Wrestling Forum banner

One thing TNA does do better.....IMO.

1758 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  sillymunkee
I am a member of both tnaondemand.com and wweclassics.com and I must say the TNA offering is infinitely better then WWE. With WWE you get mostly just matches with 1 or 2 full events thrown in and things change every month so if there is something you really wanted to see but dont have much time there is a chance you wont see it. With TNA though every PPV from 2004 forward is available as well as all their superstar dvd and compilation dvds.

So as someone who subscribes to both services I must say TNA is doing a much better job at offering online content.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
If WWE made their back catalogue as freely available as TNA do, the subscription price would be unaffordable for any normal human being.

TNA's PPV DVDs sell for $5 each, a matter of months after the events happen, so 2004 shows aren't really worth anything to the company.

It's not really a case of TNA "doing it better" but I'm sure it's awesome for completeists.

· Registered
6,512 Posts
If WWE made their back catalogue as freely available as TNA do, the subscription price would be unaffordable for any normal human being.

TNA's PPV DVDs sell for $5 each, a matter of months after the events happen, so 2004 shows aren't really worth anything to the company.

It's not really a case of TNA "doing it better" but I'm sure it's awesome for completeists.
Can you imagine? At a quick glance, the first 5 WMs still sell for almost £40. A subscription price that would make that profitable for the WWE would be crazy.

It's still a good thing that TNA make everything available, don't get me wrong, but the context of the available material is completely different.

9,981 Posts
Well I've been a subscriber to WWE On Demand for years now and have never had an issue with their catalogue set up.

They have four major categories: Legends, Shorties, TV Classics, and The Big Ones which each offer something new and unique every month. Like right now, WWE has to whole Hell in a Cell PPV, and always puts recent PPV's and old classic PPV's. They also have the Monday Night Wars series, which is just the greatest thing in the world to me. No better way to "relive the Attitude Era" than that. They also do the really awesome WWE Legends Roundtable 5 or 6 times a year, and those are also some amazing shows with Hall of Famers discussing interesting topics. I definitely recommend checking those out on Youtube, if you've never seen one. They also have A LOT of rarely before seen matches. I see a new match I've never seen before a few times a month on there. They go all the way back in the day and really dig up some great material.

Anyways, I can see why TNA's might be cool, and I'd more than likely have it if they had it on cable like WWE's Classics.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
another thing tna does better imo is the live events. house shows are a blast. they actually bring wrestlers out for you to meet them too which is pretty cool imo. the overall experience is just better imo.
That's because otherwise they wouldn't sell any tickets. :p

I like that they have old DVDs on there, but it wouldn't entice me to pay for it. If I want to see something, I'll just torrent it. WWE, on the other hand, is a company I want to support, so I pay for it. Sadly, it's not available through DirecTV, so I have to get it online. :(

· Registered
2,594 Posts
That's because otherwise they wouldn't sell any tickets. :p

I like that they have old DVDs on there, but it wouldn't entice me to pay for it. If I want to see something, I'll just torrent it. WWE, on the other hand, is a company I want to support, so I pay for it. Sadly, it's not available through DirecTV, so I have to get it online. :(
No shit, that goes for any business

· Banned
4,476 Posts
No shit, that goes for any business
I don't think WWE promises fans that top superstars will be available for autograph signings at a random house show.

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I've been a subscriber to WWE On Demand for years now and have never had an issue with their catalogue set up.

They have four major categories: Legends, Shorties, TV Classics, and The Big Ones which each offer something new and unique every month. Like right now, WWE has to whole Hell in a Cell PPV, and always puts recent PPV's and old classic PPV's. They also have the Monday Night Wars series, which is just the greatest thing in the world to me. No better way to "relive the Attitude Era" than that. They also do the really awesome WWE Legends Roundtable 5 or 6 times a year, and those are also some amazing shows with Hall of Famers discussing interesting topics. I definitely recommend checking those out on Youtube, if you've never seen one. They also have A LOT of rarely before seen matches. I see a new match I've never seen before a few times a month on there. They go all the way back in the day and really dig up some great material.

Anyways, I can see why TNA's might be cool, and I'd more than likely have it if they had it on cable like WWE's Classics.
I agree that every month I find 12 - 15 hours of stuff to watch on classics.com but I just wish once they put it on they would leave it up.

I can definitely see the point made by some that if WWE were to offer everything the subscription price would be much more then $3.95 a month.

I actually forgot I posted this topic and would like to thank the other posters for their comments and not turning it into the bullshit that so many topics in this section tend to end up in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.