Wrestling Forum banner

Orton comments on Rock/Cena feud

5368 Views 54 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  scrilla
impactwrestling.com

Randy Orton noted on Twitter that he was icing his right foot after Monday's RAW and the punt kick to David Otunga. Orton also offered his thoughts on The Rock and John Cena:

"I think the Rock is awesome. But get em in the ring together on live tv? John would OWN him."
Do you think these are Orton's legitimate thoughts or is he just defending Cena since Cena is a guy Orton will see in the back every day while Rock will just be there on certain occasions? Kind of like standing up for a teammate kind of thing?
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
587 Posts
Neither.

Hes simply saying what the scriptwriters are telling him to say.

In fact, this thing is blurring the lines of reality so far now, with twitter and facebook being used so much, I do wonder if the original comments by Cena back in 2008 were a work to set it all up.

· Registered
1,948 Posts
I bet it wasn't even Orton who wrote that.

It was probably some backstage Creative/Storyline employee that wrote that under Orton's name.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
Either kayfabe or he's suffered a major head injury, there's no way Cena would come out on top in a verbal sparring match with Rock. Maybe I'm exaggerating but I suspect Rock could win by staying silent and letting Cena pwn himself based on recent form.

· Registered
6,883 Posts
I had the impression he was talking from a wrestling standpoint. Which is true; Cena will superman that ho.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
impactwrestling.com

Do you think these are Orton's legitimate thoughts or is he just defending Cena since Cena is a guy Orton will see in the back every day while Rock will just be there on certain occasions? Kind of like standing up for a teammate kind of thing?
Orton is just saying that to defend his fellow "SuperWrestler" :rolleyes:

For god's sake, someone call Lex Luthor and buy some kryptonite from him. :lmao

· Banned
4,461 Posts
The WWE office is pro Cena...Orton and Cena are good friends off of television, just like Cena and Cole are. The thing with Orton is if you go watch his 2004 run in Evolution, he was copying the Rock before Cena was. The long IC title run, the faction, and getting turned face by the fans..the whole "youngest World Champion" gimmick they were pushing at the time....the People's Eyebrow he was doing in promos after Summerslam 2004 during his failed face run. Yeah...just another fake Rock wannabe that now wants to be a fake Jake the Snake/Austin wannabe.

· Registered
6,157 Posts
All the current wrestlers are going to back their boy. Simple as.
Agreed. As good as he is for business, you gotta' feel sorry for the guys who've had the air time stolen off them. Sure, the ratings are better (I presume) but if you were Zack Ryder, you'd want even a small a match in place of the 23434656 replays of any Rock appearance.
The thing with Orton is if you go watch his 2004 run in Evolution, he was copying the Rock before Cena was. The long IC title run, the faction, and getting turned face by the fans..the whole "youngest World Champion" gimmick they were pushing at the time....
He was booked to do these things, what's your point?

· Banned
2,236 Posts
Orton has turned lame, he really needs 2 turn heel again, and stop turning into another cena where even if he gets whacked 20 times in a row with a metal pole in the skull by Vladimar Klitscho he will still get up and win with a rko out of nowhere

· Banned
4,461 Posts
Agreed. As good as he is for business, you gotta' feel sorry for the guys who've had the air time stolen off them. Sure, the ratings are better (I presume) but if you were Zack Ryder, you'd want even a small a match in place of the 23434656 replays of any Rock appearance.

He was booked to do these things, what's your point?
He was booked to do it but he was stupid enough to let it see air.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.