Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Re: Cody: “We’ve revealed about 40% of the roster. Sometimes it’s better to let the painter paint and then judge the picture.”

As much as I want to see some more cool AAA characters, I hope the rest of the roster is more of serious type wrestlers. The roster is kind of "gimmick-heavy" at the moment for a company that allegedly wanted a serious sports-type approach.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
I hope they don't sign too many guys. One problem with wwe is they have too many people to juggle talent wise

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
Re: Cody: “We’ve revealed about 40% of the roster. Sometimes it’s better to let the painter paint and then judge the picture.”

I hope the rest isn't terrible.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
It makes perfect sense. They already have a partnership with AAA. So a good number of guys will likely tour Mexico.

They are also going to allow their wrestlers to freely work the indies, as long as they don't appear on tv, dvd, webcast, PPV, etc.
So there might be a few guys who appear mostly as jobbers or at house shows, and then work more on the indies as well.

AEW road schedule would be better for his mental health as well. I don't think you bring him in without nZo though. 70 shows a year means you could sleep in your bed 5 nights a week.

I know it sounds so little, but NHL and NBA teams play 82 games a year and some lesser players playing time is 5 minutes a game in the NHL and NBA players 10-15 often get the same or don't play at all - just suit up and ride the pine.

Players also play half their games "at home" and all their road travel is handled by the team chartering planes and the like and they have an off-season.

If AEW brought in Enzo, I would never watch them again.

He is a talentless bum. He has almost no real training, and has hurt people, including himself, because of this. He also is a complete asshole who refuses to take responsibility for his own BS and instead blames everyone else.

And I'm pretty sure AEW is gonna end up running about 160 shows a year once they get everything set up.

That includes 4 PPV's, 52 weekly tv spots, and 104 house shows ran twice a week.

And that's not including any special PPV/Supercards shows that they run aside from their main 4 PPV's.

That goes up to 168 shows if they choose to run a full 12 month PPV schedule.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
If they're doing it like a sport maybe people are only there 3-6 months out of the year.'

Like if you're in a hot story line you're active for X amount of time.

If not then you get time off, can compete other places until needed.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
yes, but how many of those will get used?

unless they're using a rotation system

i.e a month or 2 a time for a storyline then disappearing

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,164 Posts

Hopefully all the interesting talent are in that other 60% because aside from Jericho, MJF, Spears and Darby Allin there's nobody else I see myself getting invested in.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
If AEW brought in Enzo, I would never watch them again.

He is a talentless bum. He has almost no real training, and has hurt people, including himself, because of this. He also is a complete asshole who refuses to take responsibility for his own BS and instead blames everyone else.
All of this.... is what i thought until i started watching clips of his shoot interview on youtube

Changed my opinion of him by some margin

·
Registered
531 Posts
If this means we will not be subjected to the same main event guys on every show, that is great news. That’s death for WWE; they don’t have enough interesting stuff for their top tier talent with that much exposure.

I hope this means storylines for all people in AEW.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

Just be careful bloating the roster. AEW is in a good spot with a 2 hour weekly show.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Jake Hager please.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The hottest free agent at the end of the year is going to be Tessa Blanchard. I believe her contract is up at the end of 2019. Both AEW & WWE are going to want to add her. Tessa to WWE could beef up an already talented roster. Tessa to AEW can give AEW a legit face/backbone to their womens division. Will be interesting to see where she goes.
Womens wrestling sucks and still isn't over.

You see, Vince sold half of his company well technically 49%. He has to meet the demands of the cable companies and the stock owners. They are the ones forcing him to push the left wing agenda down our throats.

No matter how hard they along side Stephanie McMahon have pushed, the real fans of wrestling have resisted.

Its why RAW's rating are the worst they have been since 1993, because of people like you. THANKS ALOT

It would appear women's wrestling is over on the wrestling forums because, well we all know what kind of people usually spend their days on wrestling forums. Same kind of sexually frustrated people who spend alot of time in anime. No Alexa Bliss doesn't want to sleep with you because you bought her t-shirt, she likes alpha guys who are hairy and muscular and can man handle her and show her who's boss. It's why she dating that Buddy Murphy guy.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,161 Posts

Yeah, as mentioned before, I assume this includes everyone on non-exclusive contracts who may come in here and there for television or perhaps a PPV event. Also includes those who are currently contracted elsewhere but have probably given their word that they will be joining once contracts are up (Marty for example) and then those who have been signed but are so low profile that they haven't announced them via social media or on YouTube so they come across as unknown guys they can build from scratch when live television comes about (Wardlow for example).

2,244 Posts
I doubt that. I think it's more how they have 60% more wrestlers they want to sign and are just waiting for their contracts to run out imo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's not a good idea.

Sign 10 - 15 more guys max

3 tag teams, 5 women wrestlers, CM PUNK for sure, Teddy Hart come the fuk on do it for the controversy.

21 - 40 of 141 Posts