more air time though. But great match.

· Registered
1,247 Posts
Of course Punk carried the match. I'm not even a Punk mark, but a blindfolded, stuck-in-the-basement Stevie Wonder could see that. I mean, Orton did OK, he was his normal orange self. But Punk really stepped it up and took the match from average to good, IMO.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Im so sick of reading from all the marks on carious Mania recaps saying Punk carried the match lastnight.What a load of crap.Like the old saying goes,it takes two to tango.They both did great hut Orton deserves credit too.

As a wrestling purist and old school fan the match was super but Orton more than made the match also.They both told the story of the match with their facial expressions and Randy sold the "leg injury" like Billy Mays on his infomercials.He made Punk's usually lame looking kicks look as lethal as theyve ever looked.

The psychology(as expected) was great and I loved the spot where Orton pretended to sucker Punk into the RKO after he made Punk think his leg was hurt(after he fell down trying the punt)but yet Punk still avoided it only in the end to get suckered' aagin in the end.
The whole SuperOrton thing needs to be dropped. I'm tired of seeing him get the shit beat out of him every match and then hit the RKO out of nowhere. That thing was already done to death by DDP for years... In fact the whole Orton as a face thing needs to be dropped. Much like Punk, Orton is only good as a heel. And WTF, did I really see the old Legend Killer pose on the turnbuckle or were my eyes deceiving me? :eek:

But anyway, I think they should have put Punk over in the match after some interference by someone. The way they ended it was too predictable and boring.

· Banned
2,236 Posts
Please tell me Chris32482 how Punk carried Randy in the match? I gotta read this.
Well basically he helped orton throughout the match as he was pulling most of the moves, Orton just gave what we see from him every time now, shake, twist, look hurt, down, and then out of nowhere rko

· Registered
3 Posts
The whole SuperOrton thing needs to be dropped. I'm tired of seeing him get the shit beat out of him every match and then hit the RKO out of nowhere. That thing was already done to death by DDP for years... In fact the whole Orton as a face thing needs to be dropped. Much like Punk, Orton is only good as a heel. And WTF, did I really see the old Legend Killer pose on the turnbuckle or were my eyes deceiving me? :eek:

But anyway, I think they should have put Punk over in the match after some interference by someone. The way they ended it was too predictable and boring.
he's been doing it since he turned face

· Ho!
20,682 Posts
MOTN for me. Great selling by Orton, great work on the leg by Punk, the match flowed smoothly and was an excellent match top to bottom. The psychology, wrestling, action, and selling all made it the best of the night for me.

· Registered
16,534 Posts
Orton needs to go back to the Legend Killer, cocky as hell persona and lose the superman booking. The Viper is a boring character and his matches are so predictable that it is hard to take Orton serious as a main eventer right now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.