1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update:

-----

Biff Rules!

Oney Lorcan, aka the former Biff Busick, requested a WWE release at the end of last month, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Lorcan, who teamed with Danny Burch in WWE NXT and 205 Live, has not yet been granted.

Lorcan was signed by WWE in September 2015 after strong runs in EVOLVE, Beyond Wrestling and CZW, among other companies.

Lorcan has resorted back to his former ring name, Biff Busick, on social media.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=131444

·
Registered
662 Posts
I like the guy, him and Birch seemed destined for mediocrity when they were paired up in NXT, but then they had that sudden badass performance in the title match against UE and they were sort of a big deal from then on. Wish him all the best whereever he may go.

·
Southern Pride
2,905 Posts
Lorcan is very talented, i'll agree with that.

What may not be on his side is that if WWE lets him go then others like Sin Cara that are wanting out too will push even harder to be let go and so WWE wont grant them their wishes. Once a drip starts, it could lead to a big flow.

Hopefully his current deal isn't very long if this is true.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
How much time is remaining on his contract? If he is currently under a developmental/NXT deal, WWE is in the process of trying to get NXT wrestlers to renegotiate (read EXTEND) their contracts right now - so maybe this was more he refused to extend and that put the writing on the wall he was planning to leave so just asked out now.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I dunno theres alot of PWG guys in AEW, I think he would end up there in a second.
I think eventually he would - but they also would need a storyline for him. AEW has stories planned out months in advance.

He signed September 2015, usual developmentals are 3 year contracts I believe. So I wonder if that means he re-signed in September 2018, which if the case likely means he has years left on his deal.

I never knew how much I wanted to see a Busick vs PAC match until I just started thinking up AEW matches.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,455 Posts
Yeah, they should hire more failed NFL players and shitty Chinese wrestlers that somehow get worse every time they wrestle :fuckyeah

BIFF RULES
Where a talent comes from isn't the point, to succeed in WWE you need to have a look, some personality and some mic skills, or at the very least you need one of the powers that be to favor you. A guy like Oney Lorcan didn't have any of that.

There are a lot of people in WWE that don't belong there and won't have a chance to succeed, we all like somebody that doesn't fit in WWE, there's no reason to take it personally, it just is what it is.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts