Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Heyman said "I said that BARACK LESNAR would beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and he did. I said that he would hand John Cena a prison beating and suplex him out of the main event of Wrestlemania and he did." Then later on he said "BARACK LESNAR says that he will beat you at Wrestlemania and he will."

Now if you notice, the times that Heyman talked about Taker and Cena he said "I said" and when talking about Roman, Heyman said "Brock said." After the promo, Heyman winked. I smell shenanigans in the air and I don't like it one bit.

So what does everyone else think, am I reading too much into this?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
You're reading too much into this.

Roman Reigns is appearing on Conan O'Brien, TMZ, Espn etc. They are promoting him as much they did Cena. They are going with him as the new top babyface. There is no way they are turning him heel no matter how much he gets booed. He will get Cena type reactions for the rest of his career and maybe turn heel a few years later but its not happening anytime soon.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,169 Posts
Reading too much into it. Vince doesn't have the balls to turn Reigns heel. And Reigns run with the title is over before it even began. No one takes him seriously after this build to WM. And last night solidified it. He has no chance to make it now.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
i doubt Heyman will be turning on Brock, its too late in Brock's career to be doing something like that especially since Brock is a part timer kinda like how Undertaker is stuck with the dead man routine, its too late to make such a drastic change........besides aren't they(wwe) trying to make Reigns the new John Cena? i can more see the outcome being Reigns going over clean in John Cena fashion

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
I think you're giving the creative team too much credit. I want a Reigns heel turn, but after last night, I lost all faith in anything in that main event, and I have been the biggest Reign mark on these forums recently. What a ball drop.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
If Brock is leaving and Heyman is staying, this really is the best idea. Heyman will need a new client, and Reigns could really use somebody to talk to him. It makes sense.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
You're reading too much into this.

Roman Reigns is appearing on Conan O'Brien, TMZ, Espn etc. They are promoting him as much they did Cena. They are going with him as the new top babyface. There is no way they are turning him heel no matter how much he gets booed. He will get Cena type reactions for the rest of his career and maybe turn heel a few years later but its not happening anytime soon.
Cena actually maintained business levels for the company. Reigns will not.

They can promote him as much as they want just like a shitty movie can pay $80m on advertising and still fail.

Cena draws. It's proven. He was also FAR more talented and over than Roman Reigns is right now.

The Reigns/Cena comparisons are lazy. They are not the same. Cena was not manufactured in the same way. He was loved long before he was hated and he maintains his fanbase with the kids because he is a big goofy larger than life hero for them to cheer who dresses in bright colors and inspires them (Just like Hogan)

Does anyone really think Reigns could ever pull that off? Or that he's talented enough to create a fanbase of his own that is anywhere near as big as Cena's?

Not right now he isn't. This push is a total failure and the sooner WWE cut their losses and reboot the guy the better for everyone, Reigns included.

·
Registered
866 Posts
A Roman Reigns heel turn and alignment with Heyman is the very best idea for this Wrestlemania. You create a star out of a talented, but not very ready guy in Reigns, and you make the best out of his talents. You work to his current abilities and make him look better than any face run he could have with the world title right now.

It could be possible. Reigns has never actually attacked or insulted Heyman before, in fact, he even said he respects him. Heyman of course refers to him as the 'Samoan Badass' all the time, and is dropping some hints like you mentioned. A Reigns heel turn is the way to go.

In fact, they could still make him the face of the company in a year's time. It's similar to The Rock turning heel at Survivor Series '98. It would be a huge shocker, and would help him a lot.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Reading too much into. I doubt they'll go with the plan, but if they did they wouldn't drop any hints no how subtle they are, they'd just have it happen out of the blue

·
Registered
581 Posts
I get the same reaction to Reigns as a heel than I do to Reigns as a face. Which is to say, I don't give any shits whatsoever about Roman Reigns as a heel.

Belee

Dat.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I've been thinking this for a couple months now. Turn Roman heel with the help of Heyman at WM. It would definitely save the main event, like you all said.

Reigns could have a great run as a heel.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Back in AE when they were pushing an 'arrogant' Rock he was getting neg reactions & he was turned heel and, more recently, Batista was given heat when he returned for a spell to hype Guardians of the Galaxy so he also turned Heel; Heyman has a track record of betraying his clients even back when he originally managed Lesnar he switched him for Big Show!
Even though I still wish Lesnar wins but we can't get all our way!

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that wink as well. However, part of me thinks he just did it to make us think something interesting is going to take place during the main event, while nothing in reality actually will.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
They'd only have Heyman turn on Lesnar if Lesnar wasn't gonna be in the WWE for a long time. I don't think Heyman and Reigns would work, Heyman and Lesnar works because you believe what Heyman says about Lesnar, Reigns not so much. Also WWE are clearly desperate to have a top face asap, I think Heyman would always overshadow Reigns so Reigns would never get over that way either.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts