Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems there has been no focus on the world title since Kane won it. Now I like Kane but it seems his feud over Taker was just about revenge and the world title was used as a prop.

With Kane Edge it seems the real factor in this feud is not the title its whether Paul Bearer will be rescued from Edge and how Edge is constantly playing mind games with Kane. I have neither seen Edge nor Kane cut a promo on how much the world title means to them.

On raw for example, the WWE title is always the focus even when Cena joined Nexus it still was.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It seems there has been no focus on the world title since Kane won it. Now I like Kane but it seems his feud over Taker was just about revenge and the world title was used as a prop.

With Kane Edge it seems the real factor in this feud is not the title its whether Paul Bearer will be rescued from Edge and how Edge is constantly playing mind games with Kane. I have neither seen Edge nor Kane cut a promo on how much the world title means to them.

On raw for example, the WWE title is always the focus even when Cena joined Nexus it still was.
No the wwe title was not the focus of the nexus/Cena storyline. DiD barret or cena cut a promo about the wwe title?
And Edge is doing this to Paul becuase he wants the world title.

·
Registered
218 Posts
They're clearly making all this up as they go along. Sounds like the 11th hour cramming before examinations we've all had to endure in college.

What did the WWE really have in mind before Undertaker was injured? Was Kane meant to be a transient champion? Is this a small 'Thank-You' from Vince or is this is a pre-retirement swansong? Or even *IWC shudders* an unlikely push for a long wasted talent?

You guess is as good as mine. That said, I agree that the feud has had ample focus on the Bearer angle. If anything, this is all about Edge's 10th Championship reign. Whether he gets that from the hands of Kane, or at Wrestlemania or in the final year before he too retires, remains to be seen.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,038 Posts
Just so you know OP, the WWE dosen't really put much emphasis on the world titles anymore. No, they're used as props now, and it's sad because the World titles should be the centre of attention, they're the most prestigus prize in the WWE and yet they would rather focus all their enegies on some storyline that dosen't even involve the title at all. It's not just Kane, WWE has been doing this since the attitude era and I think even before that. It's just the way things are in WWE.

I suppose WWE proberly think people would get bored if a storyline had the World title as the focus only and no storyline to accompany it so they just make storylines in a way to add more excitment.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I for one am happy it's not over the title, Im sick of that played out storyline. It's always the same. "Me want title, me win title at PPV" "No you wont, ill still be champion" and the promos just keep repeating. At least this has more of a story to it and made it more exciting. I dont get what everyone's obsession is about the titles, they are honestly just useless props used to elevate whoever is holding it, nothing more. If every storyline revolved around a title belt I think id get sick of watching.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Quite the opposite.

Edge clearly is doing this to get a shot at the title or else he would not care or bother. Theres different ways of approaching it. Now there heat for there match.

Christ people post whatever what they like to hear.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I agree

The last time the title was the main focus of a feud was when Rey was feuding with Swagger

Kane vs Mysterio was more about who put taker in "vegetative state"

Kane vs Undertaker was about...some dumb shit

And now this

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I can't believe it's been 3 episodes of "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE IM HERE KAAANE HELP"

Fucking stupid.

Thank god we have the rest of the rest of the card, though.
Swagger should be in the WHC picture, dammit.

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
One of the reasons why SD has been unbearable.

and the RAW main event feud did have some focus on the title. The whole reason of Cena being in the match was to help Barrett win the title. Don't forget the amazing promo with Roddy Piper, Cena and Orton.

I don't see how these mindgames will help Edge win the title.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
The first week, the Bearer kidnap thing was quite funny. But it has been dragged on too long and is now irritating.
DAMN paul bearer hasn't showered in weeks.

·
Banned
353 Posts
The world titles are really important no doubt look at what happend to mvp and matt hardy for proof of that they must mean something or they wouldnt of left the way they did but like you's have said if every single story was just focused on the title and nothing else itd be boring

Am I only one enjoying this Edge Kane feud btw I think this whole kidnapping paul is funny i no its stupid but i still find it more interesting than most fueds these days and it legit makes me lol everytime

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Just so you know OP, the WWE dosen't really put much emphasis on the world titles anymore. No, they're used as props now, and it's sad because the World titles should be the centre of attention, they're the most prestigus prize in the WWE and yet they would rather focus all their enegies on some storyline that dosen't even involve the title at all. It's not just Kane, WWE has been doing this since the attitude era and I think even before that. It's just the way things are in WWE.

I suppose WWE proberly think people would get bored if a storyline had the World title as the focus only and no storyline to accompany it so they just make storylines in a way to add more excitment.
Blame Vince Russo.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
As Optikk stated, the Roddy Piper promo with Cena and Orton and Barrett was only a few weeks back. Over on Raw, they have done a solid job of making the WWE Championship a major centerpiece of the biggest angles since around August or so. Orton's challenging for the championship as a face and his build, the Barrett-Sheamus truce being killed once he was freed to challenge for it, Miz's Money in the Bank teases and proclamations, Barrett saying he was concerned with the WWE Championship and little else in September, October and November, Miz's story as a rising star being concluded by winning it. Etceteras, etceteras.

Meanwhile, the World Heavyweight Championship on Smackdown has been mummified and almost forgotten about aside from being Kane's claim to fame as a reinvigorated character atop the brand. It was superfluous to the Taker-Kane feud, and while the storyline "makes sense" with Edge and Kane, if this feud doesn't win Worst Feud of the Year from the Observer in a fucking landslide, something is terribly wrong. Good grief.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Kanes character has always been about destruction rather than about winning. He has eleminated himself from royal rumbles, DQ'd himself on purpose, all just to inflict more pain. He only won the title to get back at the undertaker so storyline wise he probably doesnt care that much about the title.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Kane vs Undertaker was about...some dumb shit
Makes me wonder how long you have been watching wrestling. I guess watching "The Viper" dry-hump the mat must be very entertaining for you. This is either a failure to comprehend a momentous reversal of roles in one of the longest running feuds in this business, or a flippant remark utterly devoid of any cogent thought.

I shall safely assume it's the latter.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,038 Posts
One of the reasons why SD has been unbearable.

and the RAW main event feud did have some focus on the title. The whole reason of Cena being in the match was to help Barrett win the title. Don't forget the amazing promo with Roddy Piper, Cena and Orton.

I don't see how these mindgames will help Edge win the title.
But the focus was more on Cena's career and the choice he had to make then it was the title. Hell I don't think Wade Barrett or Randy Orton even referenced the title, they just kept talking about Cena.

Blame Vince Russo.
Not even Vince Russo is responsible for lack of focus on the World title/s, remember all ideas have to go through Vince McMahon before they're giving the go ahead so he to is responsible as well.

to be fair, Edge said he wanted to become a 10th time world champion, and he said he had a plan to do it, all of this IS for the world title
Alot of people say they want stuff but don't get it, and even so. It dosen't mean he IS going to win the title now, it could mean anytime

Kanes character has always been about destruction rather than about winning. He has eleminated himself from royal rumbles, DQ'd himself on purpose, all just to inflict more pain. He only won the title to get back at the undertaker so storyline wise he probably doesnt care that much about the title.
Not really, Kane has always kind've cared about titles. When He he won it off of Stone Cold, he said he would set himself on fire if he didn't win it. Also when he returned in 2000 to help Undertaker and The Rock on Raw he showed interest, and also he put his mask on the line for a chance at the World Heavyweight Championship

1 - 20 of 26 Posts