Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going back to the Attitude Era I recall a man named Cactus Jack, Dude Love, Mankind, and now known as Mick Foley being a special part of that time. It wasn't like this was a common thing to do in professional sports entertainment. What Foley was doing was unheard of, but at the same genius. If you would have asked me then if Foley was over before playing all of these gimmicks I likely would have said yes just because I was a fan of his prior to his WWE career.

Right now though I feel like there is someone on the roster who could come close to what Foley back then. I'm not suggesting that this person is the next Foley, but I do feel he could be the next person to have more than one character. That person is Fandango. With Foley all of his characters were completely different, and that's going to make this very different from what I feel should be done with Fandango. John Curtis should have three characters that are all related to dancing. Fandango is a dance, not just a name.

For example maybe one of his characters could be associated with the Waltz. It would close to what he is now, but a bit more serious, and violent. He would explain the significance of the art of dance, and compare it to the art of war. Waltz music tends to be sad, or gloomy. This would add to this character having a bit aggressiveness than Fandango. Fandango got folks to dance, but this character would make you hate him. Just picture these two being John Curtis, and whomever that woman is. We would get vignettes of this shit every week to promote this character of his. Something similar to this.

Another one of his characters could be a "Dirty Dancing" type dancer who appeals to the ladies. You blend in his creepy act from his previous NXT stint (before Fandango), and add in the dirty dancing part. Make him overly attached, and emotionally torn up. Of course this character would have to be a blend of Rick Martel, Rick Rude, and a bit of whatever Johnny Curtis can make his own. I think he could pull something like this off. This character needs to see woman as objects for his pleasure.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Bray Wyatt could do something like this I think, not in that style of course but I mean the split personality thing :)

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Fuck no. The fact that Johnny Curtis is stuck doing one dancing gimmick is bad enough. He's this generation's Glenn Gilberti. A guy with top of the card potential who got fucked from the start by shitty 'creative' and having the misfortune of being contractually obligated not to tell them to go fuck themselves.

This is why WWE needs competition, so talented guys get opportunities elsewhere when Vince and his merry band of yes men get it wrong.

I mean, really... he's talented, charismatic and so good looking that most straight guys would fuck him. What moron looks at that package and goes "how about we make him dance, name him after a dance and have him talk like he has a brain injury?"

Shit me, if these idiots had been around in the Attitude Era, The Rock would've been long forgotten for his run as Sandy Vagina, break dancing fisherman turned transsexual superhero. Shit me, it's irritating. They're desperate for a new top line star, but they're wasting the only guy with that potential on this bullshit.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Aggressively White
6,292 Posts
Fandango isn't the only talented, good-looking, charismatic guy on the roster. Anyway you have to start somewhere, whether it be aristocrat, rapper, rocker, rich-guy, deacon or a blue-chipper, or a children's book character. The truly great superstars will make it to the top.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I would like it just because I feel that Curtis deserves something better than the Fandango character. With a better gimmick he would make a great upper midcard heel and I just think it's a bit of waste to throw away a talented worker on a cheap gimmick.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Don't crucify me, but i have been thinking about the split gimmick for Santino for awhile.

He should be able to flip between comedy italian and heel badass russian pretty easily (his old gimmick in developmental) - maybe a storyline bump and brain damage causes the flip? Can even have a wrestling purist canadian in his back pocket

Ricardo is the other one - heel announcer, face masked lucha

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.