Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time poster and I didn't quite know where to put this so be kind. I have a quick question aimed at the Brits that are around my age (29)

Was the original ECW ever shown on SKY or Cable in the UK in the 90's? I never had SKY so I want to know how anyone outside of the US got to watch ECW. Obviously VHS tapes and the Internet but were the shows/PPV's actually shown on TV anywhere?

·
Registered
273 Posts
It must have been available.

I didn't have Sky at the time either & my brother's friend would often tape RAW for us, & maybe '97/'98 he started tagging ECW shows onto the end. With absolutely no foresight, we used to use the same VHS tape again & again rather than a new tape each time - otherwise I would be in possession of a fairly interesting VHS collection.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Yeah I think it was on Bravo first then TNT in the late 90's until they closed down. I used to tape the old ECW Hardcore TV back in the day, I was about 9 though so my memory isn't the best.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Yeah, the original ECW was on Bravo back in the day, never on TNT. Although Nitro & Thunder were both on TNT up until about 2000.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I remember it bein on Bravo but the showing of it seemed to be pretty erratic if I remember correctly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, no surprise that the viewing schedule was as erratic as the actual programming (I mean that endearingly of course)

Anyway, I'm off to berate my parents for not getting SKY!

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Yeah, the original ECW was on Bravo back in the day, never on TNT. Although Nitro & Thunder were both on TNT up until about 2000.
I remember WCW being on Channel Five, don't know what show it was though.

WWF was also on Channel 4 and Sky Sports

Don't know about ECW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts