Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE usually doesnt do heel interrupting heels if they are planning on turning one of them face. I think Bryan's Face turn is coming post Extreme rules. This is a good move from WWE imo.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I hope not. They'll turn him into a comedy character like Ryder or Santino with the Yes thing. If anything they should just make him a tweener.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
A face turn is one of the worst things the WWE could do to Daniel Bryan. We all saw how he was as a face before. He got zero reaction.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
They had Chir Jericho interrupting Edge or was it the other way around on Smackdown back in 2009. They bickered, then eventually joined forces and became a tag team and Edge only really turned Face because of his injury.

Or how about last year on the Raw after Capital Punishment when we had R-Truth getting interrupted by Christian, who made fun of him, who was then interrupted by The Miz, who ripped into both of them and then R-Truth and Christian ripped into Miz. All 3 of whom were Heels and each of them took their turns insulting each other.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A face turn is one of the worst things the WWE could do to Daniel Bryan. We all saw how he was as a face before. He got zero reaction.
Although this heel run has made D Bryan more relevant, so this time round a face turn could be good for him. Maybe, anyway.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
He won't turn face because WWE doesn't listen to the audience, they've made a point of it. That Del Rio/Bryan segment was just an "I'm in, you're out" situation, letting people know that Bryan has no chance of winning the title on Sunday, it's Sheamus vs Del Rio next and order the PPV to see Daniel Bryan's last main event match for the forseeable future.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
I wouldn't think much of the segment, it was just to give Del Rio some air time, his promo was just like 30 seconds before Big Show interrupted.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Just your first point saying "They don't have heels intrupting heels without turning one face." that is no were near true....

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Although this heel run has made D Bryan more relevant, so this time round a face turn could be good for him. Maybe, anyway.
I hate the way the WWE handles face turns. They turned Punk face and lately his reactions from the live crowd haven't been as loud as they were after he cut his worked shoot. The WWE turned Punk into just another cookie cutter face.

People cheer Bryan now because of how snakey and manipulative he is. It's funny. What you rather see, have Bryan be the Heel equivalent to John Cena. Where the adults cheer him, and the kids boo. Or would you rather have him turn into the face equivalent of Alberto Del Rio. Where he gets little to no reaction at all.

If they could successfully turn Bryan face and have him retain most of the qualities that got him over as a heel, I'm all for it.

·
Best there ever will be..
4,221 Posts
I hate the way the WWE handles face turns. They turned Punk face and lately his reactions from the live crowd haven't been as loud as they were after he cut his worked shoot. The WWE turned Punk into just another cookie cutter face.

People cheer Bryan now because of how snakey and manipulative he is. It's funny. What you rather see, have Bryan be the Heel equivalent to John Cena. Where the adults cheer him, and the kids boo. Or would you rather have him turn into the face equivalent of Alberto Del Rio. Where he gets little to no reaction at all.

If they could successfully turn Bryan face and have him retain most of the qualities that got him over as a heel, I'm all for it.
WWE has an antiquated idea on the face/heel balance. When a heel gets cheered they instinctively turn him to the extreme opposite to fit their babyface mold, completely ignoring the fact that their actions/personality as a heel was what got them over in the first place. This is where Punk loses his edge and becomes another generic top face with great but now limited mic skills. The two biggest post-Hogan stars sure didn't fit the babyface mold they're trying to impose on current superstars, and it really hurts the characters to have such drastic changes. Heel/face turns shouldn't be that extreme a swing in behavior, but more in their direction/agenda.

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Every time he puts AJ on her place I even hear some pops xD. Dunno just let him be like this for a year at least.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
It was only the first year in his wwe career so who knows if he be a good face or not and now that he gets reactions he could be a good face but in all honesty i want him to be a badass tweener.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I personally think it's too soon to turn Bryan face. Although he is brilliant and he is totally over, he hasn't yet established himself as a top heel. He needs some character development where he gets some big and convincing wins before they turn him face. That way when he does turn face he'll seem like a legit competitor rather than being someone that automatically can win once they've turned face although when they were heel they nearly lost every match but was an escape artist, which, is essentially what Bryan did pre-Sheamus.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Del Rio always interrupts a heel because he is boss like that. When he got the Si going on, it was ace. But Big "I NEED TO BE FIRED, NOW" Show had to ruin everything. Del Rio interrupted Kane one time, and I made a similar thread to this. DB isn't gonna turn.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
He won't turn face because WWE doesn't listen to the audience, they've made a point of it. That Del Rio/Bryan segment was just an "I'm in, you're out" situation, letting people know that Bryan has no chance of winning the title on Sunday, it's Sheamus vs Del Rio next and order the PPV to see Daniel Bryan's last main event match for the forseeable future.
Weren't you the guy that said Lesnar wouldn't wrestle at any PPV's besides the big 4? :lmao

Your word is worth a hell of a lot as far as predictions go. :punk2

·
Registered
626 Posts
Too early, DB will be heel for a couple more months.

And SwaggerRocks, I demand to know where you got your sig from.

Reactions: swagger_ROCKS
1 - 20 of 60 Posts