Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As noted, Daniel Bryan will now face Roman Reigns in the main event of WWE's Fast Lane pay-per-view with the winner facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31 for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Original plans for Fast Lane had Roman Reigns defeating a top heel, possibly Big Show, and Bryan being used to put Bray Wyatt over to keep him strong for The Undertaker.

Regarding booking for Bryan, WWE wanted to put him into a feud with Sheamus for WrestleMania 31 but his opponent was switched to Dolph Ziggler after Bryan reportedly requested the change. It's possible that Bryan vs. Ziggler still happens.

For what it's worth, people handling the actual promotion of WrestleMania 31 were still under the impression that Reigns vs. Lesnar will be the main event as of this week and in the promotional material, Reigns is to be the most heavily promoted, followed by Lesnar and John Cena. It's worth adding that WWE has not included Sting in any of the WrestleMania promotional material and since he's all but confirmed for the event, his involvement will be a major selling point so new material should be released soon.
Source.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Damn, they wanted bryan to put bray over again. It's a two way street,Vince. Bryan needs to beat him sometime.
Strange how the WWE is obsessed with making Wyatt look strong in a match he's going to lose anyway even though they made him lose to everyone other than Ambrose following WM last year. Even funnier that they didn't think they should make Brock look strong going into the Taker match where he'd win.

WWE has so little logic it's borderline hysterical. On topic I feel bad for Bryan having to carry Wyatt's ass to watchable matches repeatedly. Too bad the guy can't have a good match without getting carried, and the only guys who can carry him on the main roster are probably Bryan, Ziggler, Cesaro, Rollins, Harper, and Orton.

Par for the course from WWE though, their time honored tactic is using talented guys they don't like much to carry and elevate less talented guys they actually like.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Big Show, a top level heel... :eek:ut

The way Bray keeps winning, you'd think he'd be in line for a title shot

I think the fact that plans are changing and not for the better is making this WM season a clusterfuck as opposed to magic during WM30 season

·
Banned
696 Posts
Strange how the WWE is obsessed with making Wyatt look strong in a match he's going to lose anyway even though they made him lose to everyone other than Ambrose following WM last year. Even funnier that they didn't think they should make Brock look strong going into the Taker match where he'd win.

WWE has so little logic it's borderline hysterical. On topic I feel bad for Bryan having to carry Wyatt's ass to watchable matches repeatedly. Too bad the guy can't have a good match without getting carried, and the only guys who can carry him on the main roster are probably Bryan, Ziggler, Cesaro, Rollins, Harper, and Orton.

Par for the course from WWE though, their time honored tactic is using talented guys they don't like much to carry and elevate less talented guys they actually like.
John Cena took out the entire Wyatt family last year and literally buried Bray Wyatt at Battleground. Now, they planned on Wyatt beating Bryan again? Shows how much they care for him, and people thought he had a chance against Reigns at Fast Lane.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Love Bray, but thank God this nonsense didn't happen. Bray does not need to beat Bryan at FL to "keep lookin strong". Bray could and prob should sit this ppv out. Its a B if not C ppv and he has no feud ongoing to finish. He should keep going with his promos, they've been the best he's done in a long time. This will lead into his program with Taker.

Reigns/Show another bullet dodged. Reigns is better off not facing him imo. We need to see him do something fresh. Some of Reigns' worst work came against show. Bury that shit forever. That being said, I don't think beating Bryan is the best way to win the fans over. But that's for another thread.

Lastly, I saw a report last week saying that no matter how much fans cheer Bryan or complain about him not getting a shot, they will not push him as a top guy. Well they've already changed plans and this whole ppv and Bryan's WM opponent has changed, so I guess that's BS. It's been shown before that we can change this so keep it up.

Not a Reigns hater or a Bryan mark, but you cant ignore the present. Shoulda built Reigns slow for next year's WM and use Bryan in the short term.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I still think Bryan has a chance of winning. Im going against the grain

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.