Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this Wrestlemania is most likely to be the the Undertaker's last one before he retires, I was just wondering what might be some cool ideas for matches for the Phenom. I had gotten a few ideas for a couple of opponents. Of course, it is hard to top the HBK and Undertaker match that has taken place the past two Wrestlemanias. In order to do that, I think you would have to find some mega opponents. Of course, Brock Lesnar's name is being thrown around as well as a heel John Cena. But I think there are a few other names that could possibly be just as big. Here are my picks.

1. Sting- What better way to send off the Undertaker than to have him wrestle one of the biggest icons in pro-wrestling? Sting, of course, can't exactly move around in the ring like he used to but I think it would be a dream match for anyone. It could make sense as well since it is supposed to be a WCW themed Hall of Fame as well.

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin- I know this is a longshot, but the Rattlesnake said that his body is in better condition than it used to be. We all know the history behind these two. However, they have never met at Wrestlemania before.

3. Goldberg- In my opinion, this match should have happened when Goldberg was with the WWE (as horrible as that run was). I know that Goldberg vs the Undertaker could be an accident waiting to happen, but the payoff could be worth the risk, because if you take a look at the history behind both characters, you will find that both were unstoppable forces. And neither one have ever met in the ring.

4. Chris Jericho- I think that this could work if the match was built up the right way. If you want a match that is a sure shot at being the same caliber as the HBK and Undertaker match, I think that you put Chris Jericho in the ring with the Phenom. For one thing, Jericho is still putting on 5 star matches this late in the game. He's a veteran and knows what he's doing. Also, what better way to make a comeback to the WWE than to headline with the Deadman.

Now, just wonder what your thoughts on opponents would be.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I want either Wade Barrett so he can get a nice rub, Chris Jericho because the match would be incredible or Cena because that give Cena the chance to become a mega-heel

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
HBK: Fuck you, you retired me.
*Retires Undertaker*
HBK: *Leaves WWE abrubtly*
Undertaker: *Buried alive by Kane for the 78th and final time*

Sooooo... what now?

·
Registered
245 Posts
GIMMICK MATCH - rematch of Wrestlemania 9

Undertaker vs Giant Gonzales in a Casket Match (oh.... looks like Taker's already won that one!)

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I want Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett or Miz
As much as i like The Miz, no, he'll be doomed in every way imaginable if he faces Taker, he's not there yet.

Taker will most likely face Barrett i think. That Nexus attack at Bragging Rights was possibly a planted seed for a match at WM between Barrett and Taker. It still depends on the result of his Survivor Series match though.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I wanna see Cena, but Taker will not have his retirement match at WM, any other PPV is fine but the streak should never be ended

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i'm not sure if taker will make it to WM. seems like every time he comes back, he injures something.

as far as those options in the OP, only jericho is realistic and honestly, thats the only one i would want to see. i don't get the sting-taker appeal. if it was gonna happen, it should have happened years ago. and i really would have preferred hbk vs sting. or even bret vs sting in wwe. wcw watered down that match and it was such crap...not so much the match itself but the whole story...they could have built that so much better.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Triple H. They've only wrestled each other, what, six or seven times, only twice on ppv, it's the 10-year anniversary of their first match, and the storyline is built in (revenge for HBK). UT/Sheamus would be cool, just for the rub to Sheamus, but I don't want to see Sheamus lose two years in a row, UT/Barrett could do for Barrett what UT's WM match did for Randy Orton, but the match wouldn't be a main event, and I personally have ZERO interest in a UT/Cena match.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Triple H

Reason: Since HHH lost to Undertaker at WM X-7, Hunter has headlined 7 of the last 9 Manias in WWE/World title matches. However, Undertaker has faced all his former allies and have defeated them all (Flair, Orton, Batista, HBK).

It would be epic, the only thing I could wish for is if they throw Cena in there to mix things up and really put the streak in jeopardy (Cena has compiled a 6-1 Mania record, with 6 straight WM main events).

However, it seems as though the seed is already planted for Barrett/Undertaker which could be good in really pushing Wade as the next big upcoming heel of the future.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Cena, Trips, Barrett or Seamus is the pool of opponents it seems. Not bad imo although I'd really prefer 1 over the others.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Triple H.

Make him leader of the Nexus or a part of the Nexus(which explains THe Nexus beating up Taker and a part of the bigger plan, HHH talks about how Taker retired HBK and all that and they move towards a WM match)

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Triple H.

Make him leader of the Nexus or a part of the Nexus(which explains THe Nexus beating up Taker and a part of the bigger plan, HHH talks about how Taker retired HBK and all that and they move towards a WM match)
I guess that's one way of having Trips in Nexus but not involved with the title. He could go after Taker and Barrett could go after the title/Cena. I don't know if they can stretch Nexus until Mania though. Despite Cena's involvement, they have been on my TV for half a year now and have pretty much done the same thing over and over again. I'd like to see something fresh after Survivor Series.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
The most logical opponent is John Cena; even without a title on the line, this match has memorable main event written all over it. Two of the biggest names in WWE history - a legend vs the current face of the company - clashing on the grandest stage of them all. Toss a Cena heel turn in, and the end of the streak, and you've got an iconic dream match.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'd say Wade Barrett or Sheamus. I really think they are trying to hold off on Cena and Taker so Taker can go 20-0. That would mean this year somebody has to job (even though they work with the Undertaker), so they will still look strong.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Cena Jericho or HHH seem like the best options.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I guess that's one way of having Trips in Nexus but not involved with the title. He could go after Taker and Barrett could go after the title/Cena. I don't know if they can stretch Nexus until Mania though. Despite Cena's involvement, they have been on my TV for half a year now and have pretty much done the same thing over and over again. I'd like to see something fresh after Survivor Series.
HHH coming in as a part of the Nexus would be the lifeline for Nexus and put Cena out of Nexus and back into fighting mode against Nexus. I can see Cena vs Barrett with HHH vs Orton(uggh) up until Royal Rumble time. HHH could reveal his plans against Undertaker and at Royal Rumble, HHH could be in there, and Taker's music hits and he eliminates HHH and himself. Orton wins, and Cena loses to Barrett at Royal Rumble heading into the Elimination Chamber. Cena wins the match and Cena vs Orton is set. HHH vs Taker is set.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts