Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yeah and it was, because Rock was appearing at a PPV in years. It resulted in one of the worst main events ever, so the ones who drew the PPV were Cena and Rock. Sorry for breaking it to you, but Rollins is miles ahead of Miz, so yeah he'll do a whole lot better.
I'm gonna interject here and say that I disagree with your opinions on Miz because he has always been great at presenting himself as a character and getting over whatever shit he was given with his heel work and psychology, working the crowd, etc..

The biggest slight against The Miz is that the man himself doesn't look legit as far as someone who the average person would believe could legitimately kick your ass. As such he only excels at a more specific role, such as the guy who outsmarts his opponent to win.. In addition, he has always proven to be stellar at getting the crowd to give him the right kind of heat.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Only one off that list that has given me any indication that they could even halfway remain afloat in a promo with Rock is Owens. Give me a fucking break in Rollins. Cena completely eviscerated him on the mic on the Raw prior to dropping the US title to him. Ambrose is getting credit off of his past work, not what he's doing on live television. His delivery is awkward and Orton alone got the best of him Monday. Did you just name guys you were fans of?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Rock is too tired to come back more often, cause of all you swinging from his testicles.

Its a news flash, but rock isnt the biggest draw of all time. Neither is austin, neither is hogan.

Blasphemy. I know i know. But the historical data says otherwise. Jim londos is the biggest drawing card in wrestling history. The top 3 modern wwe guys drew more money, but chalk that up to inflation. The lowest guy who qualifies for next years pga tour made more money than ben hogan, a atg did in his whole career. Same principle.

As for the originsl point, sure guys can hang with him. But theyre not allowed.

·
TBZ
5,857 Posts
No, no and no! :lol

The Rock is 6' 4, 250 pounds, extremely good looking and rich as hell due to being a big time movie star as well as being one of the biggest stars to ever come from the WWE. What could they possibly say to him?

"y-you're an old part time hasbeen tha-" yeah, shut the fuck up with that weak material. :drake1

If anyone hangs with him or even gets the best of him then he's simply holding back in this pathetic and sad PG environment. End of.

I mean, I'm a fan of some of those guys you mentioned but lets stop kidding ourselves.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Seeing Rusev get payback for this past promo would be a great big PPV event especially now Rusev has shown his mic capabilities and humour.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I ask the question again; Why do Seth fans feel the need to pretend he's perfect and is an all time great at everything?

Because he is so far the most succesful young star AND member of The Shield, had the privilege to have a program WITH Lesnar, cashed in at WrestleMania ON Lesnar, the guy who broke the streak. Rollins is the one suffering, because he is getting booked like a bitch by Vince, while Triple H is trying to keep him safe from completely getting buried.

It's 2015, people complained about new stars, Swagger failed, Miz failed, Del Rio failed, Sheamus failed, Ziggler failed, Reigns is currently failing even being pushed and Ambrose is not given a chance.

You have Seth FREAKING Rollins, at least stop denying his talent for a bit.

·
Banned
2,158 Posts
I remember Punk owning him before their match at the Rumble. "Your arms are too short to box with god" that was a great promo. I also know Cena got him a couple times during their feud so it is highly possible the guys you mentioned could pull it off as well. Rock is amazing but he does not have an answer for everything.
Yeah, Punk stealing a line from 1997 Method Man of all people is so ingenious. I was embarrassed listening to that.

Owens would get massacred in front of the Rock :lol Stop overrating his ability.
Something only a person who hasn't seen his indy mic work would say. If he was able to let loose, he'd easily hang with Rocky.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Yeah, Punk stealing a line from 1997 Method Man of all people is so ingenious. I was embarrassed listening to that.

Something only a person who hasn't seen his indy mic work would say. If he was able to let loose, he'd easily hang with Rocky.
Something only a person who recognizes mediocrity would say, actually. I've seen his indie mic work live on numerous occasions, have you? Owens delivery sucks and his smark pandering is lame. Rock is the greatest talker ever. In a completely different stratosphere than Kevin Owens.

·
\m/
23,465 Posts
Rollins is the one suffering, because he is getting booked like a bitch by Vince, while Triple H is trying to keep him safe from completely getting buried.
Do you have a source for this? I ask because I read about there being a disagreement between Vince and Triple H over the direction they wanted to take with Seth's character as a champion.

·
Registered
22,863 Posts
The thing with Rock is you have to actually give guys a chance to talk back. Like with Rusev last year. Rock was great and all but I don't even think Rusev spoke back except for maybe a threat. The only guys who actually did it were Cena and Punk.

Honesly, Rollins is fine on the mic but he would get steamrolled by Rock in this current heel persona. Ambrose, if he actually showed us what he showed us in FCW and the early days of the Shield, he could do it. Owens also. He's kind of like Punk with his attitude where he would be able to break through Rock's silliness and talk straight up with him.

And in terms of Reigns, I'd only want see it if Reigns were heel. And do it by having Reigns talk as little as possible. The family angle would be enough to build a feud but straight up he too would get steamrolled by Rock.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts