Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dixie Carter addressed the organization’s “Open Fight Night” concept: “So excited for #OpenFightNight next Thurs on @SpikeTV! Just one of several changes coming to #ImpactWrestling. Who do you want to see fight?”

Basically anyone can tweet her some suggestions, so i was wondering, you would like to have a shot at open fight night and against who?My suggestions (only a few):

Petey Williams and Johnny Gargano taking Double A for the X division
Colt Cabana vs the TV champ (probably Devon)
Kevin Steen vs Samoa Joe or Jeff Hardy
Low ki for the X division title
Brian Kendrick returning and teaming with chuck taylor for the tag team title
Davey Richards or Roderick Strong taking Bobby Roode
Briscoes or Benjamin/Haas vs MCMG
Sara Del Rey vs Gail Kim
John Morrisson as a surprise wild card(in a PPV)

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
We are going to see so many new stars come in the next year. This is good because they can cut the dead weight even more. Also i know wwe had that nxt but the problem is, They are strickly brought up from OVW. Which is all very controlled and planned out from the creative team.

Impact Wrestling is going to be bringing in talent from anywhere that is all ready made or has his or her own character. This is what we have been wanting all along, Chance to bring in so much great talent from the indies. Thats where all the great guys are coming from.Not packages made from wwe.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Eugh Brian Kendrick, no thanks. But Chuck Taylor would be absolute gold, would love to see him show up. I have a feeling Jay Lethal might make a return to TNA at an open fight night, but the main emphasis was on 'up and comers' I think.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
well hopefully she is serious and would look at the wrestlers mentioned and not just ovw guys.

who i wanna see:

briscoes and tmdk vs mcmg and joe and magnus

petey vs aries

el generico vs aries

low ki vs aj

davey richards vs angle

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Rain vs Mickie James
Kevin Steen vs Jeff Hardy

·
Registered
933 Posts
Petey Williams and Johnny Gargano taking Double A for the X division
Colt Cabana vs the TV champ (probably Devon)
Kevin Steen vs Samoa Joe or Jeff Hardy
Low ki for the X division title
Brian Kendrick returning and teaming with chuck taylor for the tag team title
Davey Richards or Roderick Strong taking Bobby Roode
Briscoes or Benjamin/Haas vs MCMG
Sara Del Rey vs Gail Kim
John Morrisson as a surprise wild card(in a PPV)
This

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised to see guys like lethal, Petey, Sanjay, or maybe creed show up for this. The only thing they didn't really clarify is exactly how it will work when someone challenges a champion. Basically hogan decides if the title is on the line or not?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I would like to see Petey Williams back.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised to see guys like lethal, Petey, Sanjay, or maybe creed show up for this. The only thing they didn't really clarify is exactly how it will work when someone challenges a champion. Basically hogan decides if the title is on the line or not?
Creeds under WWE contract, in FCW called Xavier Woods IIRC, but yeah, I'd love to see Sonjay/Petey back especially, for new people, I'd LOVE to see Taeler Hendrix for the knockouts division..

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I love most of the post here including top indy talent but that's fantasy booking.

At best TNA can sign one of those and the rest will be OVW guys.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love most of the post here including top indy talent but that's fantasy booking.

At best TNA can sign one of those and the rest will be OVW guys.
Sure TNA will book mostly OVW, but i don't see wht they shouldn't offer a deal with most of the indy names already suggest in here. It's good for the wrestlers and for TNA.

Another thing is sure, this Open night Fight might lead overstock an already large roster. TNA must agree with Spike a second show.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Sure TNA will book mostly OVW, but i don't see wht they shouldn't offer a deal with most of the indy names already suggest in here. It's good for the wrestlers and for TNA.

Another thing is sure, this Open night Fight might lead overstock an already large roster. TNA must agree with Spike a second show.
Could not some could get sent to oVw.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I wouldnt mind some legends in one off appearances coming in. Guys like Buff Bagwell.

You know, Im going to through something out there that might not make people happy but here it goes. Id love to have Bobby Roode say he wants all the attention and he is sick of people talking about open challanges so he was going to be the oponet in the open fight night. That night hes waiting in the ring and we hear a familiar theme and a legend comes out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMy9djshbGI

GOLDBERG

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

I can see anyone who does get signed getting 6 month deals with an option for TNA to pick up another 6, or a 1 year deal. Small deals, where they will work a lot of road dates to develop, get over and prove themselves ready for larger roles.

Hopefully they sign only 4-5 guys...possibly another 1-2 maybe 3 if they plan to subtract some of the current guys who don't offer much, are too one dimensional or stale IMO (ie Mark Haskins, Shannon Moore, Robbie T, RVD, Pope, Velvet, Angelina, Hernandez, Anarquia and maybe even Anderson).

·
Banned
367 Posts
I don't want to see these unknown wrestlers come up. TNA doesn't have time to build up people from nothing. They have enough talent already.

I would rather see some known stars appear for this one. John Morrison would be good. He has like the 7th most twitter followers out of all wrestlers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts