Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 141 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
22,706 Posts
We don’t know who’s going to win it first. We don’t know who’s going to challenge for it. We don’t know if there will be a rematch. We don’t know how challengers will be determined. We don’t know shit other than Jericho or Page will be the first title-holder, which is absolutely insignificant in light of all the other things we don’t yet know. All the bitching about the first champion being either the old out-of-shape dad body or the kid who hasn’t proven himself yet is pointless, because the outcome of this one match is just the first step in what we hope will be a very long story. This is why I can’t give two shits about who wins. I want to see a good match, and I want to see how they follow it up to make sure the title actually means something. I don’t want to waste my energy speculating and arguing about what’s going to happen — I want them to take me for the ride of my wrestling-fan life.
You could apply that "well we dont know" to literally anything then. Fact is somethings come of so underwhelming they go into prove me wrong territory. In AEW Page/Jericho as first champion and Spears being a worthwhile talent are in prove me wrong territory. It just is what it is.

141 - 141 of 141 Posts