Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I find this take weird. Wrestlemania is fucking huge, as if you wouldn't want AEW to have a Wrestlemania-like show! This is like saying "I just love that AEW doesn't sign the best talent available and gives opportunities to blokes like Marko Stunt instead of the Killer Kross' and Brock Lesnars".

·
Registered
23,501 Posts
Yeah Revolution is at the end of February, like 12 weeks after Full Gear, they need a Winter special or something in between, a New Year's Bash would be a good idea
Yeah that's Soo much time, 24 hours of TV until the next PPV, that's without considering the possible new show. I think in theory what they're doing with so many intertwined stories is so smart. It reminds me sort of like an anime with the loads of characters and multiple stories going on at once. They just need to figure out a way to make the filler feel important.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,212 Posts
Yeah that's Soo much time, 24 hours of TV until the next PPV, that's without considering the possible new show. I think in theory what they're doing with so many intertwined stories is so smart. It reminds me sort of like an anime with the loads of characters and multiple stories going on at once. They just need to figure out a way to make the filler feel important.
I think with Miro & Eddie Kingston on the show, with Hangman and Omega being singles stars too, things will be better, but IDK, that's definitely a helluva lot of time even if they were building those intertwined storylines. I forgot that Full Gear was first week of Nov actually so its almost 16 weeks between that and Revolution 😂

·
Registered
451 Posts
A lot of people say that Starrcade was WCW's WrestleMania but I don't think it really played out that way. For example, the nWo formed at Bash at the Beach.

All the WCW PPVs felt pretty equal to me. I don't think you can really force a "WrestleMania"
I’d say it was big for them but not WM big. Halloween Havoc, Great American Bash, Bash at the Beach, War Games, they usually felt just as big.

DoN kinda feels bigger than the rest to me.

I’d go ahead and go to 6 ppv next year.

·
Registered
11,977 Posts
Imagine NFL without Superbowl or mlb without world series or NJPW without wrestlekingdom

Plenty of big WWE matches didn't take place at Wrestlemania, Cena vs reigns, first Cena and styles match, Brock vs Orton, Brock vs Cena, Brock vs HHH, Punk vs Brock, punk vs Cena, first Goldberg vs Brock, punk vs rock...all huge matches last 9 years

21 - 25 of 25 Posts