Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He's always had memorable feuds and he's always having good chemistry with every wrestler he's feuding with. Here are the examples:

The Miz - John Morrison. These two definitely have great chemistry together as a tag team. Even when they decided to go on separate ways and feuding with each other they were able to deliver some memorable moments, their verbal exchange on The Dirt Sheet in a segment before Bragging Rights from last year was just great, i just love how they compare themselves to The Rockers and it's still being debated until now who is the "Janetty" of the two. I think they have sucessfully planted a seed for future full-blown feud between these two when they both finally reach the top.

The Miz - John Cena. This one is really special because Cena was responsible for Miz's character reinvention, this was the time when The Miz reinvented himself and then started his Road to Awesome, and since then, everytime these two meet in the ring it somehow just feels special, and it's inevitable these two will feud with each other again in the future once The Miz becomes established main eventer.

The Miz - MVP. Maybe this one isn't as memorable as his other feuds but his verbal exchange with MVP was one of the best segments i've ever seen this year, their segment was just so memorable it arguably brought The Miz and MVP to another level, even though we know what happened to MVP after this feud ended, WWE dropped the ball big time with him and he kept falling down since then while The Miz keeps rising to the top. It will be interesting when The Miz meets MVP again and see how different their fates are right now.

The Miz - Daniel Bryan. This one is arguably the feud of the year imo, from the dynamic relationship they had on NXT until Bryan wins the US Title from The Miz himself, i really enjoyed every second of it. The Miz played a big part on putting Bryan over as legit competitor in WWE. I think they have successfully established a long time rivalry between themselves because they can re-ignite this feud again in the future and i won't still get tired of it.

Even his mini feud with R-Truth and Big Show were still tolerable in my eyes, his exchange with Eve also didn't as bad as i thought when she came out. It seems The Miz is very good at developing instant chemistry with every wrestler he's confronting. And despite being not too skillful in the ring, he's still managed to have good matches with all these wrestlers, i think the only snoozefest he's had was when he's against R-Truth at Fatal 4 Way.

I don't know if it's due to the good booking or The Miz is just that good at carrying a feud but everytime WWE give the ball to him, The Miz always runs with it, maybe that's one of the main reasons WWE gave him the MITB briefcase, he's very reliable.

Reactions: Nocturnal

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,081 Posts
I agree. I'm not sure if it's just because his conspicuous ascension up the card helps to bring out the best in his kayfabe foes, his storylines are better-written than the average angles (perhaps due to some contributions?), or if he's actually just very adaptable to different personalities to create involving feuds with, but this is something I've also picked up on over the course of the last year and a half or so. Even briefer, less obvious examples like Miz-Kofi Kingston about 14 months ago, Miz's very brief partnership with Jericho against Hart Dynasty for only a few weeks back about six months ago, and others--they've all been well-realized.

His relationships with his two respective NXT rookies are also highlights of 2010.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Good point , now that I think about it his fueds and past tension between his rivals seems to remain at all times to make him more interesting

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Morrison, Bryan, MVP, Cena. What do they all have in common besides feuding with Miz? They're all a hell of a lot better in the ring than him. Miz made things memorable with his mic work, no doubt. But talking only gets you so far. At some point, you have to put on a good match to make the feud matter more. To that end, Miz is decent enough in the ring to be elevated by others. That is all. As long as he's with skilled ring workers, he's fine.

I just wonder what will happen if he feuds with a someone lacking in ring skills. My nightmare feud is a Miz/Barrett/Otunga feud over the WWE title. They can all talk till the speakers blow out. But in-ring, that would be an abomination.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Morrison, Bryan, MVP, Cena. What do they all have in common besides feuding with Miz? They're all a hell of a lot better in the ring than him. Miz made things memorable with his mic work, no doubt. But talking only gets you so far. At some point, you have to put on a good match to make the feud matter more. To that end, Miz is decent enough in the ring to be elevated by others. That is all. As long as he's with skilled ring workers, he's fine.

I just wonder what will happen if he feuds with a someone lacking in ring skills. My nightmare feud is a Miz/Barrett/Otunga feud over the WWE title. They can all talk till the speakers blow out. But in-ring, that would be an abomination.
I can't argue with your point that a story needs to end inside the ring and it's wrestlers' responsibility to deliver high level performance in their blow-off match, and i actually think The Miz hasn't reached that level yet, that's why i'm not sure if i want him to cash in his MITB contract to win WWE title soon because he's simply not fully ready yet in my eyes, and he's currently not in a really good shape either due to losing lots of matches recently. The thing is, it seems the standard of in-ring work quality for main eventers today isn't really high, Orton and Kane aren't exactly known for their in-ring performance, neither is Barrett, Taker's in-ring work has also deteriorated a lot, that's why we got some of the worst main event matches this year involving these wrestlers, so it's not surprising that the MOTNs in WWE PPVs are mostly midcard matches nowadays, the only active main eventers who consistently could put great matches are Rey, Cena, and Sheamus, and to an extent, Jack Swagger, even though he's a midcarder again right now. That being said, The Miz more or less qualifies as a main eventer if he's compared to some of today's main eventers because like you said he's decent enough to deliver a great match and tells a story in the ring when he's in the ring with superior workers, his match with Daniel Bryan was a prime example of that. Not that i actually condone that view because i personally think Miz is simply not good enough yet in the ring to be main eventer even though he's very good in any other areas. Though i might add that he's very entertaining as a character and his single run so far has been great imo, i'm liking wrestlers not solely based on their in-ring work factor, but i still wish that Miz will step up his in-ring game because i really want him to succeed.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Good point, Prospekt. I have noticed that every encounter The Miz has had with another wrestler, since coming to Raw, has always been memorable.

Miz vs. John Cena
Miz vs. Kofi Kingston
Miz vs. John Morrison
Miz vs. MVP
Miz and Big Show
Miz vs. Bret Hart
Miz and Chris Jericho
Miz vs. R-Truth
Miz and Alex Riley
Miz vs. Daniel Bryan
Miz vs. Edge

It's amazing how everyone he's teamed or fueded with in the past year and a half, I can remember so well. His fueds have DEFINANTELY been more than just random mid-card fueds.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
Good point, Prospekt. I have noticed that every encounter The Miz has had with another wrestler, since coming to Raw, has always been memorable.

Miz vs. John Cena
Miz vs. Kofi Kingston
Miz vs. John Morrison
Miz vs. MVP
Miz and Big Show
Miz vs. Bret Hart
Miz and Chris Jericho
Miz vs. R-Truth
Miz and Alex Riley
Miz vs. Daniel Bryan
Miz vs. Edge

It's amazing how everyone he's teamed or fueded with in the past year and a half, I can remember so well. His fueds have DEFINANTELY been more than just random mid-card fueds.
For the love of me, I can't remember anything memorable about that program...

·
Registered
3,275 Posts

Miz vs. John Cena
Miz vs. Kofi Kingston
Miz vs. John Morrison
Miz vs. MVP
Miz and Big Show
Miz vs. Bret Hart
Miz and Chris Jericho
Miz vs. R-Truth
Miz and Alex Riley
Miz vs. Daniel Bryan
Miz vs. Edge

Or maybe you remember them so well because you're a fanboy?

·
#StayClassyWF
1,082 Posts
For the love of me, I can't remember anything memorable about that program...
Miz won his first United States Championship in that feud, the night after Hell In A Cell 2009.

Within that feud was also a mini-feud between Miz and Swagger over Eve which seemed to be designed to turn Swagger face, however it just led to a episode of Raw where Miz, then Swagger stole Kofi's US Belt, leading to Kofi having to steal it back, setting up the triple threat at Hell In A Cell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts