Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you don't know what the Extreme Zone was, it was a term used to describe the Impact Zone which was changed for the PPV. Here's the changes that were made (from what I saw):

- Black ring ropes, no TNA logos on the turnbuckle covers.
- Hardcore Justice apron on a few sides of the ring.
- Only one screen on the stage was used, the 2nd screen at the right was turned off
- Screens next to the ramp were off and covered with bricks
- Barbed wire near the stage
- Wheelchair ramp gone and replaced with the standard ramp
- No pyro or green lasers
- Darkened stage (although that was a bit of an overkill)

Many people would have expected Hardcore Justice, like all the TNA PPVs, to have little or no changes made at all, yet here were a lot of things. No shitty pyro, no stupid lasers or a horrible wheelchair ramp. Without a few obvious things (such as barbed wire, darkened stage and bricks), wouldn't this be a better setup for the Impact Zone?

Also, what was your opinion on last night's set?

·
Registered
432 Posts
it looked great, i really liekd it... apart from the blue lighting was way too dark..

side note: they shoud stop using that lighting style for Xplosion aswell.. it looks shit.

·
Foley Is Good
1,333 Posts
Brighten the lights, bring back the pyro, and I'll agree with you.

It was certainly nice to be rid of the shitty lasers. I say use the lasers for Hardy's entrance only.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Makes you wonder why TNA can't go to some some sort of length to theme their PPV's in the Impact Zone.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If you don't know what the Extreme Zone was, it was a term used to describe the Impact Zone which was changed for the PPV. Here's the changes that were made (from what I saw):

- Black ring ropes, no TNA logos on the turnbuckle covers.
- Hardcore Justice apron on a few sides of the ring.
- Only one screen on the stage was used, the 2nd screen at the right was turned off
- Screens next to the ramp were off and covered with bricks
- Barbed wire near the stage
- Wheelchair ramp gone and replaced with the standard ramp
- No pyro or green lasers
- Darkened stage (although that was a bit of an overkill)

Also, what was your opinion on last night's set?
Bolded = TNA should keep.

The apron really should not read "TNA" as that logo is plastered everywhere

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Makes you wonder why TNA can't go to some some sort of length to theme their PPV's in the Impact Zone.
This. I really liked it and it really added to the effect of the show. I hope they learn from this and start to make the effort more often.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
I honestly barely noticed these things. They didn't really showcase them properly.

Things they missed:

They should have had the classic ECW side entrance. They should have actually made the effort to buy a blue ring canvas instead of shining a blue light on a light-grey one. There shouldn't have been any mats. I could go on for a long time. It just looked like a regular TNA show to me.

No pyro was good. The Gangsters having a titantron was lulzy. I think that wouldn't have happened in ECW, at a guess.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Everything about the set up was fine except for the lighting. Either they are really poor or really stupid.

·
Registered
984 Posts
How can someone argue that they needed to not have ringside mats?? You realize there are laws in place now that as a company you have to abide by right? Lots of laws have come about from athletic commisions over the past 10-15 years that also apply to Pro Wrestling. Original 1995 ECW can not be recreated anymore, at least in a leagal manor.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I also thought the lighting was pretty crappy. We live in the HD era, trying to make a place designed for HD look like crap is almost impossible. The lighting would have been better if they had a little more background lighting instead of going for a look where the wrestlers are under a spot light. Meh.

I did dig the black ropes. If TNA ppvs aren't going to be outside of Orlando, they need to change the lighting and ring accordingly to make up for it. I really wish the "Whole F'N Show" special had red ring posts with white ropes to match the logo and overall color scheme, or atleast a canvas with the logo on it or something. I loved when WCW did that. I think WWE only did that for WM12.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm not sure because I am trying my best to stay away from the Whole Eff'n Show spoilers, but if the ramp returns we need to hit twitter and hound Dixie until it is gone. I was so thrilled to see the Impact Zone without that monstrosity that makes it look even worse.

Someone start a "lose the ugly fucking ramp" petition and I'll gladly sign.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The ramp is fine, for certain PPVs I don't mind it at all, but every week on impact, no.

·
Registered
961 Posts
The best part was TNA's theme and tron designers just saying "To hell with it, let's just give them all a still frame of their name on an orange background".

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I loved the look of the set and it was by far the best TNA looking show I've seen, dimming the lights was an excellent idea as it also takes away the same old same old look

1 - 20 of 30 Posts