Wrestling Forum banner

What scenario may happen with this new NEXUS?

• New Nexus goes on Until Summerslam

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Wade Barrett comes back to The Nexus and gets rid of CM Punk

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • The Corre Joins the Nexus at Wrestlemania

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Darren Young interferes in the Undertaker's match at Wrestlemania for initiation into the NEXUS

Votes: 4 26.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am so sick of seeing this new Nexus and it totally defeats the purpose and the original concept of the what the Nexus USED to be. They were the original NXT season 1 guys. Now you have a washed up Ring of Honor wrestler as the leader. Mason Ryan is a FAKE Batista and he is so slow. Otunga is still decent but does not fit in with CM Punk. Shall I go on? I'm starting to think the Core might be a decoy and may rejoin the Nexus at Wrestlemania. It seemed to fishy when Barrett got thrown out of the group because of one cage match. Barrett was the Nexus. Slater was the Nexus. Gabriel was the Nexus. If they were to add anybody it should've been some of the other NXT season 2 guys like Watson, Riley, or even Lucky Cannon. Vince Mcmahon please end the Madness. The Original Nexus was the spark that brought some major interest back to Raw and the WWE.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You give no options for neither, The Nexus story line has run its course. It was a great idea, but they had some issues with the DB thing, skips injury and the who GM business. It could have had a lot of steam but due to unforeseen circumstances it fell apart and should have ended a whole hell of a long time ago.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
You called Punk washed up?

Prepare to be flamed.

But I agree the Nexus angle was ruined once they were defeated at SummerSlam, after that there was no turning back. They lost all their momentum, the intimidation factor, and all their credibility.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Losing Skip Sheffield was a big blow but he wasn't the best thing going either. Yeah he was a good bodyguard/enforcer but he wasn't great in one on one matches. I hate CM Punk leading the group. The Nexus went from rebels to zombies with that fool as the leader. What's next? More ring of honor guys in the group? Danielson, Samoa Joe, Colt Cabana? Go CM Punk. You are by far the worst leader I have ever seen. The SES was pretty sloppy and now you messed up this group. Wade Barrett is to the Nexus what Triple H was to DX.......................

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Losing Skip Sheffield was a big blow but he wasn't the best thing going either. Yeah he was a good bodyguard/enforcer but he wasn't great in one on one matches. I hate CM Punk leading the group. The Nexus went from rebels to zombies with that fool as the leader. What's next? More ring of honor guys in the group? Danielson, Samoa Joe, Colt Cabana? Go CM Punk. You are by far the worst leader I have ever seen. The SES was pretty sloppy and now you messed up this group. Wade Barrett is to the Nexus what Triple H was to DX.......................
You do realize the Nexus was already horrible before CM Punk took over right?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How can you call them horrible? Remember the night they beat every WWE superstar in one on one matches on RAW except for John Cena? Was Heath Slater bad when he beat Chris Jericho on NXT? Was Wade Barret bad when he took the Nexus to a new level? Was Justin Gabriel bad when he was doing more moves the Rey Misterio ever had? Was David Otunga bad when he main evented with John Cena on the main event on Raw in 2010? Was The Nexus bad when they destroyed The Undertaker at Bragging Rights?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Agreed.

Divided, they fall. The two groups stemming from the original Nexus both look considerably weakened, mere fragments of something that was once quite powerful. Both contingents simply don't look as menacing or as intimidating as they should.

CM Punk has also done absolutely nothing with the new Nexus. All men should reunite under Barrett, who was a much better leader.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
How can you call them horrible? Remember the night they beat every WWE superstar in one on one matches on RAW except for John Cena? Was Heath Slater bad when he beat Chris Jericho on NXT? Was Wade Barret bad when he took the Nexus to a new level? Was Justin Gabriel bad when he was doing more moves the Rey Misterio ever had? Was David Otunga bad when he main evented with John Cena on the main event on Raw in 2010? Was The Nexus bad when they destroyed The Undertaker at Bragging Rights?
Wrestling isn't real.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL. I just put Darren Young's name in the poll as a random thing. His name is hot again ever since NXT redemption. Honestly Darren Young may be the midcarder of the year. He just never seems to go away. NXT, NEXUS, Summerslam, RAW, WWE Superstars, and now back to NXT. Just vision this guy running in the Undertaker's match and costing him the streak. It would cause a riot.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Does anybody seriously care about "The New Nexus?" I know I don't. They are boring and uninteresting. I love CM Punk but he is much better suited to a solo role and I could really care less about the other guys in that group. There was nothing like the original and as soon as it went away, the Nexus should have gone away. If this group HAS to stay around then they should at least be renamed, hell they don't even wear the "N" shirts anymore, they wear CM Punk's shirt. That is very "Nexus" of them.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
You do realize the Nexus was already horrible before CM Punk took over right?
CM Punk beat on a dead horse and the IWC turned it into something it obviously wasn't. The majority of the IWC began to believe that suddenly the Nexus was as good as it used to be the minute Punk took over, as if Punk was going to save the Nexus and bring it beyond Barrett's glory.

And like I said since the beginning, Punk is not a miracle worker, and to put Punk in this position was one of the shittiest decisions they could have possibly made to start the year.

And just when I thought Barrett making Nexus his lackeys was bad enough, they make the Nexus act like Punk is really an actual god. Faith my ass.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I'm not talking about them on NXT or their early days you idiot. I'm talking about after Bragging Rights where there started being horrible and have been since. They were boring in November & December with Barrett just like they were boring in January & February with Punk.

CM Punk beat on a dead horse and the IWC turned it into something it obviously wasn't. The majority of the IWC began to believe that suddenly the Nexus was as good as it used to be the minute Punk took over, as if Punk was going to save the Nexus and bring it beyond Barrett's glory.

And like I said since the beginning, Punk is not a miracle worker, and to put Punk in this position was one of the shittiest decisions they could have possibly made to start the year.

And just when I thought Barrett making Nexus his lackeys was bad enough, they make the Nexus act like Punk is really an actual god. Faith my ass.
I for one never thought that. Like I said the Nexus were done once they lost at SummerSlam and then once Wade Barrett lost all those championship matches and Cena buried them week after week after week.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I am so sick of seeing this new Nexus and it totally defeats the purpose and the original concept of the what the Nexus USED to be. They were the original NXT season 1 guys. Now you have a washed up Ring of Honor wrestler as the leader. Mason Ryan is a FAKE Batista and he is so slow. Otunga is still decent but does not fit in with CM Punk. Shall I go on? I'm starting to think the Core might be a decoy and may rejoin the Nexus at Wrestlemania. It seemed to fishy when Barrett got thrown out of the group because of one cage match. Barrett was the Nexus. Slater was the Nexus. Gabriel was the Nexus. If they were to add anybody it should've been some of the other NXT season 2 guys like Watson, Riley, or even Lucky Cannon. Vince Mcmahon please end the Madness. The Original Nexus was the spark that brought some major interest back to Raw and the WWE.
This is where you - and this thread lost all credibility. Seems like you made this thread just to bash Punk.

Agreed.

Divided, they fall. The two groups stemming from the original Nexus both look considerably weakened, mere fragments of something that was once quite powerful. Both contingents simply don't look as menacing or as intimidating as they should.

CM Punk has also done absolutely nothing with the new Nexus. All men should reunite under Barrett, who was a much better leader.
No surprise that you would agree with this nonsense.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm so sorry WEFORUM Universe that I like the original nexus. I am very sorry that I do not like CM Punk. See that is the problem with some of the fans on this site. If you don't see things there way they call you things like idiot, and dummy but yet we are all wrestling fans. These are the same fans that wanted Wade Barrett to win the title at Survivor Series but probally turned on him once he lost the PPV match against Orton. These are the same people that made fun of WCW back in 1999-2000 but yet they probally watched it. I don't get it. Barrett > CM Punk. For the Nexus to survive and gain some momentum they need some original NXT wrestlers in the group. No different then the NWO back in the 90's or The Horsemen. There must be more originals then just Otunga.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love punk as the New Nexus leader, the guys great in that role but sadly wwe have not given him much in the way of push in that role. The randy and punk rival is more then fun to watch, one of the better matches on the WM card imo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts