Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Orlando is looking to be the home of the physical WWE Hall of Fame. From the Orlando Business Journal:

As Orlando races for landing a possible WWE Hall of Fame, it may be time to break out my old Hulk Hogan wrestling buddy toy — for those not in the know, this is what they looked like — or my autographed photo of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Details on what it may be or anything that resembles a timetable are not available, but that didn’t stop Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and outgoing Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty from backing efforts to land the project in Orlando.

“From WrestleMania XXIV to World Cup, and the NBA All-Star game to the New Year’s Day Capital One Bowl, Orlando continues to support major sports and entertainment,” Dyer stated in his letter.

“Little did we know the 2008 [WrestleMania] event would attract more than 75,000 fans to the Citrus Bowl and almost 50,000 visitors to Orlando. Now, once again, we have the opportunity to forge a partnership between WWE and Orlando for the creation of the WWE Hall of Fame,” he stated.

With Central Florida’s track record of hosting WWE events, Crotty letter states the Hall of Fame should call Central Florida home.

When asked about the project, a WWE spokeswoman said there is nothing to report.

Sam Stark, president and CEO of the Central Florida Sports Commission, said very little is known about the proposal.

“It’s so conceptual right now. All I can say is we are evaluating submitting a request for proposal sometime in two to three weeks,” he said.
And an interesting note from PWInsider's article on the situation:
At one point, the idea of the Hall being a walk-through exhibit at Universal Studios' theme park in Orlando was tossed out.
That'd be rubbing some salt in TNA's wounds if that were to happen.

I'd love to see a physical WWE Hall of Fame, just not sure if Orlando is the place to have it.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Wow, so WWE are actually thinking of having an actual Hall of Fame and not just the idea in vince's head.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. For years Vince has been against an actual HOF building despite even Shane McMahon being all for it. And if it IS built, I can see it being in New York rather than Orlando or anywhere else.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Phew. I thought the title was suggesting that Orlando Jordan wanted to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Doubt it'll ever materialize, however if it did and was at Universal Studios, all they would have to do is turn around and walk through a door, to go and see the guys that are in the HOF.

·
WindUp
163 Posts
they should just build it in there HQ. that way if ever people stop going they can just convert it into office space

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
New York should have it. If it goes to Orlando Dixie would just shoot video there and try to use it to become competitive with WWE. Even though TNA will clearly NEVER become competitive with WWE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts