Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, here is the link:http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/30/price-change-for-xbox-live-gold-subscription.aspx

So what are peoples thoughts on this? My thoughts are I find cheap cards for like $30 usually anyway, so it doesn't bother me, but I am sure this will hurt Microsoft, not help considering Playstation is still currently free to play online and improving. Whatever, if they think it works more power to them, but I could see people jumping ship to Playstation now.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'm a little confused about this. If you do that 'lock in' offer, does it mean that for as long as your subscription is automatically renewed, you'll continue to pay the lower price? Or is it only a lower price for the first year, then you'll start paying more anyway?

At first I was going to say this sucks, but at least my 12 month cards are going to stay the same price. I pay monthly right now so I'll probably just get a 12 month card for Christmas and start using those from there.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Anyone else notice they did this just before Halo Reach came out? ;)
Lol Microsoft is that machiavelic, they are basically saying: "Hey that Halo Reach online is quite nice, right? now open that wallet wider if you wanna keep playing, because:"

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'll never understand the whole paying to play online thing. If I wanna play computer games against my mates I ask them round to my house or vice versa.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Microsoft have always been greedy bastards,so i don't know why this is that big of a shock to people. It took them god knows how long to put the first price cut on the 360,their hardware/accessories are expensive as fuck,and they put a mother fucking $60 dollar price tag on XBLA games with motion controls(Kinect games),Microsoft makes my head hurt with the decisions they make gaming.They're ape shit crazy if they think Kinect will be a success before Fall 2011 with the current economy.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'll never understand the whole paying to play online thing. If I wanna play computer games against my mates I ask them round to my house or vice versa.
Well one of the pros is that you can test your skills with people around the world and you get the chance to play with players who have diferent strategies than your friends' and you can learn from that and apply some of that when you are playing with them; but with those pros comes a lot of cons, like screaming 12 year olds and butthurt douches who disconect when you are beating them.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Microsoft have always been greedy bastards,so i don't know why this is that big of a shock to people. It took them god knows how long to put the first price cut on the 360,their hardware/accessories are expensive as fuck,and they put a mother fucking $60 dollar price tag on XBLA games with motion controls(Kinect games),Microsoft makes my head hurt with the decisions they make gaming.They're ape shit crazy if they think Kinect will be a success before Fall 2011 with the current economy.
Probably not a surprise, but this can easily bite them in the ass. People who pay the full money to get on Live may just now stop and switch over to PS3. Can also make the decision easier for those purchasing one of the new gen consoles as Playstation network is free, X-Box Live is not. Not surprising, but poor decision IMO especially if they aren't really giving new content or things like that.

·
BULK SEASON
4,427 Posts
Ok, so now it's 10 bucks more than usual. Fine, I can deal with it since Black Ops, Halo and Gears are on their way so M$ saw an opportunity but then you make me spend money on DLCs and a bunch of other things that should really be free otherwise plus I can get banned for any little thing while I'm paying for the service by some bitter prick who couldn't handle getting his assed kicked.

A little iffy, but it is M$ so whats new.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
not much of a big deal to me, its 10 dollars more for the 1 year, and right now they having a special until october where its 39.99 for the 1 year. by that time i should a have a job so no biggie, at least it isn't like world of warcraft where you pay like 30 bucks a month or something. all i really care about is playing halo online

1 - 14 of 14 Posts