Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what I seen transpired on Friday Night Smackdown it looks like we're getting two Elimination Chamber Matches on the blue brand so now there will be 3 Elimination Chamber Matches at Elimination Chamber, 1 Women's EC from Raw then 2 EC's from Friday Night Smackdown with the Men & Women which in my opinion is an overkill cause looks like the match card will be low and with it being in my city of Philadelphia it's a smarky crowd but what are your thoughts on this??

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Are there even enough women on Smackdown to fill another chamber match? Anyway I think there should only be 2. One for the Raw women since Smackdown won the women's rumble, and the other for the Smackdown men since Raw won the men's rumble.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I actually like it, I fell like since theirs the Women’s match at Saudi Arabia will end in some screwy finish it will lead to Naomi vs Carmella vs Sasha Banks vs Mandy Rose vs Sonya Deville vs Nikki Cross

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yuck. I’m not even a fan of one of these taking place let alone three. Can’t they just go do a February PPV that doesn’t sleep on autopilot?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Actually, while I know this won’t happen I think it’d be great if instead of two Womens Elimination Chamber matches they did 1 with three from each brand. Now you could have someone turn around and make a six women’s tag with the winners going in the match .Have Shayna cost her team the match because she’s that dominant and have her win a gauntlet match or something.

·
Registered
22,887 Posts
3 Chamber matches is complete overkill. The Raw one is a complete waste of time since they've already started the Shayna/Becky build.

Are there even enough women on Smackdown to fill another chamber match? Anyway I think there should only be 2. One for the Raw women since Smackdown won the women's rumble, and the other for the Smackdown men since Raw won the men's rumble.
Charlotte won the Women's Rumble, she's a Raw star (who is challenging for an NXT Title. Raw ended up winning both Rumble matches.

SD has more than enough women to fill a Chamber match with Sasha, Alexa, Nikki, Carmella, Naomi, Lacy, Dana, Sonya, and Mandy.

·
Hardcore Casual
641 Posts
I hate the PPVs named after gimmick matches (Royal Rumble and SurvivorSeries excepted of course) like Elimination Chamber, TLC, HIAC, Extreme Rules, Money in the Bank etc.

Somehow WWE has managed to make exciting gimmick matches, which were generally reserved for main event and grudge feuds, into a meaningless, uncreative plot devices and bland brands. Part of that does indeed have to do with frequency. Think of how obvious it would have been to WWE creative even 15 years ago that having 2 or 3 HiaC or EC matches on one night would quickly ruin their novelty and kayfabe importance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts