Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rewatched the Cena - RVD match. Wow, what an amazing atmosphere. I don't ever recall anything quite like that in WWE history. That crowd was so hostile, but they made that match epic. I noticed a sign that read: "If Cena Wins We Riot." What do you think would have happened had Cena actually won? Do you think we'll ever see an audience that hot again?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
It was definitely inferior to the 2005 edition but I loved the RVD vs. Cena match because of the crowd, the old ECW crowd might not be the most intelligent but it was hilarious the way they expressed their hate for Cena :lmao It was like watching a match from the 80s when Heels were genuinely hated.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
when they threw his stuff back into the ring .....
my god it was epic

One of my all time favorite matches just because of the crowd

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
when they threw his stuff back into the ring .....
my god it was epic
proof that wrestling fans do have brains

Cena had the entire Hammerstein Ballroom in the palm of his hands. And they didnt even know it.
further proof that he should be a heel

it was hilarious the way they expressed their hate for Cena :lmao It was like watching a match from the 80s when Heels were genuinely hated.
proof that its not impossible to have kayfabe in todays enviroment

CASE AND POINT, ECW ONE NIGHT STAND 2006, PROOF THAT THE NEW ECW COULD OF BEEN SO MUCH MORE AND THAT SOME OF US ON THE WEB ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT WE'RE F*****G TALKING ABOUT

ARR ARR ARR:evil:

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Yep, keep thinking that.
Right, so he just chose to do his moves in the most insulting way possible for no reason? It wasnt to piss off the crowd.

By that point Cena sure as hell knew what he was doing. He knew they were gonna boo him the fuck out of that arena, so he figured, why not enjoy it?

In the end of the day, those ECW nuts, the braindead retards who chanted 'you cant wrestle' to Cena while cheering Sandman, paid good money to see some guy they cannot stand.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
Cena owning the ECW crowd was awesome. The man can play both a face and a heel to perfection.

Just another reason why he will be remember as one of the greats. RVD on the other hand is nothing more than a drug junkie who threw his entire career away.

ECW marks are the biggest hypocrites in the world.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
not just the crowd, but the actual match itself was really really good. if cena won...someone would have been murdered...

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
ECW fans are pussy's. They were acting like they would kill Cena, yet when he was beating the shit out of RVD in the crowd none of them dared to even touch him.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Cena had the entire Hammerstein Ballroom in the palm of his hands. And they didnt even know it.
so true. whether people that still continue to hate on him at live events know it or not, but he works them so hard it's ridiculous. they've become just as big of a joke to him as he is to them. still one of his finest moments was at WM standing and smiling with those guys in the "We Hate Cena" shirts.

Yep, keep thinking that.
glad you support the truth. feel free to carry on.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
so true. whether people that still continue to hate on him at live events know it or not, but he works them so hard it's ridiculous. they've become just as big of a joke to him as he is to them. still one of his finest moments was at WM standing and smiling with those guys in the "We Hate Cena" shirts.
if a face is getting booed and instead of doing what comes natural instead exploit that for the sake of yanking the chain of the people that paid to see the problem solved by having john put in his place then there is a big freaking problem here

i mean you didnt hear anyone cheer the dudleys in ECW did you, nuff said

if those we hate cena shirt wearers knew how to convey themselves properly then they should have turned their backs when the camera was on them, ever think of that boys and girls

glad you support the truth. feel free to carry on.
yeah what he said

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
Yeah great atmosphere, however have never been a big fan of the match itself. RVD seemed slow the whole time and underdone and it sucked that they just couldn't put him over Cena clean without the Edge involvement.

Also never really bought into the whole 'OMG Cena was so awesome had the crowd in the palm of his hand stuff' - he was always going to get booed out of the building against RVD, infact any top face would've.

IMO if he really wanted to antagonise the crowd more he should've given them all the finger and heeled up his offence on RVD more.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I don't know if he was really workin the crowd at that show or not but I know today if he did that show he would go and pose with all the haters with a big smile on his face. And it would be hilarious.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I don't know if he was really workin the crowd at that show or not but I know today if he did that show he would go and pose with all the haters with a big smile on his face. And it would be hilarious.
And the would tear his face off.... according to the ECW marks.

But yes, Cena played the crowd to perfection.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts