Wrestling Forum banner

Orton heel turn or just staying in character?

• Heel Turn

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Staying In Character

Votes: 77 85.6%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you watched this past Raw, you saw Orton RKO Sheamus after the tag team match between them and Jericho/ADR. Now did Orton RKO Sheamus because he is going to turn heel which is needed because there are no top heels left since Bryan is Raw now or did he do it because thats the type of character he is?

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Sheamus kicked him in the face, so it was in character.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well what would you do if you got kicked in the face? Just be a little bitch? No I would hope you would get a little pissed off! "Yeah Sheamus no big deal" That does not sound like Orton at all.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I wish WWE'd make him a Tweener. I remember when he came back after an injury before his faceturn and he was still "officialy" a heel, but already acting as a face. That was so good.

He should be the complete outlaw, not caring about going against heels or faces. Like he'd only follow his own rules.

·
-
7,495 Posts
I think it will be a slow burn heel turn. They're building tension between Sheamus and Orton right now.

Orton badly needs a heel turn anyway. He's so irrelevant and stale right now

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
In character, It was just for an excuse to put him in the fatal four way obviously. No heel turn.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
It's his character, he did it with Big Show and Khali leading up to Elimination Chamber, they aren't exactly going to have him and Sheamus be BFF's when he is challenging for his Title.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Agreed. It felt in character, he needs to be edgier, and then they booked him into the WHC feud, so it planted seeds with Sheamus, it could also hint at a slow turn.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
I'd like to think it's the beginning of something character related for Orton. But I'm not sure it's a heel turn. We'll have to wait and see.

What I will say is Orton seemed quite confident in the backstage segment after the match. The line of "Nothing happens in the ring by accident, fella!" really stuck with me and it's the first time I've seen even a semblance of a bit of personality from THE VIPAH!1

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
He's not turning heel anytime soon. He was insanely over in Greensboro. He's as over as anyone in WWE, frankly. They aren't going to mess with that. Just giving him some edge back again.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I dont expect a heel turn from Orton any time soon. But it might put an end to the endless dronning promos.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Personally, I think this is a good way to try and get Sheamus as a heel. Orton is over with most crowds in all honesty and as you've seen Sheamus is getting boo'd out of buildings or like on Raw just getting no reaction. There is no point trying to resurrect him as a face as fans now just don't really care for him, not his fault, you can blame WWE booking for that.

Him and Orton will probably end up feuding and it will be Sheamus who is the heel, whilst Randy Orton will stay as the face.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you watched this past Raw, you saw Orton RKO Sheamus after the tag team match between them and Jericho/ADR. Now did Orton RKO Sheamus because he is going to turn heel which is needed because there are no top heels left since Bryan is Raw now or did he do it because thats the type of character he is?
omg he did what. hes finally showing some character again.

·
Registered
784 Posts
He posed for the fans directly after he did it. That doesn't say Heel turn to me.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Staying In Character. That's why I like Randy Orton. It was really just so they can put him in the fatal four way match.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
shameus would desperately fail as a face against the great orton. orton would outpop him in any arena except ireland.

Reactions: Negative Force

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I don't think it's a heel turn as much as I would love it. But he's definitely getting to show more personality after doing nothing for a long while.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If anyone actually bothered to watch after the RKO, Orton made a smirky facial expressions as if to say "hey, he had it coming", which clearly showed he was staying face, but was just staying in character by RKOing whoever pisses him off.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts